Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Sick of hearing this s****. We lost something like 20 players since he came in, he wasnt building a team he building an entire squad.

Exactly and he wasn't building for the Premiership, he was building to get us out of the league that we're in and he looks like achieving that.

Don't have the the exact number but sure it was around 25 that left. 50 million to rebuild that and be certainties to go up if nothing to be scoffed at.

Yet 7 of the 11 started today were here last season.  Tells me the core of the squad that got us down are going to get is up.

Yes, go on.....

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

It gets overlooked but he let quite a few players just leave who I think many managers would have forced to stay. Anyone who wasn't 100% on board was either loaned out or sold - it was all about building a functional squad who want to play with each other and for the club. He clearly gets it and I cannot fathom how any Newcastle fan could hold a grudge against him to this point.

Guessing different people have different viewpoints on the expectations of manager with their resources etc.

For example, I've met 2 Liverpool fans today who don't rate him that highly despite what happened in Istanbul.

I work there a lot and many would swap him for Klopp tomorrow if they could, he is more than just their KK to us like! They reason that under their current owners and how they spend today he would win them the league.

We wouldn't have but anyway that's not the argument. The argument is that we were not almost as bad as them last season and we were starting from a higher base this season. For example 7 of our starting lineup today were here last season while Villa had 3 in their starting lineup that were here last season

We were 1 place above them in the league and our head to head was played 2 drew 2.

1 place and 8 points with a game in hand. Head to head doesn't really matter, we were better than Sunderland most of the time during their winning run over us

You are also ignoring that it wasn't all down to our improvement that we finished so far ahead of them. They got 1 point between when Rafa was appointed and the end of the season. They were miles worse than us

If we hadn't brought Rafa in we might have matched that Villa points haul at the end of the season.

We wouldn't have but anyway that's not the argument. The argument is that we were not almost as bad as them last season and we were starting from a higher base this season. For example 7 of our starting lineup today were here last season while Villa had 3 in their starting lineup that were here last season

Villa gave up pretty early on like, they went through 2 managers and played a lot of the season without one. They won 1 point (against us) in about 15 games or something stupid like that to end the season.

They were awful, but still had a few decent players and a better shell than many in the Championship with enough money to do something. Di Matteo was horrible though, Bruce finally looks to have sorted them out. If we'd gotten someone like Di Matteo we'd have been fucked.

1 place and 8 points with a game in hand. Head to head doesn't really matter, we were better than Sunderland most of the time during their winning run over us

We'll just have to disagree, we were a total shambles.

Guest neesy111

Forget it, I'm clearly in a very small minority.

I just think he's being lauded for a job that he's basically just hitting targets for considering the resources he has.  My main worry is momentum, for teams getting promoted it's huge.

It gets overlooked but he let quite a few players just leave who I think many managers would have forced to stay. Anyone who wasn't 100% on board was either loaned out or sold - it was all about building a functional squad who want to play with each other and for the club. He clearly gets it and I cannot fathom how any Newcastle fan could hold a grudge against him to this point.

Guessing different people have different viewpoints on the expectations of manager with their resources etc.

For example, I've met 2 Liverpool fans today who don't rate him that highly despite what happened in Istanbul.

Yet I speak with Liverpool fans are a regular basis who absolutely adore him.

My perspective is that those Liverpool fans who don't rate a man who won them a CL and has personally done so much for that club and it's supporters are odd human beings.

Guest neesy111

I work there a lot and many would swap him for Klopp tomorrow if they could, he is more than just their KK to us like! They reason that under their current owners and how they spend today he would win them the league.

That's some utter shit there.

Klopp has a £20m profit on transfers and Rodgers hardly spent massive amounts considering the money they recouped.

We'll just have to disagree, we were a total shambles.

Aye we were of course a shambles. Villa were unbelievably bad though

Guest Howaythetoon

That's some utter s*** there.

Klopp has a £20m profit on transfers and Rodgers hardly spent massive amounts considering the money they recouped.

I'm talking about no interference from owners when it comes to spend and transfers. Klopp can basically buy whoever he wants if the money is there. Rafa had to fight tooth and nail for Toress for example. Anyway I'm just going off Liverpool fans. They woud have Rafa back tomorrow, many at the expense of Klopp. Me personally, Klopp, KK and Ancelotti are probably the only people I'd have here at NUFC ahead of Rafa.

Neesy, there's not a single defense of Ashley at all in the comparisons to the struggling former PL sides in this division. Your argument seems solely focused on we have spent ton of money and have highest wages so therefore we should be free and clear and promoted. No idea why you find the need to complain about every little thing all the damn time, my man. Relax.

I'm complaining about how people think Rafa is some king which you described him as earlier.  He's doing about as good of a job I'd expect others with similar resources available to him to do.

Btw, I've never liked the bloke so I'll always will be in the negative camp with him.  I won't change that opinion but having an opposite opinion on here is never totally respected as has been seen many a time.

Which others do you think would do as good of a job?

Neesy, there's not a single defense of Ashley at all in the comparisons to the struggling former PL sides in this division. Your argument seems solely focused on we have spent ton of money and have highest wages so therefore we should be free and clear and promoted. No idea why you find the need to complain about every little thing all the damn time, my man. Relax.

I'm complaining about how people think Rafa is some king which you described him as earlier.  He's doing about as good of a job I'd expect others with similar resources available to him to do.

Btw, I've never liked the bloke so I'll always will be in the negative camp with him.  I won't change that opinion but having an opposite opinion on here is never totally respected as has been seen many a time.

"Never liked him."

:facepalm:

Aye, that's absurd.

Come on, Nessy. You must be able to recognise how daft that is?

Hilarious today.

Coaches from both benches trying to fight each other with the 4th official trying to break it up and Rafa standing at the edge of his area totally concentrating on the game and coaching the players totalling ignoring the fracas behind him.

Didn't we let 17 international go and make a 30millin profit? (Can anyone find Paully's post on this)

He's done a tremendous job let's not forget where we were when he took us over and what had gone before him.

Guest neesy111

"Never liked him."

Aye, that's absurd.

I agree it's daft but it's a personal point of view.  I won't change it for the faceless people of Newcastle Online.

I agree he's the best manager for us when we get promoted but his stubbornness is something i cant like at all and is something i detest in people in general.

Benitez couldn't possibly win this season. Take us up and it's only what's expected, little praise due. Fail to do so and it's an abomination.

Personally I'm just glad we're top of the league and looking very much like going up. That is ALL that matters. Yes better football would be nice, but it's completely irrelevant to the task at hand. Next year will be all about the results as well, especially if Ashley fucks about on transfer activity again. We just need to stay up and get stability, and build from there.

Oh, and the cunts in the media that were so certain we needed a British manager with 'experience of this league' can go fuck themselves.

"Never liked him."

Aye, that's absurd.

I agree it's daft but it's a personal point of view.  I won't change it for the faceless people of Newcastle Online.

I agree he's the best manager for us when we get promoted but his stubbornness is something i cant like at all and is something i detest in people in general.

You must hate Guardiola and the rest of the ideological entrenched managers as well I take it?

Guest Howaythetoon

I hate our football and the tactics in general, but I love Rafa. I say hate, hate is such a strong word and shouldn't put it like that. I don't like how we play or our tactics one bit. Rafa though, again, I love him.

Benitez couldn't possibly win this season. Take us up and it's only what's expected, little praise due. Fail to do so and it's an abomination.

Personally I'm just glad we're top of the league and looking very much like going up. That is ALL that matters. Yes better football would be nice, but it's completely irrelevant to the task at hand. Next year will be all about the results as well, especially if Ashley f***s about on transfer activity again. We just need to stay up and get stability, and build from there.

Oh, and the c***s in the media that were so certain we needed a British manager with 'experience of this league' can go f*** themselves.

Guest Howaythetoon

Neesy most successful people are highly stubborn. They must have an unshakable belief in their methods otherwise no-one else would buy into them and therefore render them, well useless. The thing with Rafa is that his methods work so its two-fold. He is obviously going to believe in it and so are his players. That's why I get the man despite not quite liking his methods because they work. I'm a businessman and its all about what fits and works and not about pleasing everyone, especially in the fickle world of football. You cannot knock him basically.

It's not how I dream of us playing (ie old school 4-4-2/4-3-3 with pace and flare and a complete disregard to defending) but it's not boring. I think our ugly performances have come with a combination of a lack of quality, teams giving their all against us, and his instructions being abandoned when it isn't going well. Although he plays a rigid structure he's not going to have us playing hoofball every game, he wants us to control most games.

Guest Howaythetoon

We played some pretty good football at times in the first half of the season. Seems to have been forgotten by many.

I watched his Valencia side tear Liverpool apart with amazing football. I watched his Liverpool destroy Real Madrid with amazing football. I watched them put 5 past us at SJP. Rafa's sides can play good football. But it requires the right players and good players.