Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest chopey

I presume it's that Warnock hasn't been charged yet, not that he isn't going to get charged

Has Warnock seriously not been charged for his comments ?

West ham? They have genuine interest, Liverpool if they don't make the top 4? I only see Rafa managing in England until he retires so that rules out any teams abroad. I hope Ashley tells Rafa he is our manager until he wants to retire or Spain come calling.

Please hurry up you just know clubs are waiting to prise Rafa away

like who?

Rafa will stay, calm the f*** down

missed it, wonder if its anywhere to watch. literally ran out of my shoes to the TV when it cam up on this thread he was on FF. :lol:

Will be on iPlayer after midnight.

From the Chronicle:

Rafa has been on Football Focus this morning. He was asked about the reception from fans on the last day of last season as they pleaded for him to stay after the win over Tottenham. He said

"I will say that not just the reception of the last day, because from the first day the fans were amazing.

They were amazing with me, and the last day against Tottenham, everyone was signing my name and I could say that it could be the key in terms of my decision after I met Mike Ashley.

We talked about the future, I talked to my family, and we knew that the best thing for me, for them, for us, and maybe for everyone here, was just to stay and try to go up as soon as we could."

"I think that they appreciate that I decided to stay and also the effort of everyone here.

From day one, the fans and all the members of the staff were pushing to win and go in the same direction.

It was quite easy and quite difficult at the same time. "

"I am trying to send another message across: We have done our job, we have achieved what we wanted to achieve, we are so pleased, so happy.

But if we can be champions, it will be even better. "

"I will say that my family is in Liverpool and my relationship with the English fans is quite good, but especially across in Liverpool.

Then obviously coming here you could see a lot of similarities between the Scousers and the Geordies.

They’re cities of workers, the people have passion, and they work very hard and they are always behind the team.

I have problems with both (the accents of Scousers and Geordies), but I understand a little bit better the Scouse because my little daughter is talking with a Scouse accent!"

"Newcastle United is a big club that we have to manage now maybe the expectations.

Some people will be expecting and thinking: ‘Oh we have to challenge and maybe be in Europe.’

Some people will be happy just avoiding relegation.

So we have to make sure that the message is the right message, and the fans they understand that the best way to go as high as you can in the table is stay calm, support the team and keep the professionals doing their job.

I was reading that, ‘Rafa was asking for this figure’, or ‘he will be given this much money’,

We haven’t talked about how much money we want, we haven’t had the meeting yet that we have to have.

We will talk about that in the future.

It’s not that I am asking for this figure or another one.

We have to be realistic and I expect that the conversation will be positive, constructive, and after that it will be positive hopefully. "

Asked if he’s a political man, he said:

"No. For sure I will say no.

My best time as a manager was my first year at Liverpool when I didn’t have any problems and I was over the moon because you want to concentrate on your football.

Hopefully everything will be fine, then we will enjoy and we will have what everybody wants."

"It means I will be working very hard and I want to see the owner and hopefully everything will be fine.

We are already working on pre-season and everything.

That is the way I do things, it doesn’t matter if you stay or if you go, you have to keep working.

But at the moment I am thinking like I will be here 10 years. "

Guest neesy111

Dion Dublin should fuck off back to Homes Under The Hammer.

Apparently he eats Berocca raw.

Strange man.