Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Between 45 mins and 65 mins, it is the first time in Rafa's reign that I was genuinely frustrated by him...he took 10 mins too long with the subs in my opinion.

That being said, the subs were spot on (in personnel), and in general we certainly deserved to win. Just frustrating to have to go through that poor 20-25mins that nearly cost us the game.

Completely agree with this.

Mitrovic grabbed him and picked him up.

Seriously, though, Rafa's a lucky boy tonight. Easily the best football I've seen us play in a long time until 1-0, at which point he waved us back 15 yards and it completely facilitated Norwich's route back into the game. We looked so much better with 2 strikers on the pitch I can't tell you.

Your boycott over Ronnie?

It's the first game I've been to in a year and the second since Pardew's first 0-3 against Sunlun. The club's vaguely on the right track now so I'll go to the odd one when I can unless that changes.

I was only watching on that crappy live stream.  But I tend to agree with your original point.  We did the same towards the end against Villa.  But I'm not sure how much of that was by design?

I don't care if I so arrogant.  But this league isn't really very good.  It feels like we are letting teams back into games, that we should win with ease.  Letting them grow into the game, get some momentum and it ends up quieting the fans down, or worse, it makes them restless.  I know Rafa can't help the fact that strikers miss easy chances.  But we do seem to go a bit cagey after getting a goal. 

Can't really say it's not working so far.  As we have been seeing out a lot of games fairly comfortably, after getting a lead.  But it could end up being costly in the long run and I do sometimes wish we would annihilate teams, when we are clearly so much better than them. 

Still early days and we started off in a similar vein last time.  Seem to remember a lot of scrappy, close wins at the start.  Before going mental in the second half of the season, when we started destroying teams. 

One thing I learned last night, idiots like me shouldn't question Rafa, have faith and trust the man who's forgotten more about the game than I will ever know. He'll know how to fix the issues we've had over the first 10 games (and we have had some, it would be wrong to say we haven't). Got to trust him.

He's a good football psychologist.

He's adapting to his surroundings and he will soon get how to get the most of the the home crowds, to stop that niggling anxiety you get at SJP which seriously effects the team, with the style of play he has us playing.

I'm worried that he evidently seems to have decided that Diame and Gayle is what he wants as the front two and he's going to just persist with it, regardless of the form/quality of Diame or the fact that they don't really link up well at all.

Not really fair that Perez and Mitro had one game together and looked dynamite only to both be dropped.

Really don't like our approach to games, but can't complain as long as we're winning.

Nah you can for that one. Can't say with our squad thats the best we could have done today, glad we won but made far too hard work of it. Nvm hopefully a one off in terms of performance.