Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It's clear things haven't gone exactly to plan, but it seems he has made adjustments and is determined to push forward and move with different targets.

We are so lucky man. Really really appreciate this guy. Seems like he is really fighting to make things happen.

Aye, imagine Pardew, that would have been an acceptance then an excuse for being shit for years down the line.

Micky Welch‏ @m1cvv  3m3 minutes ago

More

Replying to @m1cvv @ninesportsbar

"Normally I don't show my emotions, (sic) but for me, the fans, the city, it's BLACK AND WHITE, let's stick together"

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ever had one of those relationship where at the start everything is perfect and you know your falling in love with them but you also know that some day the relationship will end and you will be heartbroken?

This is that.

Ever had one of those relationship where at the start everything is perfect and you know your falling in love with them but you also know that some day the relationship will end and you will be heartbroken?

This is that.

Especially when it reads like Charnley has just been dicking him about, hopefully learning his lesson

Guest firetotheworks

Micky Welch‏ @m1cvv  3m3 minutes ago

More

Replying to @m1cvv @ninesportsbar

"Normally I don't show my emotions, (sic) but for me, the fans, the city, it's BLACK AND WHITE, let's stick together"

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Guest chopey

This is that.

Still the best fuck tho

This is that.

Don't hockle and it'll be fine.

Seems to be annoyed at the state of football more than anything.

Absolutely.

The game has gone beyond daft this summer. Glad the gaffer realises this and hasn't joined the legions of frothers.

That comment about the city  :love:

Ever had one of those relationship where at the start everything is perfect and you know your falling in love with them but you also know that some day you will pure hockle on her fanny and lick it up the relationship will end and you will be heartbroken?

This is that.

Guest awaymag

We just have to make St James a fortress of noise and no surrender.  As Rafa said, in this together, let tear into the premiership and show what they missed last season.

Haway the Toons!

Guest chopey

Seems to be annoyed at the state of football more than anything.

Absolutely.

The game has gone beyond daft this summer. Glad the gaffer realises this and hasn't joined the legions of frothers.

That comment about the city  :love:

:D :D

Ever had one of those relationship where at the start everything is perfect and you know your falling in love with them but you also know that some day you will pure hockle on her fanny and lick it up the relationship will end and you will be heartbroken?

This is that.

:lol:

Rafa taking about the atmosphere is really interesting.  I'd like think it's not out of the realms of possibility the atmosphere next season at home games could be it's best for donkeys years.  SJP is far better when we are classed as the underdogs, when the cards are stacked against us.

The atmosphere definitely suffered last season when we were expected to roll teams over, previous PL years it was s*** because we were a zombie club.  Top of the football book of cliches but when that place is rocking it must help the players massively, absolutely class when SJP is a bear pit of noise

What's Craig Hope going to write about now that Rafa has confirmed he's happy and 100% committed?!

Same as Ryder, '10 things we have learned from Rafa's interview' article, followed by '10 things we have learnt from the 10 things we have learnt article'.

"The transfer window is too long, we wanted to do business early, we finished in May, I had my targets straight away"

"We have to move players out, that means we're losing targets, we've lost our first targets, it's not easy"

"You will not believe the commission, the wages, I cannot attract the players I want"

"I wasn't happy at the start of this window, I'm happy NOW, you have to analyse things propley, we weren't doing things the way I wanted"

Doesn't make the media stories untrue then. That's pretty much exactly what they were saying.

Very positive stuff on the whole though. Rafa. :love:

If he's happy then I'm happy. I genuinely think a lot of people underestimated the exponential rise in fees and it's caught us, as a club, out. We've had to readjust things but the signings of Manquillo and Merino point to him bringing in the players he's wanted, maybe not as first choice but definitely players he wants. Bring in another 2 or 3 that he's targeted and we'll be ok/comfortable this season. Next season we need to make inroads and push on to compete with clubs that we want to overhaul.

Sounds like a good night though, very interesting. :bluf:

Didn't think I could like him more but tonight was great. He is such an honest bloke. Good sense of humour as well. If he isn't mentioned in the same breath as Robson and Keegan 10 years from now I will be shocked.

Guest chopey

If he's happy then I'm happy. I genuinely think a lot of people underestimated the exponential rise in fees and it's caught us, as a club, out. We've had to readjust things but the signings of Manquillo and Merino point to him bringing in the players he's wanted, maybe not as first choice but definitely players he wants. Bring in another 2 or 3 that he's targeted and we'll be ok/comfortable this season. Next season we need to make inroads and push on to compete with clubs that we want to overhaul.

Sounds like a good night though, very interesting. :bluf:

Sounds like Rafa has fallen for us in a big way and is giving Ashley a lot of rope, he has worked out the potential of the club and the city, we will never be a big fish but we could piss off a lot of the top clubs and I honestly think Rafa gets off on that.

"The transfer window is too long, we wanted to do business early, we finished in May, I had my targets straight away"

"We have to move players out, that means we're losing targets, we've lost our first targets, it's not easy"

"You will not believe the commission, the wages, I cannot attract the players I want"

"I wasn't happy at the start of this window, I'm happy NOW, you have to analyse things propley, we weren't doing things the way I wanted"

Doesn't make the media stories untrue then. That's pretty much exactly what they were saying.

Very positive stuff on the whole though. Rafa. :love:

I think the whole 'Rafa on the brink' stuff was hyperbole mind. He was unhappy clearly but I don't think he'd have walked unless it got to the end of August and nothing was happening. He seems very aware of how tough things are and how the market has changed.