Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Apparently Sissoko has been told if he doesn't show the right attitude he'll rot in the reserves!

Really? Where's this from? :thup:    (yeah i would rather keep Gini of the two as well for more than one reason)

The quote from Rafa contains everything i was told a couple of weeks ago, minus the reserves bit, from someone who lives opposite 'a source close to the club'. No idea who this person is so took it with a pinch of salt until i read that quote. Obviously if a bid comes in that Rafa thinks is too good to turn down then Sissoko will go but if not he needs to change his attitude and get stuck in.

Guest chopey

Not to happy about that coach shaking Rafa's hand with a cup of coffee in the other, to relaxed if you ask me, needs more focus, he's got plenty time to drink coffee after the session.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/joining-forces/203/

This morning's first team training session, we had the opportunity to work with our great group of Newcastle United FC Academy coaches. They watched the preparation and realisation of todays training sessions both on and off the pitch, observing our methods and also working directly with us during the session on the pitch, watching first hand our methods of work and working with them in the field later. Our aim of this collaboration is to combine our methodology, to form a uniform approach in preparing our players at all levels throughout the club. With one singular approach, creating a defined style. I am pleased to say that I found in our 'Academy' coaches, a very motivated group with great enthusiasm to learn and adapt to new methodologies in order to communicate them to the academy players.This is another step towards our objective and to achieve our targets. Come on Toons!

This morning's first team training session, we had the opportunity to work with our great group of Newcastle United FC Academy coaches. They watched the preparation and realisation of todays training sessions both on and off the pitch, observing our methods and also working directly with us during the session on the pitch, watching first hand our methods of work and working with them in the field later. Our aim of this collaboration is to combine our methodology, to form a uniform approach in preparing our players at all levels throughout the club. With one singular approach, creating a defined style. I am pleased to say that I found in our 'Academy' coaches, a very motivated group with great enthusiasm to learn and adapt to new methodologies in order to communicate them to the academy players.This is another step towards our objective and to achieve our targets. Come on Toons!

Reminds me of Pardew that. As soon as we had a few injuries, the academy lads who came in always knew exactly what to do and how we played. Probably the reason why we've brought through so many excellent players the last five years.

Reminds me of Pardew that. As soon as we had a few injuries, the academy lads who came in always knew exactly what to do and how we played. Probably the reason why we've brought through so many excellent players the last five years.

:lol:

Ah God. Rafa is fucking MINT, like.

From his blog on club structure.

"Something that should not be forgotten is the analysis of the Academy. Incorporating local players always gives more affinity with the club and sensibly reduces costs. In Italy and Spain the organisation depends on the ‘sporting director’ and the Coach has little input in to it. Nevertheless, in England it can be the case, as happened at Liverpool in my last year, that the Manager has control over the youth system and can follow a style of play in all age groups and with more continuity. Barcelona’s model is popular right now. There is no better or more evident example.

If there are no players at youth level in the club who have the requisite ability, you have to resort to the transfer market.

The ‘sporting director’ or the Manager has to manage a transfer Budget, and on top of that, take players’ wages in to account. A good scouting system is necessary and essential, although not infallible, and the money available in both cases will affect the market you can access. The income from selling and net spend are more important for the Manager than the Coach. The former tries to consider the future of the club and win at the same time. The latter, the way football is going, only tries to win and cost has less importance."

From his blog on club structure.

"Something that should not be forgotten is the analysis of the Academy. Incorporating local players always gives more affinity with the club and sensibly reduces costs. In Italy and Spain the organisation depends on the ‘sporting director’ and the Coach has little input in to it. Nevertheless, in England it can be the case, as happened at Liverpool in my last year, that the Manager has control over the youth system and can follow a style of play in all age groups and with more continuity. Barcelona’s model is popular right now. There is no better or more evident example.

If there are no players at youth level in the club who have the requisite ability, you have to resort to the transfer market.

The ‘sporting director’ or the Manager has to manage a transfer Budget, and on top of that, take players’ wages in to account. A good scouting system is necessary and essential, although not infallible, and the money available in both cases will affect the market you can access. The income from selling and net spend are more important for the Manager than the Coach. The former tries to consider the future of the club and win at the same time. The latter, the way football is going, only tries to win and cost has less importance."

I watched one of the reserve games against us when he was at Liverpool and it was obvious that the younger players were being drilled into the same methods as the first team. Rafa became a bit of a legend at Liverpool but suffered maybe from not being able to translate cup success into a premier title. He ended up leaving during the Liverpool ownership battle so politics clearly played a part.