Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest firetotheworks

Phew. There'll be absolute hell on if Rafa leaves like.

Sure wouldn't want to be in Ashley's shoes at the next home game when the fans pay him to fill his ground, buy his overpriced beer, sing songs about him and possibly even indulge in some mild grumbling before leaving early to beat the traffic. Watch your back Mike!

Fuck off blaming the fans, man. It's Mike, not the supporters. Remember when Pardew blamed the fans? It's a cunt's trick.

Most wrongly blaming the fans are subscribers of SKY which funds Mike far far more than any turnstile.

2 games into the season and already the internet turns on fellow fans, a good percentage of whom have been going for decades. Love owt like this.

I gave up going 3 years ago because I couldn't stomach putting a single penny more in Mike Ashley's pocket. If everyone else had done the same, he'd be a distant memory.

An absolute martyr.

Keep doing what you're doing mate, cling on to Mike. He'll change. He's promised.

Mate you gave up 7 years into his tenure and you're cracking on like you're Che Guevara. Everyone has their own reasons for doing what they do, I'll never criticise any fan for going or packing it in.

Good for you, you do you. We have completely different ideas of what it is to be a fan, you obviously think there's more nobility in watching the club die than walking away in an attempt to save it.

Did you not go to any matches last season like? Bit tired of being told we're not doing fandom correctly like. You can do one with that patter.

Likewise. It's a two way thing. Your default stance is always to criticise anything or anyone that rocks the boat, and defend anyone who doesn't to the enth degree, so I dunno where you've got this whole 'wont criticise ANYONE' stuff, because you've criticised plenty. Fans can do what they want, but if you had any experience of protesting, you'd know that it's the people you defend to a fault who are the aggressors.

I went to one cup game last year that my work got for free, so no money for Ashley from me. Yours sincerely, Thich Quang Duc.

I am more confused that Rafa has to pay compensation (quoted at 6m) if he wants to leave.  We all believe that Rafa can walk freely when Ashley gone back to his words, and that should be in the contract.  Strangely this is not the case.

Rafa NEVER asked for more budget money. he only was told this is what you can spend without player sales--get on with it. Then he does get on with it, finds and makes deals, then the board/owners don't sanction the deal.

From the RAWK forum ^^^^.

In our case .... enter Justin Barnes timely arrival, back in December, ahead of the January window.

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa clearly expected to have money to spend in January and more than he has been given this summer, and in both instances for us to move for his targets quickly and get them sorted.

It's that aspect of the situation that justifies his quotes in the press, it's bloody obvious that the goalposts have been moved behind the scenes, again.

Fucking nuts that are people saying he should keep shtum because apparently him describing the water is the cause of drowning.

Rafa clearly expected to have money to spend in January and more than he has been given this summer, and in both instances for us to move for his targets quickly and get them sorted.

It's that aspect of the situation that justifies his quotes in the press, it's bloody obvious that the goalposts have been moved behind the scenes, again.

Fucking nuts that are people saying he should keep shtum because apparently him describing the water is the cause of drowning.

It's cognitive dissonance - making reality more palletablr or being seen to be someone who's more pragmatic.

Guest Howaythetoon

They love him at Liverpool and my mate holds him personally responsible for putting fans wise to their previous owners who we all now know were no good for Liverpool. He's a football man is Rafa, the fans, club and team come before everything and that's the exact opposite of how Ashley sees things. You do wonder whether Rafa was used simply to get the club back up...

Ashley is such an idiot. He really doesn't know what he has in Rafa and NUFC - jewels of world football. It will all go wrong sooner rather than later and us the fans will be left with an empty shell of a club again yo-yoing between divisions. Basically what we were under the McKeags and co only dressed in a sharp suit this time.

I think Rafa is right to speak out, but you can't deny that his words do have negative effects on the players and he really have to manage it very carefully.  If it is just pure PR war then fine.  If it leads to Rafa losing the dressing room then it's the nail on the coffin. 

Before someone to jump in and say fuck off how dare you criticise Rafa and not the fat cunt for this, please kindly read my first sentence again.  Thank you.

Guest Howaythetoon

I will criticise Rafa for tactics, team selections, bad buys etc. basically normal footballing issues, but I will never criticise him for taking on the cunts at our club weather its behind closed doors or via the media. He's very good at the politics side of things and isn't a pushover or someone easily messed with. At the moment he's bigger than Ashley and NUFC because he will always be a wanted manager and will always succeed at football. Shame it wont be here at a club he clearly loves and wants to be here and do well with...

I think Rafa is right to speak out, but you can't deny that his words do have negative effects on the players and he really have to manage it very carefully.  If it is just pure PR war then fine.  If it leads to Rafa losing the dressing room then it's the nail on the coffin. 

Before someone to jump in and say fuck off how dare you criticise Rafa and not the fat cunt for this, please kindly read my first sentence again.  Thank you.

As much a negative effect as not resolving the bonus situation (again)? As much a negative effect as not getting the investment in the squad they probably believed would be coming? Do they want to be scrapping around at the bottom of the league all season or do they want to be part of an ambitious club on the up and trying to win cups? What about the new players who were convinced to come here and will have had other offers, do you think they're happy about what's happened?

I know footballers are full of themselves but I highly doubt they are happy with the prospect of the manager they all seem to love and respect being lied to and fucked over, potentially leading to a long, hard season resulting in relegation.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't let that wind you up. It's such a tiny tiny amount who are that thick. The vast majority want Rafa to shout even louder and humiliate the fucker (MA).

I mentioned a while back it smacks of Keegan's time and one person (I forget who) said it really isn't like that. It really really is. Hope Rafa also takes them to court, if he goes, and wins.

It's exactly like that time with Keegan. I was going to post before about whether people would say the same if it was Keegan doing this, but remembered that there were a couple, just like this time. Should probably just accept that there'll always be a minority.

Before someone to jump in and say f*** off how dare you criticise Rafa and not the fat c*** for this, please kindly read my first sentence again.  Thank you.

As much a negative effect as not resolving the bonus situation (again)? As much a negative effect as not getting the investment in the squad they probably believed would be coming? Do they want to be scrapping around at the bottom of the league all season or do they want to be part of an ambitious club on the up and trying to win cups? What about the new players who were convinced to come here and will have had other offers, do you think they're happy about what's happened?

I know footballers are full of themselves but I highly doubt they are happy with the prospect of the manager they all seem to love and respect being lied to and f***ed over, potentially leading to a long, hard season resulting in relegation.

Yours are the best possible reaction from the players.  Mine is the worst possible reaction which the players think Rafa has absolutely no confidence on them by publicly stating the squad is shit and not good enough for EPL.  That's why I say Rafa has to manage this carefully.  The only way for us to survive now is Rafa has absolutely full backing from the players and the fans, you should agree with this right?

The crowd reaction today will decide our fate this season.

People are 100% entitled to discuss whatever they want on here as long as it doesn't descend into outright name-calling and abuse, but it's pretty depressing to see us turning on one another yet again, only months after Rafa's commitment to stay with backing from Ashley (yeah, I know) united virtually every single fan of this club. We were on the up, and only one person is responsible for destroying that momentum through his lies.

Lots of people want to go to games no matter what because they feel the club is theirs, not any one owner's and that's perfectly understandable. Personally I think an empty SJP would send a huge, indelible message given the unprecedented and continuing explosion of the Premier League but it's patently absolutely impossible. Even in our darkest days it couldn't be effectively organised and agreed upon. Ashley knows this and exploits it.

Mike Ashley is an utter cunt and doesn't have a fucking clue what he's sitting on here. He still doesn't get it even with someone like Benitez as manager and everyone behind him, and he never ever has. We won't be able to move on until he sells, dies or somehow does something he's never done before and inexplicably starts understanding football.

Guest The Little Waster

Before someone to jump in and say f*** off how dare you criticise Rafa and not the fat c*** for this, please kindly read my first sentence again.  Thank you.

I know footballers are full of themselves but I highly doubt they are happy with the prospect of the manager they all seem to love and respect being lied to and f***ed over, potentially leading to a long, hard season resulting in relegation.

Yours are the best possible reaction from the players.  Mine is the worst possible reaction which the players think Rafa has absolutely no confidence on them by publicly stating the squad is s*** and not good enough for EPL.  That's why I say Rafa has to manage this carefully.  The only way for us to survive now is Rafa has absolutely full backing from the players and the fans, you should agree with this right?

The crowd reaction today will decide our fate this season.

And thats the level of ambition ... merely to survive ... well fuck that attitude right in the eye

People are 100% entitled to discuss whatever they want on here as long as it doesn't descend into outright name-calling and abuse, but it's pretty depressing to see us turning on one another yet again, only months after Rafa's commitment to stay with backing from Ashley (yeah, I know) united virtually every single fan of this club. We were on the up, and only one person is responsible for destroying that momentum through his lies.

Lots of people want to go to games no matter what because they feel the club is theirs, not any one owner's and that's perfectly understandable. Personally I think an empty SJP would send a huge, indelible message given the unprecedented and continuing explosion of the Premier League but it's patently absolutely impossible. Even in our darkest days it couldn't be effectively organised and agreed upon. Ashley knows this and exploits it.

Mike Ashley is an utter c*** and doesn't have a f***ing clue what he's sitting on here. He still doesn't get it even with someone like Benitez as manager and everyone behind him, and he never ever has. We won't be able to move on until he sells, dies or somehow does something he's never done before and inexplicably starts understanding football.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Mike Ashley is an utter cunt and doesn't have a fucking clue what he's sitting on here. He still doesn't get it even with someone like Benitez as manager and everyone behind him, and he never ever has. We won't be able to move on until he sells, dies or somehow does something he's never done before and inexplicably starts understanding football.

:thup:

Don't let that wind you up. It's such a tiny tiny amount who are that thick. The vast majority want Rafa to shout even louder and humiliate the fucker (MA).

I mentioned a while back it smacks of Keegan's time and one person (I forget who) said it really isn't like that. It really really is. Hope Rafa also takes them to court, if he goes, and wins.

It's exactly like that time with Keegan. I was going to post before about whether people would say the same if it was Keegan doing this, but remembered that there were a couple, just like this time. Should probably just accept that there'll always be a minority.

There was more than just a couple, felt at times like the majority thought that Keegan was in the wrong and clearly didn't love the club because he didn't stick it out.

:thup: Happy to leave it at that.

:clap:

Guest neesy111

Was it the Cardiff game where the walkout was planned, then the Supporters Trust waded in trying to make it theirs and change the minute?

Aye.