Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

What I suspect has happened is Ashley has told Rafa the budget and he has free reign and told Charnley to make sure he gets value for money and not blow it all on inflated prices. It's entirely in character for Ashley to tell his underlings different things and let them fight it out, and it's entirely unhelpful.

This seems to be what's causing the frustration/hold-up.

It would suggest a bit of being a tight arse or incompetence on Lee's part had it not been for the club having previous.

Or prices being ridiculous this summer.  When they set the budget and how much goes to each player they probably didnt know the fees would be so high this summer. Especially if Prem players are being targeted

Throw in that the market hasn't really got going yet. Many players we were linked with early haven't moved anywhere yet and some of the clubs you'd expect to be in and around us have done little.

Think there's something in this, players/agents/clubs holding out for bigger deals later in the window as they know the money has increased so much. Expecting most of the deals to be done in the final week.

We go down that road almost every season. How many times have we actually had a rush of signings late in the window?

I really don't think his comments is the reason :lol: :lol:  We've signed a FB that was on loan at Sunderland and a Championship winger (who I think will be a good signing)

I really don't think his comments is the reason :lol: :lol:  We've signed a FB that was on loan at Sunderland and a Championship winger (who I think will be a good signing)

Come on :lol:

They do nothing for weeks and then we have two signings having medicals within a day of him speaking out.

Of course they are the reason.

They do nothing for weeks and then we have two signings having medicals within a day of him speaking out.

:lol:

Even before Rafa was interviewed it was said that we've raised our bid for Murphy to 10m + add ons. After that it was just minor details.

His interview might help in the long term, hopefully. But these two signings is just a coincidence :lol: :lol:

I saw a black cat on the street and the same evening my neck started to hurt, and it wasn't the fucking cat's fault :lol:

Give over :lol:

Yeah, you keep believing that. :lol:

You don't think Rafa's been knocking on Charnley's door f***ing ages ago saying that he wants signings in asap? :lol: It's been all over the media that Rafa's been frustrated, from many different sources. As if this interview made the difference :lol: Murpy was more or less done before, except the finishing touches.

Nah he just waited until very late for a meaningless interview to sort it all out. Rafa's shy and didn't dare to say anything earlier. I can understand people mentioning it, but I'd like to think it's been more like "" ;) "" than dead serious like you are, but maybe other posters on here are as sure as you are that this is the reason we're making signings now.

I think it's incredibly naive to think Mike Ashley and his chronies won't do f*** all given the chance as he has been doing.

I also think it's naive based on history of Mike Ashley running this football club that they do nothing for weeks and "coincidentally"  a day after being called out publicly by his manager not one but two signings are happening.

You can choose to believe it's a coincidence if you want but to me that's incredibly naive considering the history of Ashley and how he's ran the club.

I think it's incredibly naive to think Mike Ashley and his chronies won't do f*** all given the chance as he has been doing.

I also think it's naive based on history of Mike Ashley running this football club that they do nothing for weeks and "coincidentally"  a day after being called out publicly by his manager not one but two signings are happening.

You can choose to believe it's a coincidence if you want but to me that's incredibly naive considering the history of Ashley and how he's ran the club.

Yeah I must be naive to believe that Rafa's got big fucking balls and isn't afraid to tell his leaders early on that it's not moving fast enough. He must just have been sitting at his desk the whole time and suddenly decided in a interview to speak his mind, so that it all suddenly just changed and a few hours later it just happened.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've been speaking to my pal lately about Rafa who is a Liverpool ST holder and he says Rafa will only ever quit as a last resort and it would take something like him having no budget or no control to do that.

He's not a chequebook manager and isn't someone who lusts after big names or big expensive players so won't be demanding silly money which we all know anyway. He also said he loves the political side of football and likes a fight, be it at boardroom level of with the media.

He said he doesn't suffer fools though or players who are lazy and have egos and that such people wont last long or will become the the targets of his ire.

He's told me not to worry about him leaving for now and that if anyone can tame Ashley its Rafa because he's a bit like Ashley in that he doesn't give a fuck, will tell it straight and isn't afraid to drop bombs or use dirty tactics.

He did say as a supporter though I will tire of the politics and the games which he gets himself involved in. I don't know what to think. I have money on him leaving before a ball is kicked for example and part of me thinks he's too good for these fucking idiots and would be way better off out of it.

If only we had the perfect fucking owner man because we have the perfect manager for us.

Transfers tend to take longer than 24 hours from initiation to medical like. No doubt Rafa's comments will potentially help twist the fat c***'s arm but they had nowt to do with these signings.

Not saying they started working on them in last 24 hours, just that Rafa has pressured them into working faster to get shit done.

That is to say that i don't believe we'd be talking about 2 players being signed if Rafa kept quiet, at least not yet.