Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I'm coming round to that way of thinking. Not sure if the Spain job is his to refuse though.

He does seem to have built a connection with the fans in the short time he's been here and identifies with the area. I guess if they handed control over and he knew he could get players in who almost ensured promotion then there's a chance.

So do people think there is a chance that he could stay on even if we are relegated?

I'm starting to think he might want to stay (though it's mainly based on articles from the likes of Lee Ryder :lol:), but I still can't see the club agreeing to keeping him on his current contract. Probably mess him about like they did with Shearer.

Ashley has to see it can't go back to the way it was. I realise his track record suggests precedent for being a total dipshit, but even he can't be so fucked up crazy that he can't see the benefit in this one.

I'm coming round to that way of thinking. Not sure if the Spain job is his to refuse though.

No other visible candidates and Del Bosque is leaving after the Euro. Big chance he'll get the offer. I agree that he doesn't seem to fit the international manager mold, though. I don't think it would work.

There's also Valencia, but I don't see him getting along with their current ownership (granted, he's got Ashley to contend with at NUFC). And it seems he wants to stay in the UK for the foreseeable future.

It really depends on what's on offer elsewhere. The Everton job might fall vacant, and he'd probably like to move back to Merseyside.

Rafa has got us defending a lot better now. That's only partly down to better organisation in the back four. Our closing down further up the pitch looks a bit more systematic and organised than before. Previously, we seemed to have random, unco-ordinated efforts from individuals which were easily dealt with.

It's still a problem, but not as big a one as before.

He's not a manager that's created a strong impression on me before, but I can see now why he's well liked by the Scousers.

It really depends on what's on offer elsewhere. The Everton job might fall vacant, and he'd probably like to move back to Merseyside.

Rafa has got us defending a lot better now. That's only partly down to better organisation in the back four. Our closing down further up the pitch looks a bit more systematic and organised than before. Previously, we seemed to have random, unco-ordinated efforts from individuals which were easily dealt with.

He's not a manager that's created a strong impression on me before, but I can see now why he's well liked by the Scousers.

Not a chance he'd go to Everton IMO.

Heard Keegan is in line for the mackem job too.

So do people think there is a chance that he could stay on even if we are relegated?

I'm starting to think he might want to stay (though it's mainly based on articles from the likes of Lee Ryder :lol:), but I still can't see the club agreeing to keeping him on his current contract. Probably mess him about like they did with Shearer.

Not that this changing any feelings towards Ashley but i actually think he may have had an epiphany. And might realise he has to change the clubs approach....

Erm nah  :lol:

Ashley has to see it can't go back to the way it was. I realise his track record suggests precedent for being a total dipshit, but even he can't be so fucked up crazy that he can't see the benefit in this one.

Giving his no.1 minion a pay rise doesn't give me a great deal of confidence.

The Liverpool fan I was watching the game with (:smug:) absolutely hates Rafa. I found it strange, based on what various Red visitors to this place have said, but didn't dispute it on account of our experiences with Pardew.

I said "you're in a minority there, surely?" He said no, citing how he ruined the club by binning every single one of the staff - even down to the admin, in favour of Spanish people. "We won the CL but got nowhere near the title, and he had us playing terrible football that's taken years for us to shake off."

Seems strange. Is there really a percentage of Liverpool fans who seriously dislike the guy? The irony is, this lad seemed to hate Rafa for all the reasons I'm most excited for - I.e. a complete stripping down and rebuilding of the club.

Guest neesy111

They got near the title in '09, like. Honestly, where do fucking cunts like that come from.

Was about to say that, they lost 2-3 games that season.

And what he was saying about the identity of the club being taken away; I mean, really? I don't even know if that's true, re the behind the scenes stuff. Like I said, I wasn't going to argue with him because of what we had to suffer with Pardew, but he certainly didn't provide a convincing argument. Seemed very strange.