Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

As if our fans will do anything. There's a generation who wear our struggles like a badge of honour - it means they can belittle other fans. "I was there when we were shit" etc.

Ashley will very comfortable.

I reckon Rafa would stay. Like I said before, I think NUFC is a very appealing club to him (by which I mean the fans).

The major issue, as I see it, is that he doesn't suffer fools gladly. So a falling-out with Ashley is probably inevitable… :(

I reckon Rafa would stay. Like I said before, I think NUFC is a very appealing club to him (by which I mean the fans).

The major issue, as I see it, is that he doesn't suffer fools gladly. So a falling-out with Ashley is probably inevitable… :(

Oh of course. It won't be him who fucks up.

Depends if Charnley etc get the boot.

I'm pretty sure he will. Carr, him, Concur and McClaren working as our cheap as chips advisory board have cost Ashley this season and next. He'd have to be an absolute imbecile to lose the best manager he's ever appointed since Keegan.

I think Rafa will stay here and I think he'll get all of the power he asks for.  Keeping Rafa is a no brainer and I think he'll be seen as a buffer for the idiots he works for and I think they'll realise they've got as lucky as they'll ever get with appointing him.  His wages will be less than one of our higher earning players so I doubt that will be an issue.

I walked away a couple of years ago but will definitely look to get another season ticket for next season if he's still here, no matter which division we're in.

Carr is almost certain to go, the best he can hope for is to stay with reduced say in transfers and I would expect Charnley might get the bullet if we get relegated.  My worry about Charnley getting the bullet is that Llambias could come back and that would keep me away from the club.

Me neither,but I don't think it's entirely out of the question.

Ashley knows relegation would bring a huge shit storm his way. His only trump card to keep the fans happy is Rafa.

They've proved time and time again that they'll be more than willing to watch any old shite in absolute silence whilst paying through the nose for the privilege. 

I'd also think the Wongaloids would gulp down the preferred media partner propaganda about how Rafa's inexperience in relegation battles is what took us down and his inexperience in the championship would stop us coming back up. Or, Ashley wouldn't give a shit about the fans, as per.

Why do people say stuff like this? :lol: Yet to come across a single person who isn't fully supportive of Benitez or unaware that he's been brought in far too late.

Because they'll change their minds if he leaves. For a lot of our fans, whatever the club does is absolutely the right decision, no matter what. Why do I have to explain this?

I'm surprised that the people dismissing the idea of him staying are the same that denied he would come in the first place, didn't you learn last time? You're too quick to write off anything positive without thinking about it rationally. The reasons Rafa would stay are the same as the reasons he would come in the first place. Yeah, he's going to need more power and concessions will have to be made that go against Ashley's history here, but that's been happening all season. Just a few months ago plenty of people were saying he'd never sack McClaren even though the club's transfer policy has obviously changed.

It's a bit more of a stretch this time, granted, but it's certainly realistic.

Ashley knows relegation would bring a huge s*** storm his way. His only trump card to keep the fans happy is Rafa.

They've proved time and time again that they'll be more than willing to watch any old s**** in absolute silence whilst paying through the nose for the privilege. 

I'd also think the Wongaloids would gulp down the preferred media partner propaganda about how Rafa's inexperience in relegation battles is what took us down and his inexperience in the championship would stop us coming back up. Or, Ashley wouldn't give a s*** about the fans, as per.

Why do people say stuff like this? :lol: Yet to come across a single person who isn't fully supportive of Benitez or unaware that he's been brought in far too late.

Because they'll change their minds if he leaves. For a lot of our fans, whatever the club does is absolutely the right decision, no matter what. Why do I have to explain this?

Because you're talking shit? Non of the fans i know that go to games believes this, quite the opposite in fact.

Ashley knows relegation would bring a huge s*** storm his way. His only trump card to keep the fans happy is Rafa.

They've proved time and time again that they'll be more than willing to watch any old s**** in absolute silence whilst paying through the nose for the privilege. 

I'd also think the Wongaloids would gulp down the preferred media partner propaganda about how Rafa's inexperience in relegation battles is what took us down and his inexperience in the championship would stop us coming back up. Or, Ashley wouldn't give a s*** about the fans, as per.

Because you're talking shit? Non of the fans i know that go to games believes this, quite the opposite in fact.

What's your point?

:lol: 'Why do I have to explain my baseless claims?' Not even sure who 'they' are. This place has fabricated the 'wongaloids' and now this group is somehow representative of anyone who attends a match. Very weird.

I haven't seen obvious change in transfer policy.

True, weve been spending 80M every season since Ashley took over.

On English players :lol:

I don't see the 80m panic spend as a policy change per se. The funds available and transfer policy aren't the same thing. We're still going for the same deals that don't address the imbalance the team. Fed up of hearing about this 80m. It'll be chump change in a few years within the prem and the club makes significant profits each year. The English players thing; I was impressed by the Shelvey signing and Townsend has a goal in him, don't really care about English players though and that seems to be the reason they were signed over needs elsewhere. I get the policy change argument; but McClaren still had little say and acquisitions were still based on Carrs little list of favours and ultimately have been our downfall this season. It's hardly been a case of but things have been so different? How did it go so wrong?

Because you're talking s***? Non of the fans i know that go to games believes this, quite the opposite in fact.

What's your point?

The bit in bold is crap and you know it. No idea why people on here pretend to believe this stuff.

Because you're talking s***? Non of the fans i know that go to games believes this, quite the opposite in fact.

What's your point?

The bit in bold is crap and you know it. No idea why people on here pretend to believe this stuff.

It fits into the 'our fans are thick scum in comparison to us intelligent Internet types' rhetoric.

I'm surprised that the people dismissing the idea of him staying are the same that denied he would come in the first place, didn't you learn last time? You're too quick to write off anything positive without thinking about it rationally. The reasons Rafa would stay are the same as the reasons he would come in the first place. Yeah, he's going to need more power and concessions will have to be made that go against Ashley's history here, but that's been happening all season. Just a few months ago plenty of people were saying he'd never sack McClaren even though the club's transfer policy has obviously changed.

It's a bit more of a stretch this time, granted, but it's certainly realistic.

Fair comment.

On the other hand, the concept of Rafa Benitez being employed by this NUFC is already fairly ridiculous; the concept of that being in the second tier and the club ripping up every awful principle they've stuck by for years (particularly paying him big wages and giving him full control) is just more ridiculous. :lol: It's not about negativity, just realism.

It's just so much of a risk to him. His reputation like it or not will have already taken a hit once we go down, then for him to manage in the championship would take it down even further (not in my eyes, but around the world it will), then what if we don't get back up? Why risk it? Add into the mix a volatile and difficult owner who is proven to be a liar and crook... Come on. :lol:

The point is there, though poorly worded. There are significant numbers who no matter what the club do, trot the 'what is a club' line and cite a more than a club rhetoric that has just been destroyed by the very people within it. I don't think it equates to a generation of sheeple but some things you hear....dear me.

It's just so much of a risk to him. His reputation like it or not will have already taken a hit once we go down, then for him to manage in the championship would take it down even further (not in my eyes, but around the world it will), then what if we don't get back up? Why risk it? Add into the mix a volatile and difficult owner who is proven to be a liar and crook... Come on. :lol:

He'll know by the end of summer whether he has the backing of the owner, and if it gets to August and he hasn't been backed - then he will leave, and he'll have options. If not, the Championship ought to be an easy win for him and he'll continue earning the presumably lucrative wages which drew him here in the first place.

The problem is that the squad needs root and branch upheaval, and Ashley may not pay for that/believe it is required - whereas Rafa will know better.

It all depends on how much he wants to be in the game and whether he has other options.

If Spain, Valencia or someone of that ilk comes in for him, then it's highly unlikely he will stay. However, I can quite feasibly see him hanging around to rebuild us if he is only getting offers from smaller clubs, regardless of what league they are in.

I think it's a fair bet that he wants to stay in England, unless a massive club turns up. It's also a fair bet that he wants to stay in the game, rather than twiddling his thumbs at home.

There's no suprise he is keeping his cards close to his chest, what has he to gain by committing either way? I'd say current chances are 50/50.