Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

So typically do all of the managers for the different age groups within the club just do their own thing? That's a bit rubbish isn't it. Quite surprising.

There should be constant communication you would've thought but then again I don't think it's wise to go too far the other way either where all of the teams play the exact same way as the first team

From his blog on club structure.

"Something that should not be forgotten is the analysis of the Academy. Incorporating local players always gives more affinity with the club and sensibly reduces costs. In Italy and Spain the organisation depends on the ‘sporting director’ and the Coach has little input in to it. Nevertheless, in England it can be the case, as happened at Liverpool in my last year, that the Manager has control over the youth system and can follow a style of play in all age groups and with more continuity. Barcelona’s model is popular right now. There is no better or more evident example.

If there are no players at youth level in the club who have the requisite ability, you have to resort to the transfer market.

The ‘sporting director’ or the Manager has to manage a transfer Budget, and on top of that, take players’ wages in to account. A good scouting system is necessary and essential, although not infallible, and the money available in both cases will affect the market you can access. The income from selling and net spend are more important for the Manager than the Coach. The former tries to consider the future of the club and win at the same time. The latter, the way football is going, only tries to win and cost has less importance."

Thing is, as youth players go etc is the problem in the scouting, the recruitment or (as many suspect) the development ?

All coming together beautifully at present under this man. A top class manager calling the shots, good signings, good sales, and just generally making fundamental changes to improve the club all over the place.

It's been way too long in coming, but it feels fucking fantastic.

All coming together beautifully at present under this man. A top class manager calling the shots, good signings, good sales, and just generally making fundamental changes to improve the club all over the place.

It's been way too long in coming, but it feels f***ing fantastic.

Fair people would say that we've deserved the good bits so far :lol: :lol: Surreal..

Fucking night and day with this guy in the seat. The fuck were all those previous assholes doing during the offseason? Jesus Christ. Sell a player, buy a player. It sounds like day one shit but it's got us near fucking tears.

f***ing night and day with this guy in the seat. The f*** were all those previous assholes doing during the offseason? Jesus Christ. Sell a player, buy a player. It sounds like day one s*** but it's got us near f***ing tears.

Fucker does simple stuff like brings in more staff to deal with injuries and it feels like he's god on earth.

Genuinely amazed at how long it took for us to get signings in previously. Had come to accept that it was just the nature of the transfer market. Rafa has just blown that out of the water.

f***ing night and day with this guy in the seat. The f*** were all those previous assholes doing during the offseason? Jesus Christ. Sell a player, buy a player. It sounds like day one s*** but it's got us near f***ing tears.

Fucker does simple stuff like brings in more staff to deal with injuries and it feels like he's god on earth.

:lol: I mean, players are picking up injuries, and he wasn't like "We was unlucky." or "*lick*" or " :yao: " He's all "Well let's get to the bottom of the problem, figure out the why and what we can do about it." and they improved the training pitch.

Competence looks like magic when you've been besieged by absolute frauds for nearly a fucking decade.

It's such a false economy employing a shit manager, as has been Ashley's choice for years. Any money you're saving on wages or coaches or facilities you're losing ten times more on player values plummeting, players brought in to bail a crap manager out and ultimately relegation. We've all been telling the cunt this for years like, it's nice that it's finally happening but also shows how big a farce it's been previously and it was needless.

What a nightmare it would have been if Benitez didn't stay as a manager, we are going to get a structured set up and players actually wanting to come to us because of him. Who else available would've been able to rebuild this team the way Benitez has the potential to do?

I've been excited and thrilled by every signing we've made this summer, including the most recent one in Hayden. They might not turn out to be good enough, we can't say for certain. But this compared to that summer where Colback, Cabella and Riviere came in I was like :anguish: with every single incoming. They were never going to fit/be good enough and we still had Pardew anyway. Miserable.

Genuinely enjoying life as a Newcastle fan atm and it's the first time I can say that in years. I couldn't be more grateful to Rafa, like.

I've been excited and thrilled by every signing we've made this summer, including the most recent one in Hayden. They might not turn out to be good enough, we can't say for certain. But this compared to that summer where Colback, Cabella and Riviere came in I was like :anguish: with every single incoming. They were never going to fit/be good enough and we still had Pardew anyway. Miserable.

Genuinely enjoying life as a Newcastle fan atm and it's the first time I can say that in years. I couldn't be more grateful to Rafa, like.

O0

Same here! And so much belief in Rafa that i feel almost certain that every player will learn from him and become better than they were. If they want to become better and have the right attitude that is.