Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest Roger Kint

If they're now seriously looking at this calibre of manager it does make you wonder what they were thinking wanting McClaren after Pardew left.

Charnley must have put a lot of stock in how McClaren performed with FC Twente, pipping teams such as PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord and AZ to the Dutch title with Tiote watching from the bench.

He did well at Middlesbrough by all accounts but has had little if no success anywhere else he's managed.

Definitely a gambler's punt if there ever was one tbh, I don't agree with the reasoning but I can understand it.

Being cheap and clearly a soft touch would be the main reasons we picked him. Christ just look at how this week has gone, any normal man would come out and stick up for himself either to media or at the very least to the club.

Cant wait to see our team next season

krul

janmaat mbemba varane willems

shelvey modric

sissoko wijnaldum bale

benzema

All that wasted fantasy and you keep Krul in :lol:

Forgot to mention that Buffon will be in as GK coach. He'll get Krul back to his best

:lol: As if we're keeping Janmaat.

the rafa effect

Palermo away? :lol:

If they're now seriously looking at this calibre of manager it does make you wonder what they were thinking wanting McClaren after Pardew left.

Charnley must have put a lot of stock in how McClaren performed with FC Twente, pipping teams such as PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord and AZ to the Dutch title with Tiote watching from the bench.

He did well at Middlesbrough by all accounts but has had little if no success anywhere else he's managed.

Definitely a gambler's punt if there ever was one tbh, I don't agree with the reasoning but I can understand it.

Being cheap and clearly a soft touch would be the main reasons we picked him. Christ just look at how this week has gone, any normal man would come out and stick up for himself either to media or at the very least to the club.

I don't disagree at all, was trying to think of the footballing reasons, if any.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't disagree at all, was trying to think of the footballing reasons, if any.

Not sure they ever once crossed Charnleys mind. We were never going to sack Pardew remember, thats how little footballing reasons they need :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

TBH, the footballing reason is that McClaren should've easily been able to get enough out of our squad to finish out of the bottom 3-6 teams.

:thup: That too mind

TBH, the footballing reason is that McClaren should've easily been able to get enough out of our squad to finish out of the bottom 3-6 teams.

I'm surprised at how poorly he's done to be honest, I would have thought he'd have been better than Pardew at least.

He only got sacked from a club one league below us before joining rather than 2 :lol:

I'm surprised at how poorly he's done to be honest, I would have thought he'd have been better than Pardew at least.

He only got sacked from a club one league below us before joining rather than 2 :lol:

The difference is Pardew didn't inherit his squad from Pardew.

Surely if we're actually meeting with him then we have to have given all assurances to his representatives that we're willing to meet his demands. What can go wrong???

http://i1.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article10196937.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS73705659.jpg

Surely if we're actually meeting with him then we have to have given all assurances to his representatives that we're willing to meet his demands. What can go wrong???

Charnley trying to haggle with Rafa ffs :facepalm:

The one thing that would encourage me about his appointment is that he is nobody's fool.  The board are not going to be able to manipulate him and he will not necessarily tow the party line in public.  Everyone is aware of that so you assume they must be as well - in which case you would hope it signals a recognition that they need to change the way they do things.

I also think that he would be good for the Academy etc as he overhauled Liverpool's set-up and that side of things seems to have been badly neglected.