Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It's a shrewd move by Rafa if there is any indication from the club that they are willing to cede on this current structure and give him the title of manager with more autonomy on transfers.

If he keeps us up and gets the job longterm, he'll be in a pretty sweet position. The whole city will be behind him, a boatload of cash will be coming in with the new TV deal, and he'll have a strong say in all footballing matters.

Look at what Leicester have done this year. Not to mention Spurs and even West Ham. There are opportunities to make some impact in this league for sure.

If this comes off kudos to Rafa for having the guts to take the chance. Really hope he goes on to do really well if so.

It's a shrewd move by Rafa if there is any indication from the club that they are willing to cede on this current structure and give him the title of manager with more autonomy on transfers.

If he keeps us up and gets the job longterm, he'll be in a pretty sweet position. The whole city will be behind him, a boatload of cash will be coming in with the new TV deal, and he'll have a strong say in all footballing matters.

Look at what Leicester have done this year. Not to mention Spurs and even West Ham. There are opportunities to make some impact in this league for sure.

If this comes off kudos to Rafa for having the guts to take the chance. Really hope he goes on to do really well if so.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship

:lol: love this forum. Loads of lads sitting in front the computer, dicks in hand.

:pokerface:

:lol: retribution for not supporting your popularity contest

He looks fit. Meaty cock.

My cock throbs.

Cheeky little cock stroke.

No, Mike, my cock.

I would invest in dick socks.

Hey bro, I love me a dick up the shoot.

I would beat off a guy.

I won't believe this until he's actually standing on the touch line. Good things don't happen.

This - hope it happens because he is one of the few that might keep the club up, but I will believe when he is attending a press conference and being announced as manager.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship

This is Newcastle  United  so don't  get your hopes built up too much.  A life time of let downs and disappointments.

If we get Rafa, I'll be strangely be more annoyed at the last 9 years of forced mediocrity that could have ended at any point with the appointment of a good manager and letting him buy some good players.

The higher the hopes, the more epic the disappointment. And knowing this club I keep my hopes at a minimum. Still expecting Alan Curbishley.

No jinxing from me.

Somewhere Gozer is summoning Alan Curbishley from the realm of the dead to seal our doom. Thanks a fucking lot.

Really can't grasp how anyone could dislike Benitez at all. He's a winner and easily world class. Those two things never get included in the criteria for our manager since Bobby.

I really hope this pans out like a fairy tale.

We hold Leicester to a draw at their place or even win.

We smash Sunderland.

We pick up points off our relegation rivals to stay up.

The rest of the games who cares as long as were safe.

Rafa signs long term deal and get's given the rest of the money needed in the summer to fix us.

All of the utter dross in our squad is moved on.

We start next year with the dream that the sky is the limit. Just give it a go and see what happens.

:smitten:

:lol: love this forum. Loads of lads sitting in front the computer, dicks in hand.

:lol: retribution for not supporting your popularity contest

He looks fit. Meaty cock.

My cock throbs.

Cheeky little cock stroke.

No, Mike, my cock.

I would invest in dick socks.

Hey bro, I love me a dick up the shoot.

I would beat off a guy.

Absolutely creased :lol::lol:

:lol: Like, if this is true, I'm starting to wonder what the fuck is wrong with Rafa. We're garbage island if it were on fire.

Throughout this whole process there's been a lot of people immediately shooting it down, which is understandable, but you're not thinking about it clearly.

He wants to get back into work and he wants to do it on the UK, list the premier league teams to yourself and decide whether he's got a chance of getting any of the top jobs, he hasn't.

There's also the fact that he's based in the north of england and happy there. That Chronicle article listed all the reasons he'd want to come here and they all make sense. How long have we been saying that we're a club with massive potential if the right man can unlock it? We can't just change our minds because a good manager agrees.

Finally, you immediate cyncis aren't playing the long game, you're too caught up in the idea that things never really work out for us that you've forgotten that positive things do happen to us sometimes, before the wheels come off in spectacular fashion. For example, another football club paid us for Alan Pardew, then we installed John Carver as manager.

If this comes off kudos to Rafa for having the guts to take the chance.

Without knowing any of the details I have to agree with this tbh. Same if he'd gone to say Villa or something with a view to rescuing them and building long term at a decent club rather than sitting and waiting for the next CL contender job to roll along.

Craig Hope.

Newcastle would give the Spaniard the title of 'manager' if appointed

Most encouraging part of all for me.

It's almost like after actually being relegated then being in 3 successfully worse relegation battles in the last 4 seasons someone, somewhere has thought 'hang about maybe this isn't working'. Almost.

If true and comes off, cant help feeling its a huge step back in the right direction, turning this thing back into a football club. Still a lot of ground to cover like, but a a huge step.