Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Tiote was knackered. In all honesty Swansea were all over us for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half and we were teetering on imploding. We had Colback playing what looked like the apex of a diamond with Gini and Sissoko looking ineffective. Make no mistake; we weren't good and if we continue to play like that we are down.

Hopefully the result will give us a bit belief but a similar performance on Tuesday will see us lose comfortably.

We looked a lot worse in the 20 mis after Shelvey replaced Tiote tbh. That was the spell when Swansea had their only meaningful chances. But Tiote was knackered, maybe Rafa didn't have any other option but to replace him, even if it was with someone who looks like a ghost and has about as much physical impact.

How many of us pre-match thought "WTF?!" but actually how many genuinely questioned Rafa? It was so refreshing to have 100% faith in the manager for the first time in approximately a decade despite not understanding his selection. The time for playing fan favourites or perceived fan favourites has long gone and actually, shouldn't ever be the case. Benitez found a combination that worked yesterday and I hope he conjours up an equally successful combination to get anything from Shiteh

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

In a "thinking too much" mode, but I thought that a lot of the quotes from "an associate of the Spaniard" in George Caulkin's article led me to think he wants to stay. The sorts of things about poor recruitment and wanting to get the club to the Champions League level don't sound like a man about to leave. He wants to reform the club, top to bottom, and I think he wants to do that whether we stay up or go down.

Additionally, he made it obvious he wants a project in England - well, fixing NUFC has to be close to the biggest project in England.

All we can hope for is that Ashley has had his hands burnt so badly he says "Fine Rafa, you make it work."

and the thing is he (MA) could transform his own reputation & STILL get richer!  how can he not see it as win/win?  :frantic:

Tactically he's probably the best in the world IMO.

We all love the bloke but that's just too much man.

Name someone better?

Simeone and Guardiola.

Allegri is pretty close too.

I'm not saying he isn't one of the best, but I wouldn't say the very best like. If he was the very best he wouldn't be our manager.

No chance of that. Not with City winning last night and Arsenal beating Palace. Too far behind.

And if you looked at Liverpool's line up today, all the eggs are in the Europa basket. That was a good win with that line up to be fair.

He does things differently. Some do come off like his starting midfield and Mitro coming off the bench yesterday. Yet there are times it doesn't work like Taylor for Lascelles at Southampton and continuing to play that useless c*** Gini. It's normal that we might feel uncomfortable with his decisions but at least his tactics before and during the game aren't predictable like Pardew and McClaren. He makes the changes during the game that can atleast change the game unlike bringing a LB on for a LB or a token SDJ substitution 10 minutes from time.

Pardew would have brought on someone defensive at 1-0 up as would McLaren. Rafa could see us flagging and made 3 attacking subs to finish game off, brilliant.

McClaren would have sat on 1-0 without a sub and then waited until 1-2 before swapping Townsend for Obertan.

Those close to Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez say he is falling in love with the supporters and the city

Fuck off. That's why he signed in the first place. NUFC is a Real Club. He knew that.

Guest Gomez

We did sit on 1-0. The difference was that we actually looked solid and pressed well when they were on the ball. Even if we didn't win it back, they couldn't get any dangerous possesion. It went a  bit to shit when Tiote came off, and until Mitro came on, it looked like they could easily have got back into it.

3-0. 34% possesion. Typical Rafa ;) not that I'm complaining.

Those close to Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez say he is falling in love with the supporters and the city

Fuck off. That's why he signed in the first place. NUFC is a Real historic Club. He knew that.

Guest reefatoon

It's unreal the change over the last couple of games. The fitness of the team looks so much better too. It's amazing having such a good fucking manager in charge.