Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Like soemone already mentioned, appointing Rafa and getting rid of this "head coach" bullshit would be a big step in the right direction. Wouldn't be surprised if they fuck it up somehow though.

People saying we're going down regardless of Rafa coming in, just need to look at the upcoming games that we have. 3 home games that could swing safety in our favour - mackems, Swansea (who should be safe) and Pardew's Palace. If we could get 3 wins from here, and sneak a point or two from elsewhere, it doesn't look so bleak.

:lol: Like, if this is true, I'm starting to wonder what the fuck is wrong with Rafa. We're garbage island if it were on fire.

Throughout this whole process there's been a lot of people immediately shooting it down, which is understandable, but you're not thinking about it clearly.

He wants to get back into work and he wants to do it on the UK, list the premier league teams to yourself and decide whether he's got a chance of getting any of the top jobs, he hasn't.

There's also the fact that he's based in the north of england and happy there. That Chronicle article listed all the reasons he'd want to come here and they all make sense. How long have we been saying that we're a club with massive potential if the right man can unlock it? We can't just change our minds because a good manager agrees.

Finally, you immediate cyncis aren't playing the long game, you're too caught up in the idea that things never really work out for us that you've forgotten that positive things do happen to us sometimes, before the wheels come off in spectacular fashion. For example, another football club paid us for Alan Pardew, then we installed John Carver as manager.

I agree, he also stated in that bt interview he was bored, his Mrs wanted him out of the house, add this to being not too far from home and if he can somehow galanvise the players to keep us in the league, are we really worse than Napoli in terms of potential. Obviously he wants assurances that Ashley, Charnley, and Carr leave him the fuck alone to get on it. He could become a Newcastle legend

We need 4/5 wins. The chances of this happening with Rafa are significantly higher than with ginge. Just a little worried it might be a little too late if the odd thing goes against us in games.

Impossible to say really. We've got to look at the table like this now and aim to win it.

Sunderland. P 0, Gd 0, Pts 1

Norwich. P 0, Gd - 4, Pts 0

Newcastle. P 0, Gd - 6, Pts 0

Technically we should be P-1.

I think some of you are getting carried away already.  This is mike ahley's nufc, the wheels can come off at any time.

I'd settle for having some wheels for even just a little bit[emoji38]

I think some of you are getting carried away already.  This is mike ahley's nufc, the wheels can come off at any time.

Yep :lol:

Pretty sure it's nothing but clickbait.

The problem isn't whether Rafa wants to be here as a manager it's what our mob of cretins are able to spring on him to send him running. No faith in the club whatsoever to do the right thing and In 100% certain that all this hinges on TV and therefore the short term. If he does come precedent suggests it'll end in tears. Which is regrettably why I can't get excited.

We've got no bargaining power at the club.  We've got a manager who is clearly a dead man walking and we're staring relegation in the face so any new manager coming in will get what he wants.  I'm sure even the morons running our club can see what is at stake and what we can potentially lose if they screw this one up.  I think we've got a very good chance of getting Benitez.

Guest neesy111

Who's Benitez' assistant?

Cant recall his name but he's recently been appointed at Valencia to help out G Nev.

They started to pick up results as soon as he arrived.

He hasn't been his assistant for 8 years.

We've got no bargaining power at the club.  We've got a manager who is clearly a dead man walking and we're staring relegation in the face so any new manager coming in will get what he wants.  I'm sure even the morons running our club can see what is at stake and what we can potentially lose if they screw this one up.  I think we've got a very good chance of getting Benitez.

I agree - what I can't see is the two meshing together going forward. The guy openly slagged off Alex Ferguson in interview; how long do our muppets take to wind him up?

I agree - what I can't see is the two meshing together going forward. The guy openly slagged off Alex Ferguson in interview; how long do our muppets take to wind him up?

Could you imagine any of our directors standing up to Benitez?  Personally, I can't.

Could you imagine any of our directors standing up to Benitez?  Personally, I can't.

Which is one of the reasons why, I still refuse to believe we'll get him.