Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Listening to Talksport.... National media are desperate for him to go to Everton mind. I'm hoping Everton are stupid and look elsewhere.

on paper it makes a lot of sense, top level manager, lives in the area so much easier on him than commuting to newcastle, plenty of talented players to work with and possible investment from the new owner. Now the Everton fans aren't exactly fond of him but then again it can't be worse than how the chelsea fans acted while he was there

On paper it also means that he´ll encounter a lot of Liverpool fans on a daily basis.. Not sure it would be accepted by them

I'd imagine Rafa knows a realistic list of players he wants to keep, wonder if he has spoken to any of them about it, and whether that has been put forward to Cashley about whether he stays or not.

I'm sure a week or so back a journo said Rafa was sounding out players/staff etc who wanted to stay. I think so anyhoo.

What would be really nice is to keep Rafa and then actually have a decent pre season. I honestly can't remember the last time we've had a pre season that has actually shown any promise.

our more fun seasons in recent times have usually had disasters of pre seasons, losing what 6-1 to leyton orient the banana kit, and the summer before the 5th place season it seemed we were doomed to relegation

Decided to have a look at the honours won by every manager we've had in the Premier League era.  Didn't count things they won with us (lol) or after they left.  I've referred to the English Leagues by their current name, not what they were called when they won them.

Keegan

-First job

Dalgish

-Premier League x4 (two different teams)

-FA Cup x2

-League Cup

Gullit

-FA Cup

Sir Bobby Robson

-FA Cup

-UEFA Cup

-Dutch league x2

-Portuguese league x2

-Portuguese cup

-Spanish cup

-Cup Winners cup

Graeme Souness

-FA Cup

-League Cup

-Turkish Cup

Glenn Roeder

height=100http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/1/17/Long_Tumbleweed.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080515210612[/img]

Jabba the Hutt

-Irish Second Division

-League 2

The Second Coming

-Championship x2

-League 1

Joe Kinnear

-World Cup x5

-Premier League x4

-Champions League x7

-Time Man of the Year x3

Alan Shearer

-First job

Chris Hughton

-First job

Alan Pardew

-Johnstone's Paint Trophy

John Carver

height=100http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/1/17/Long_Tumbleweed.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080515210612[/img]

Steve McClaren

-League Cup

-Dutch League

Rafa Benitez

-Spanish League x2

-UEFA Cup x2 (two different teams)

-FA Cup

-Champions League

-Italian Cup

Only Dalglish and Sir Bobby's achievements come close, but I reckon Benitez's are probably more impressive.

Guest chopey

I can't see why Carr would need to go if Rafa stays, he just reverts to a normal scout, he scouts players and sends reports to Rafa who has the final say.

I can't see why Carr would need to go if Rafa stays, he just reverts to a normal scout, he scouts players and sends reports to Rafa who has the final say.

To be fair, that is exactly what Carr does now. Apart from he goes direct to Charnley who disects his list and chooses the least appropriate signing for the cheapest price.

This is what annoys me so much, he's a failed League 2 manager and we value his opinion more than the man in the dugout. It's stupid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36240333

Rafa video interview at 2:18 "what you want is to be sure that the people love you". Doesn't exactly scream Everton does it?

Sounds to me like him saying the fans have convinced him to stay here but he's waiting for certain assurances from the board before he says he'll stay on which is fair enough.

Got to remember that unlike our last few managers who were just grateful to have the job because no other half decent club would touch them, we have a manager who would be in massive demand if he were to leave so it's only right he takes his time before making the decision he believes is the right one.

Guest neesy111

I haven't seen Ashleys Helicopter go over yet, this could be a long meeting with Rafa.

He didn't use his helicopter today.  Was seen arriving on the Train.

Ashley will absolutely want it done asap to save face. Rafa will take his time. He is a master at mind games and manipulations. Given his history with Gillete and hicks, Ashley will be scared as fuck with him being in charge if they aren't on the same page.