Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Erm... I don't think they will. Offer either of those sides 17th this season and they'd take it IMO.

I honestly think they wouldn't, their spending over the last few years, their managerial appointments and their upwardly ambition all suggest otherwise.

Eh?  Brighton have been very well run and have built a side primed to go up but they've hardly spent anything.  Huddersfield before last season were languishing near the bottom of the Championship.  They'd snap you arms and legs off for 17th on GD  :lol:

Another point you've got to take into account with Huddersfield is they went up by borrowing 75% of their first team. Those players all went back to their parent clubs in the summer, so naturally they had to replace them, and they have done with a bunch of signings, some of which are of dubious quality in terms of the PL.

They are well managed by Wagner and will spring the odd surprise here and there but anything above 18th is a huge feat for them, truth is they were a long way behind us in the end last season and got through the playoffs without winning a game.

Brighton seem to be follow the Burnley plan of a few years back, almost expecting relegation so not taking any financial risks. 

I'd be amazed if this team didn't outperform the McClaren team like.

That team was relegated by 2 points.

Yay, lets scrape survival with Rafa, 53,000 fans and 100m + TV revenue....

For what its worth I feel this team as is would struggle. I don't think we would go down and that's purely because of who our manager is but fuck me, what a life to live just surviving.

I guarantee Brighton and Huddersfield will be hoping to achieve more than that.

Out of curiosity how much TV money did we get last season in comparison to the other Premier League clubs? It's our first season back in the league. I'd take survival, (although I think we'll do a bit better than just survive) as long as it means we push on next year with more of the TV deal after we've covered our losses from the championship season.

Not long ago Rafa said something along the lines of "We have enough to do what we need to do" or similar. Surely he doesn't think what we've done so far is enough, so there's a chance he's raging like a bull :lol: :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rafa-benitez-set-newcastle-showdown-10937564

Rafa Benitez is heading for a fresh showdown with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley over the latest transfer impasse.

The Spanish coach is furious Newcastle have failed to land Stoke striker Joselu after a £12million bid was turned down.

The Newcastle boss is desperate to land a striker before they return to the Premier League at home to Spurs next weekend.

Benitez is also frustrated that Ashley and chief executive Lee Charnley are refusing to enter the race for former winger Andros Townsend.

Not sure whether it's more tedious it's true or more tedious if it's not.

It's just lazy. "Townsend free to leave Palace, after they turn down £10m." He's not exactly free to leave if they're turning down £10m then are they? :lol:

Only part of this that can hold any weight is the fact the Express & Mirror both get a smiliar story at around the same time. Could be Rafa's people leaking stuff to press again (which is a fucking joke that he has to do this to get people above him to do stuff) but other than that, I'm just dismissing it.

Not being funny like but the papers haven't been that wrong this summer tbh, most of the stuff they have said r.e Rafa has been all but confirmed by people in the know and the man himself.

Its coming

Apart from they've always attached Resignation rumours to these stories, which were wrong.