Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Many people forget that according to David Sullivan (yeah I know), Rafa was 'two hours away' from becoming West Ham's manager in the summer before Real came in for him. Whether it was true or not, I don't know but if it was true, seems to me he was desperate to come back and manage in the Premier League. And he was linked with having an interest to manage us come the summer back in January too.

By the way:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3484567/Newcastle-United-poised-appoint-Rafa-Benitez-manager-encouraging-talks-sack-Steve-McClaren.html

Not sure how reliable this account is and what spanish sources they've found that states it but anything that makes it seem closer to happening is a good thing in my world.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/6f9410e99eaecd00eea1edad8ad4311c.jpg

I'd be delighted if he was appointed on a long contract regardless of relegation.

Would at least fill me with hope that we would come straight back up. That said, I can't see him hanging around if we are in the championship.

Our squad is a steaming pile of shit. If he can get a tune from them it'll be a small miracle.

We've got plenty of good players. It's character, attitude, teamwork and leadership we are missing. All things which a good manager could rectify.

The NUFC Guide to Doing Fake Deals suggests that tomorrow Rafa's camp should be releasing a statement that they haven't had any contact from the club and reports that a deal is close to being done are categorically untrue.

:lol:

We have lots of good players in about 20% of the positions. The back 4 and strike options are a joke. He would have serious work do - regardless those attributes you describe have been missing and they would no doubt improve matters.

Can't argue with that.

Watch how many of our injured players are suddenly available again.

We need 4/5 wins. The chances of this happening with Rafa are significantly higher than with ginge. Just a little worried it might be a little too late if the odd thing goes against us in games.

We need 4/5 wins. The chances of this happening with Rafa are significantly higher than with ginge. Just a little worried it might be a little too late if the odd thing goes against us in games.

Impossible to say really. We've got to look at the table like this now and aim to win it.

Sunderland. P 0, Gd 0, Pts 1

Norwich. P 0, Gd - 4, Pts 0

Newcastle. P 0, Gd - 6, Pts 0

The fact alone that he's a largely well respected manager should give the players a lift. His discipline should also mean no more pathetic effortless performances a la Moussa v Bournemouth