Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I'm not sure he will walk, but Bilic is finished and West Ham will def think they can get him.

They are forcing him to walk aren't they? I can't imagine there is any mental juggling a man of his stature can do to put up with this humiliation.

Exactly

I'm not sure he will walk, but Bilic is finished and West Ham will def think they can get him.

They are forcing him to walk aren't they? I can't imagine there is any mental juggling a man of his stature can do to put up with this humiliation.

I think so yeah, I mean there's only so much he will put up with. I just think he will let it be known to West Ham that he is interested, they come in, and he goes.

For me this looks like calculated brinkmanship from the regime.

“Rafa Benitez wanted Andrew Robertson or Kieran Gibbs after winning promotion. Now the club are scrambling for a loan deal for Matt Targett!”

Richardson has allegedly known Benitez for a few years, and claimed earlier in the month that the ex-Liverpool boss was at “breaking point” with the Newcastle board due to a lack of backing.

“Been saying all summer that Rafa Benitez has become increasingly frustrated at Newcastle United over the transfer policy. He is now at breaking point,” he stated.

“Ready to walk…unless he brings in the players he wants. Spoke to him at length after the recent Preston friendly.

“Rafa can’t believe Mitro is still there.”

Guarantee the post window press conference will have the press all desperate to suggest he is moving on to West Ham or other clubs and asking awkward questions that back Benitez I to a corner. Only for him to say "it is disappointing but we know where we are at and we must stick together with the fans on our side and move onto the next game against Swansea which will be tough but we will be prepared."

Simply cause he's a top man.

Probably my heart ruling my head but that's how it will pan out and he will be here until February at least

My heart ruling my head says Rafa walks in, plonks Ashley's severed head on the table, sits down, smiles and says "good morning".

So once again we hired a manager whose ambition was in no way aligned with what Mike Ashley wants to do as far as recruitment goes. Why the fuck bring him in then?!

If Rafa was looking at the likes of Robertson and Gibbs then it is clear there was a complete clash in approach. So fucking frustrating.

Why can't this idiot just find a manager that is happy to go after younger players with sell on value and stop fucking about. One that actually has some ability.

I'm so angry it's unreal. Somehow we got Rafa fucking Benitez to manage us and he's been treated like shit.

When he's gone Tim Sherwood will end up getting a 60 or 70 mill war chest.

It's just baffling, predictable but utterly baffling.

Fuming.

“Rafa Benitez wanted Andrew Robertson or Kieran Gibbs after winning promotion. Now the club are scrambling for a loan deal for Matt Targett!”

Richardson has allegedly known Benitez for a few years, and claimed earlier in the month that the ex-Liverpool boss was at “breaking point” with the Newcastle board due to a lack of backing.

“Been saying all summer that Rafa Benitez has become increasingly frustrated at Newcastle United over the transfer policy. He is now at breaking point,” he stated.

“Ready to walk…unless he brings in the players he wants. Spoke to him at length after the recent Preston friendly.

“Rafa can’t believe Mitro is still there.”

Damning.

I hope to God Rafa can find somewhere where he can enjoy his football again.

Think it will be West Ham and he will be allowed to get on with things there.

I have no doubt that MA has already schemed behind the scenes with them to take him off our hands. It is why he probably shut things down completely and didn't even pretend to back him anymore.

He does not want Rafa to bring in experienced players, or players that command higher wages.

Think about how out of whack the transfer for Murphy was this summer. Spending £10 million on that kid who really hasn't done anything yet, simply because he is a young English emerging talent that could effectively go for 3 times his fee with a bit of success in a few years. I'm sure MA was just thrilled he isn't even starting games.

What exactly have the Gold|Sullivan|Brady axis got that is better than Ashley? Perhaps Rafa gets the  "f*ck you I am off" factor. Other than that they are equally as shit as Ashley imo. This is the world we live in..

Guarantee the post window press conference will have the press all desperate to suggest he is moving on to West Ham or other clubs and asking awkward questions that back Benitez I to a corner. Only for him to say "it is disappointing but we know where we are at and we must stick together with the fans on our side and move onto the next game against Swansea which will be tough but we will be prepared."

Simply cause he's a top man.

Probably my heart ruling my head but that's how it will pan out and he will be here until February at least

Think you're in for a shock mind no chance a manager of his stature will stop under the current shambles

I won't be shocked either way to be honest. But I just choose to believe we are surrounded by light and not darkness as a certain legend said...

MA has his profile of the type of players he wants to sign and despite all the posturing he was going to try and push Benitez into buying into that ideal.

Well it hasn't worked and so he is now effectively trying to squeeze Rafa out of the club. Simple as that.

Why not just find someone with ability that is happy to work with the young players you prefer to buy, someone int he profile of the Huddersfield manager for example.

Such a sloppy lazy piece of shit guy man. Just fuck off.

There is no point in him staying a second longer because he will never be allowed to bring in the players he wants and so the squad is always going to be a mess man. It's a bloody waste of time.