Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I do actually love him, and I hate Newcastle for it.

I was that ally out willing relegation, now I hope and pray we stay up and see him build a future.

No doubt even if we do stay up Ashley will go back on his words, think he knows best and force him out.

I do actually love him, and I hate Newcastle for it.

I was that ally out willing relegation, now I hope and pray we stay up and see him build a future.

No doubt even if we do stay up Ashley will go back on his words, think he knows best and force him out.

Yeah, that's in the contract too, isn't it? Man, this is so Newcastle.

I couldn't give two fucks if Ashley stays so long as he keeps Rafa, Ashley can just melt into the background and let Rafa take control of everything

This. Whether we go down or not, if Benitez stays - I will end my St James self-imposed exile and I will take the bairn too. He offers hope - something that we haven't had since Keegan came back in 2008.

I have posted this earlier - If Rafa stays at Newcastle for 3-5 years you will win trophies. No doubt about it.

If Ashley and Charnley wants him to stay, is willing to provide him with the resources he needs to build Newcastle - he will stay at Newcastle whether it is in the premier league or in the Championship. The money is important but I dont think Rafa is 100% about the money. After Istanbul he was the hottest manager in Europe. He could have left us and gone to far more easier jobs in the continent where he would have earned twice the money.

The project is as important to him as the salary he earns. He will build your footballing infrastructure - youth team coaching, scouting, diet, physical fitness. For the first time since Sir Bobby Robson - you will have serious technical footballing people (Borrell, Segura) handling all aspects of your club. It will rival or be on par with any other team you see on the continent. Not past players coaching based on reputation and all.

He gives 200% and the big question is are the owners willing to match his intensity and passion.

Isn't it strange how we all hate managers because they're not Geordies yet not one of us have a bad word to say about Rafa. 

He's from even further south than London too, he should be absolutely despised!

Guest chopey

I despised Rafa six months ago, like. Now I love him. This is too weird.

Is NUFC your Second team VI ? if so why ?

Good posts Wacko.  I think what you've pointed out is why he's perfect for us but not a good option for your Chelsea's and Real's.

Exactly. He's a terrible fit for sides full of trophy players. The polar opposite of Del Bosque.

The most successful managers there over the last decade + have been Ancelotti, Mourinho and Del Bosque. At their best very good with man management (Jose seems to completely fall out with everyone after a couple years). At a slightly underdog club that's Rafa's best role.

If we could get him in the PL for 5 seasons I think we would break our trophy drought. The thought - the possibility - in the face of the odds of this season are crazy.

I have no doubt that Rafa will win trophies for NUFC if he sticks around.

People always loved to beat us over the head with his "poor" league performance, ignoring the fact that he was concentrating all his resources on the CL (and we were the top-ranked side in Europe—and highly-feared abroad—for a few years).

If you don't mind sucking up a relatively mediocre league finish in return for a very strong push for a cup, he's absolutely your man.

:lol: Yes I used to do that a lot. But then Leicester are going to win the league this season using basically the same formula.

I despised Rafa six months ago, like. Now I love him. This is too weird.

Aye me too.

I didn't want to but i've started thinking about what he would do to the team if we stayed up in the summer.

Wij

Shelvey

Janmaat

Saivet

All gone. Doesn't seem to rate Saivet and the rest don't put enough effort in to be in a Benitez team.

So proud to have this bloke as our manager, man. He's an absolute class act. I really hope he's here for more than just this season because his will to succeed seems to be infectious. The thought of what he could achieve if adequately backed is almost frightening. :lol:

Isn't it strange how we all hate managers because they're not Geordies yet not one of us have a bad word to say about Rafa. 

And we all hate cockneys like Chris Hughton, Rob Lee, Les Ferdinand and Supermac. ;D

I have posted this earlier - If Rafa stays at Newcastle for 3-5 years you will win trophies. No doubt about it.

If Ashley and Charnley wants him to stay, is willing to provide him with the resources he needs to build Newcastle - he will stay at Newcastle whether it is in the premier league or in the Championship. The money is important but I dont think Rafa is 100% about the money. After Istanbul he was the hottest manager in Europe. He could have left us and gone to far more easier jobs in the continent where he would have earned twice the money.

The project is as important to him as the salary he earns. He will build your footballing infrastructure - youth team coaching, scouting, diet, physical fitness. For the first time since Sir Bobby Robson - you will have serious technical footballing people (Borrell, Segura) handling all aspects of your club. It will rival or be on par with any other team you see on the continent. Not past players coaching based on reputation and all.

He gives 200% and the big question is are the owners willing to match his intensity and passion.

[/quote]

There could be a bit of a problem here.

It's what massively tempers my excitement. We all know Rafa is the right man.

width=400http://www.sunderlandecho.com/webimage/1.7625005.1450170485!/image/3862476029.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleMaxWidth_620/3862476029.jpg[/img]