Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Well he did have a joke saying it isn't his tactics that are always flawed it is the players attitude . I may have heard that wrong though .

Ha ha he did!

I can't believe how open he was mind!

Aye, you'd swear most people just turn up to the match so they can moan and have a very cynical 'i told you so' attitude. An absolute shadow of the 'loyalist football supporters the world has ever had' self-acclaimed title.

Fact is, it will be considerably tougher this coming season. I feel we could be lacking goals as I don't think Gayle/Mitrovic/Perez have the ability to score consistently at this level, so home games will be absolutely crucial. I also think that at home there will be plenty of 'sitting in' as such as a team, letting the oppo. have the ball and trying to break us down in our half; our crowd can get very agitated over this sort of thing (I can understand why, sort of), but everyone needs to understand that its for a good reason. The fact that we have the likes of Diame, Colback, Dummet still in the squad shows that we are a couple of injuries/suspensions away from a really challenging season.

However, I think Rafa's conservative methods will suit us more in the PL rather than the Championship. I think with the creativity of de Jong, and the additional pace of Murphy we will be more of a threat on the counter attack. Hopefully Lejeune will give us a bit more at set-pieces, and I'm sure will be better in the build up phase than Lascelles.

Whatever your thoughts, we have no better man for the job. We have a man that so many clubs in the country would have in a heartbeat. People need to get into the mindset of not being moaning cunts, and unify with Rafa and the players, as we know they all want the best for the club. Go to the match, sing your lungs out, and give as much abuse to the oppo as is physically possible. St. James' needs to be a fortress! As said, hopefully the singing section gets people going.

What a man, though! :) Totally agree with Dan in that in 10 years it really should be the case that he's mentioned in the same breath as our all time greats.

Very honest , which you'd prefer . We will sign the player we need that the ones we want , pretty much summed it all up for me .

something lost in translation?

No , basically he's saying we cant sign all the players we want because of todays market . He used an example of if you need a winger who can run , thats the criteria you look for . So we wont always sign our number 1 priority players but we will sign players that will do a job and want to play for us.

Also doesnt help I had a typo in there .

He's desperate to win a trophy with us - he's turned down players because of attitude - the ones who don't really want to play for us - Jacob Murphy bring the complete opposite to that type!

Very honest , which you'd prefer . We will sign the player we need that the ones we want , pretty much summed it all up for me .

something lost in translation?

No , basically he's saying we cant sign all the players we want because of todays market . He used an example of if you need a winger who can run , thats the criteria you look for . So we wont always sign our number 1 priority players but we will sign players that will do a job and want to play for us.

Also doesnt help I had a typo in there .

so that was a than?- got it.

I'm not sure the atmosphere will be a problem this year. Last season lots of people expected us to basically steamroller every team we played at SJP based on our team, Rafa, 09/10 etc and obviously it didn't always play out that way. Won't be the same this season.

I'm not sure the atmosphere will be a problem this year. Last season lots of people expected us to basically steamroller every team we played at SJP based on our team, Rafa, 09/10 etc and obviously it didn't always play out that way. Won't be the same this season.

Yeah I think it will be more forgiving as we are underdogs in every game

Guest firetotheworks

I think a lot of it is because of the football becoming about us being consumers rather than supporters. Obviously I'm not speaking about Rafa here, but claubs can't have it both ways. They can't treat people like customers and then expect them to also be supporters. If tickets were cheaper, people wouldn't have it in the back of their mind that they've paid £600+ to be served slop. It's exactly why Keegan had it right when he said that football is about entertainment for supporters and it's a two way thing. The fans will give its support as much as it can feel it can, but it's pretty uninspiring when you're watching people who are rich beyond all of your wildest dreams not deliver.

It's a self-feeding problem as well, the worse it gets, the even worse it gets, but hopefully with Rafa things will improve and that growth will move in a positive direction with better football into better support, feeding into better football again.

There are still those that'll moan at absolutely fucking anything though, and single players out early on. 

As always it depends how the team performs. If we're doing well there's 50,000 creating a good atmosphere, if not it's 50,000 groans.

Day-tripping, happy clappy wongaloids are the least of our worries.

Has it always been this way? i honestly don't remember much moaning when i was younger ( at least in comparison to cheers) but maybe i'm romanticizing the good times. :lol:

More modern football tbh. Atmosphere last year was better than under Souness, Roeder etc. Winning matches makes the punters happy.

I thought the atmosphere was shite last year at times. The worst I can remember, not in a "everyone whinging all the time" sense but people losing their rag over really minor things. Maybe it was an issue of expectations, but there were some games I was embarrassed by some of our supporters.

Guest firetotheworks

Sad but true.

I believe the correct pronunciation is 'Sad buh trruuuuuuaaaaaaaGGGH'

last year was apalling. It was either be ahead in 10 minutes, or the moans and groans started.

I thought atmosphere was canny in home games vs Leeds, Birmingham in the league and Norwich. All the others were dead as far as I can remember.