Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Nah, he will want more than that like. If that is his aim he will no longer have the required ambition that makes him prior to us one of the best in the world.

Realism isn't a weakness, he came here to build something and that's what he's doing.

Neesy, there's not a single defense of Ashley at all in the comparisons to the struggling former PL sides in this division. Your argument seems solely focused on we have spent ton of money and have highest wages so therefore we should be free and clear and promoted. No idea why you find the need to complain about every little thing all the damn time, my man. Relax.

I'm complaining about how people think Rafa is some king which you described him as earlier.  He's doing about as good of a job I'd expect others with similar resources available to him to do.

Btw, I've never liked the bloke so I'll always will be in the negative camp with him.  I won't change that opinion but having an opposite opinion on here is never totally respected as has been seen many a time.

He's the king for me, he's rebuilding our club and getting us back to the PL. you've never liked him :lol: fair enough so you're always going to be negative as fuck then. Thanks for clearing that up.

He's doing about as good of a job I'd expect others with similar resources available to him to do.

what others neesy?  name some managers you think could have performed a similar job to rafa considering the absolute rot throughout the club

he's CL calibre, imo without a manager of that standard we'd have been lucky with playoffs

Rafa will be gone if he doesn't get money to spend that will give us a much better team than merely being relegation battlers

He'll get money to spend but being realistic only two other clubs will be building from a base of the Championship.  The others will have Premiership teams and they're likely to have more money than us to spend.

That's still a lot for how many games were played at that time. Also, you didn't mention anything about who was managing us in your original post

It's less than 1/3 of a point a game, hardly massive.

You are also ignoring that it wasn't all down to our improvement that we finished so far ahead of them. They got 1 point between when Rafa was appointed and the end of the season. They were miles worse than us

With Rafa under the right conditions you are looking at a manager capable of winning the Premier League, remember that!

Agreed. If Ashley opened up the wallet and gave it a go with all that fucking money of his we'd be challenging the top end of the table and some over time with Rafa in control. No doubt whatsoever.

Guest Howaythetoon

Neesy, there's not a single defense of Ashley at all in the comparisons to the struggling former PL sides in this division. Your argument seems solely focused on we have spent ton of money and have highest wages so therefore we should be free and clear and promoted. No idea why you find the need to complain about every little thing all the damn time, my man. Relax.

I'm complaining about how people think Rafa is some king which you described him as earlier.  He's doing about as good of a job I'd expect others with similar resources available to him to do.

Btw, I've never liked the bloke so I'll always will be in the negative camp with him.  I won't change that opinion but having an opposite opinion on here is never totally respected as has been seen many a time.

I'm the opposite. I'm of the opinion that if you put say Bruce in charge of us we would walk the league and then stumble the following season whereas with Rafa its all about the long tern and that he will eventually deliver success, provided he's backed of course.

I don't know why anyone would dislike Rafa btw, he's a really personable person and generally likeable.

Sick of hearing this s****. We lost something like 20 players since he came in, he wasnt building a team he building an entire squad.

Exactly and he wasn't building for the Premiership, he was building to get us out of the league that we're in and he looks like achieving that.

He's doing about as good of a job I'd expect others with similar resources available to him to do.

what others neesy?  name some managers you think could have performed a similar job to rafa considering the absolute rot throughout the club

he's CL calibre, imo without a manager of that standard we'd have been lucky with playoffs

Our manager who's part of the elite managers group who met in Paris or something at the beginning of the season but he's no Monk or Wagner :lol:

You are also ignoring that it wasn't all down to our improvement that we finished so far ahead of them. They got 1 point between when Rafa was appointed and the end of the season. They were miles worse than us

If we hadn't brought Rafa in we might have matched that Villa points haul at the end of the season.

It gets overlooked but he let quite a few players just leave who I think many managers would have forced to stay. Anyone who wasn't 100% on board was either loaned out or sold - it was all about building a functional squad who want to play with each other and for the club. He clearly gets it and I cannot fathom how any Newcastle fan could hold a grudge against him to this point.

"Never liked him."

:facepalm:

Guest Howaythetoon

Not many would have had the ability, knowledge and understanding required to start re-connecting the club with the fan base and people of Newcastle.

This was arguably the biggest thorn in our promotion campaign if you like. Connect the fans to the club and its half the battle. Rafa has done wonders on that front. No-one else would have brought me back to SJP. I attended 4 games in 7 years or something prior to Rafa. I've matched that this season!

It gets overlooked but he let quite a few players just leave who I think many managers would have forced to stay. Anyone who wasn't 100% on board was either loaned out or sold - it was all about building a functional squad who want to play with each other and for the club. He clearly gets it and I cannot fathom how any Newcastle fan could hold a grudge against him to this point.

Especially after the s**** we've had to put up with.  We have the best manager we could have hoped for, in fact we've got a better manager than most of us could have wished for.

Guest neesy111

Guessing different people have different viewpoints on the expectations of manager with their resources etc.

For example, I've met 2 Liverpool fans today who don't rate him that highly despite what happened in Istanbul.

Sick of hearing this s****. We lost something like 20 players since he came in, he wasnt building a team he building an entire squad.

Exactly and he wasn't building for the Premiership, he was building to get us out of the league that we're in and he looks like achieving that.

Don't have the the exact number but sure it was around 25 that left. 50 million to rebuild that and be certainties to go up if nothing to be scoffed at.

If we hadn't brought Rafa in we might have matched that Villa points haul at the end of the season.

We wouldn't have but anyway that's not the argument. The argument is that we were not almost as bad as them last season and we were starting from a higher base this season. For example 7 of our starting lineup today were here last season while Villa had 3 in their starting lineup that were here last season

Guessing different people have different viewpoints on the expectations of manager with their resources etc.

For example, I've met 2 Liverpool fans today who don't rate him that highly despite what happened in Istanbul.

Yet I speak with Liverpool fans are a regular basis who absolutely adore him.

We wouldn't have but anyway that's not the argument. The argument is that we were not almost as bad as them last season and we were starting from a higher base this season. For example 7 of our starting lineup today were here last season while Villa had 3 in their starting lineup that were here last season

We were 1 place above them in the league and our head to head was played 2 drew 2.

Guest neesy111

Don't have the the exact number but sure it was around 25 that left. 50 million to rebuild that and be certainties to go up if nothing to be scoffed at.

Yet 7 of the 11 started today were here last season.  Tells me the core of the squad that got us down are going to get is up.

Yet 7 of the 11 started today were here last season.  Tells me the core of the squad that got us down are going to get is up.

Yes, go on.....