Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think Rafa will want to aim higher than just survival. He's still gonna be realistic though so I can imagine that he'll look to aim towards mid table and see it as a good season if that's where we end up.

I think Rafa will want to aim higher than just survival. He's still gonna be realistic though so I can imagine that he'll look to aim towards mid table and see it as a good season if that's where we end up.

I reckon his first priority will be comfortable survival, and beyond that he'll focus on a decent cup run.

If we are sitting 10th a year from now I'll be ecstatic

I don't expect anywhere close to that tbh, as long as we are relatively comfortable and we are showing progress i'll be happy.

Currently Bournemouth are 10th, it's not massively unlikely.

If we are sitting 10th a year from now I'll be ecstatic

I don't expect anywhere close to that tbh, as long as we are relatively comfortable and we are showing progress i'll be happy.

Currently Bournemouth are 10th, it's not massively unlikely.

Maybe i'm just pessimistic due to years of disappointment :lol: I'd be ecstatic if we could finish that high mind.

Stoke are 12th, won 1 in 8

On TalkSport there was a canny debate between Savage and a Stoke fan yesterday. Stoke fan turned out to be a bit of a gimp...and I cannot stand Savage.

He (the Stoke fan) was claiming they could get Benitez or the Sevilla manager and they should sack Hughes as he cannot take them any further and his football is shit. Savage said at the top of the programme that the Stoke fans calling for his head were delusional idiots. :lol:

I find Stoke and Mark Hughes ridiculously boring. He's finished 10th and 12th twice in his three seasons and on course to finish 12th again. Spent quite a lot on players and still have Glen Whelan in their midfield. Their home ground is nowhere near as daunting as it used to be and they rarely beat the big teams any more.

A quick look at their results and I don;t think they've beaten anyone in the top half all season. I don't think think they are progressing

Saying 120m is a bit over the top imo.

Aye. Other than that there wasn't too much untoward in that piece.

Basically, everyone in world football with an interest in Newcastle United agrees Rafa must be backed...

Quite nice to hear someone who I assume is a ManUre fan saying about us "punching our weight". Not sure what those Mourinho and Man United comments had to do with the discussion at all really.

Might not help with Ashley, but I have to say that there's no better person on this planet than Rafa to do the talks and try and convince us to invest money and be ambitious. He won't just go there unprepared and say I want this or that. He will have done his homework and it'll be very detailed and informative with tons of points how and why this club can be so much more than it currently is, and how it can be ran as an ambitious club and still be good business wise at the same time. I trust him 100% to do it as well as one can possibly do, whether that is enough or not remains to be seen. If Rafa can't do it then we might as well give upp while Ashley is at the helm. It's now or never more or less. There will be no better chance in the near future to finally make something good of Newcastle United. He will want tons of ambition but he'll not demand unrealistic things either, he's wise and experienced enough to know what is reasonable. This is the last flight, don't f***ing miss out on it Ashley! And not just for next season, ambitious in the long term as well otherwise it'll just be a waste of time and everyone's energy.

Guest Howaythetoon

One good thing with Rafa is he actually likes the politics and likes to ruffle some feathers. If anyone can convince Ashley to splash the cash and concede control its Rafa and Ashley would be dumb as fuck to ignore Rafa who represents his best chance of success with NUFC. Lose Rafa and its the end or should be...

One good thing with Rafa is he actually likes the politics and likes to ruffle some feathers. If anyone can convince Ashley to splash the cash and concede control its Rafa and Ashley would be dumb as fuck to ignore Rafa who represents his best chance of success with NUFC. Lose Rafa and its the end or should be...

I want to know what changed from last summer when he was clearly allowed to do that and January when it looked like Carr was back in the game.

I want to know what changed from last summer when he was clearly allowed to do that and January when it looked like Carr was back in the game.

We weren't twenty points clear at the top.

Ironically if we'd signed a couple, I reckon we'd be approaching that now.