Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest Howaythetoon

Of course I trust him but I always felt LFc fans were quite cultish when it came to Rafa and extremely so with Dalglish. Mind LFC fans booed Rafa's team off the park during a draw that sent them top once...

By the way, you can see why LFC fans went a bit OTT in their admiration and love for Rafa.

He rolled up to Anfield and won us the European Cup. What counts as OTT under those circumstances?

Obviously, but it was the whole in Rafa we trust thing and the way RAWK went on at times.

??? You don't trust Rafa?

RAWK is always going off the deep end. None of the Rafa stuff even comes close to the mod-led insanity that went down when Kenny was back in charge.

is that when they were banning people and shit just for questioning it?

Yup. Any thread/post that didn't toe the mods' "Kenny is the one true infallible God" line was deleted. Repeat non-groupthinkers were banned. It was like North fucking Korea.

RAWK had always had a fair number of nutjobs, but that was the asylum management outing themselves as lunatics. Haven't been back since, tbh.

I don't know who it is, but one of the coach's that he brought with him, always seems to go utterly fucking mental whenever we score and or win. It's great to see.

Grim thinking that in 2 weeks time there's a good chance he won't be our manager.

I think there's a better chance that he will still be our manager.

Tbf, any manager that wasn't a total and utter clod and had got the players motivated again would be lavished with praise. It's a measure of the state of things and how bad they were (and may still be, depending on the next couple of weeks or so). The fact that it's actually Rafa, a manager with real pedigree, means we're on cloud 9 and I'm going to enjoy caring this much whilst it lasts.

It sounds so fairweather to say, but I'm gonna be right back in the doldrums of apathy if we go down. If what has preceded it has been a malaise from the support, then Christ knows what's to come. We're at such a pivotal stage in our history. Stay up: we rebuild, maybe even be successful. Go down: curtains. We'll never get a manger of this calibre again whilst Ashley is here. It's an absolute miracle that he came in the first place and I still can't quite believe it's him in the dugout.

Love the fact he wears a suit with a black and white tie and a club lapel pin.

:thup:

It's little things like that. Wearing the club crest when doing interviews, he's representing the club and he's the public face of it. It's being able to silence busy pubs in 3 seconds flat so people can hear him speak, he commands respect and he gets respect. Never loses his cool, always switched on and thinking, knows what he wants and how to achieve it. The bloke is immense and losing him would be a bigger blow than going down, said it before.

Can't see him at West Brom or Crystal Palace like. Despite everything Ashley has done to this club, we're still in a different league in terms of prestige.

I think we are as well, although I'm not sure how much that means these days. I just think if he's willing to come to Newcastle and potentially get relegated, he's willing to spend a season or two with teams like that for an easy life.

Sorry like but nothing about Rafa's career screams out "easy life". He's addicted to football beyond help. He'll want nothing to do with an easy football life. It's the reason he's here in the first place.

I have been reading some of the newspaper articles put up tonight containing the post- match interview with Rafa.

How refreshing it is to hear the manager giving the credit to the players rather than himself.

I'm sure I'm repeating what's already been posted here. Last season I really wasn't arsed if we went down, at times I even wanted it to happen. We had zero hope and nothing to look forward to

Fast forward 12 months and we finally have the opposite. We cannot fuck up having a world class manager and ending up with some chump in charge in the Championship. That should be motivation enough for every one of those players

Tbf, any manager that wasn't a total and utter clod and had got the players motivated again would be lavished with praise. It's a measure of the state of things and how bad they were (and may still be, depending on the next couple of weeks or so). The fact that it's actually Rafa, a manager with real pedigree, means we're on cloud 9 and I'm going to enjoy caring this much whilst it lasts.

It sounds so fairweather to say, but I'm gonna be right back in the doldrums of apathy if we go down. If what has preceded it has been a malaise from the support, then Christ knows what's to come. We're at such a pivotal stage in our history. Stay up: we rebuild, maybe even be successful. Go down: curtains. We'll never get a manger of this calibre again whilst Ashley is here. It's an absolute miracle that he came in the first place and I still can't quite believe it's him in the dugout.

Yorkie, with everything seemingly going fucking lovely for you in your personal life, can you just get on and enjoy this too? :lol:

Can't for one moment understand why he starts with Cisse. He is absolute dogshite.

He does things like that. Make substitutions or start players which make fans like us scratch our head wondering why. But after a few games, you notice it gets result.

There is a reason why he is a world class manager. He sees things most of us dont. And it is all about the system for him, how the different pieces fit together.

Glad to see him getting so much love at Newcastle. I have always wondered he was particularly targeted when he was LFC manager by fans of other clubs. Outside of his managerial acumen, he is a perfectly decent bloke, does a lot of work for charity and is wonderful with the fans.

I think the decision for him to stay or leave will be in the hands of Ashley and Charnley. Given him the resources and show him they are as committed as him and he will stay and build your club. And it is not like Rafa expects 100 million war chest every season. His demands will be reasonable and achievable with the Newcastle budget. As long as Ashley and others give him the impression that they are as committed to the project, he will stay, no doubt about it.

Yorkie, with everything seemingly going fucking lovely for you in your personal life, can you just get on and enjoy this too? :lol:

I'm scared, Kanji.

:lol:

But what Benitez found most pleasing about Newcastle’s performance was not their “fight” - something he believes they have shown plenty of in recent weeks - but the quality he believed they displayed out on the field against Alan Pardew’s men.

We can’t win the game if we just fight,” the 56-year-old explained.

“We have to play football so we tried to move the ball on the floor and you could see the difference with the chances we created and control we had.

“They were still dangerous with second balls but we were much better in possession.”

“We didn’t play well in the first half but it wasn’t an easy game.

“Physically Palace are stronger than us you can see the size of their players so we had to play a bit better with the ball and we improved in the second half."

Gold.

I'm scared, Kanji.

I hear you. Im not bothering with the what if these days. In my mind, we keep up these results and we will stay up. I believe in this world class manager.