Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa is brilliant at managing a game from the dugout, that's why he is one of the best. Tactically he's probably the best in the world IMO.

Guest chopey

When the game finished he went straight over to Shelvey and gave him a big hug and had a talk to him, top class manager and we must keep him at all costs

Tiote was knackered. In all honesty Swansea were all over us for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half and we were teetering on imploding. We had Colback playing what looked like the apex of a diamond with Gini and Sissoko looking ineffective. Make no mistake; we weren't good and if we continue to play like that we are down.

Hopefully the result will give us a bit belief but a similar performance on Tuesday will see us lose comfortably.

When the game finished he went straight over to Shelvey and gave him a big hug and had a talk to him, top class manager and we must keep him at all costs

Bit out of character, that. I think he may have realised this lot aren't the consummate professionals he's used to working with and need a bit of encouragement.

Tiote was knackered. In all honesty Swansea were all over us for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half and we were teetering on imploding. We had Colback playing what looked like the apex of a diamond with Gini and Sissoko looking ineffective. Make no mistake; we weren't good and if we continue to play like that we are down.

Hopefully the result will give us a bit belief but a similar performance on Tuesday will see us lose comfortably.

In all honesty I'd expect them to, being 0-1 down at half time. No doubt they got a talking to, because they looked horrible in the first half, regardless of how we played.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tactically he's probably the best in the world IMO.

We all love the bloke but that's just too much man.

Name someone better?

Name someone better?

All the ones who didn't end up having to manage us[emoji38]

Guest neesy111

Name someone better?

Simeone.

They had some great chances though - looked only a matter of time until an equaliser

I'd agree that Swansea came out in the second half and looked dangerous but they had one shot on target. Can only remember one really good chance they created - they had a lot of the ball but didn't do much with it.

I'm not sure we've had a better tactical manager, we probably haven't and that's not me saying he's better than Keegan or Bobby.  Only time will tell on that one but I do think he influences games more through interventions over the 90 minutes than the other 2 did, at least he has so far.  Maybe that will happen less if we keep him and get a decent team, maybe it's just that he has to.