Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

West Ham are not much of an improvement on us.  I would hate for him to leave us to go there.

They are quite liberal with the truth themselves and look at how they are trying to undermine Bilic in public at the moment.  They will spend more on a single player than we will but Sullivan likes to buy players himself so the manager doesn't always get to choose.  They might promise to cede control to Rafa to get him to sign but I think they will find it difficult not to interfere.

When he leaves, I hope it will be to a genuinely bigger club.

West Ham are not much of an improvement on us.  I would hate for him to leave us to go there.

They are quite liberal with the truth themselves and look at how they are trying to undermine Bilic in public at the moment.  They will spend more on a single player than we will but Sullivan likes to buy players himself so the manager doesn't always get to choose.  They might promise to cede control to Rafa to get him to sign but I think they will find it difficult not to interfere.

When he leaves, I hope it will be to a genuinely bigger club.

Agree. Tried to say the same thing on this thread a few pages back but did not put it as well as this. If West Ham owners are better than Ashley it is not by much, and imo not worth him risking it. A proper football club would be a different proposition....

West Ham have wanted Rafa for a while though. And they'll want to appease the fans so will give him a load to spend.

Surely an outsider would have thought this about us too though. Didn't work out that way for us, and see no real indication that it will for West Ham.

West Ham's upcoming fixtures are superb, on paper. Let's hope they win a few.

It's the ideal time to hire a top coach (like Rafa) who is capable of re-energizing the squad and give them the 'new manager' bounce. Sleepwalking through an appetizing set of upconing fixtures with a "dead man walking" manager amounts to commiting suicide, from the perspective of risking their seat on the EPL Gravy Train.

There's no way he's leaving until the end of the season imho, you all can relax. He's just not the kind of manager that bolts in the middle of the season.

I don't have your confidence in Rafa staying, he would love to stick it up Ashley now, the old saying don't get mad get even springs to mind.

And it's nothing less than the money grabbing parasite Ashley deserves.