Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

After 5 years of Pardew talking utter shite I much prefer this tbh. We all know what's going on so why not say it?

I doubt the players are under any disillusions of where they are tbh, if they have anything about them they'll be trying to show Benitez that they're good enough to fill the void.

Personally I think the players who are worth having here will be 100% behind Rafa, I doubt his quotes will have affected them at all. Quality players want the team to improve. The reason we've had a bad start is because we don't have many quality players, not because Rafa's been critical of our signing efforts.

All we can do is show support as always. If anything when things aren't at their best, that's the time you can build real connection with the side & with the manager. It's easy to support people when its all going superbly. If ever there was a time to reshow our support for Rafa, belief in him & the side its now.

All we can do is show support as always. If anything when things aren't at their best, that's the time you can build real connection with the side & with the manager. It's easy to support people when its all going superbly. If ever there was a time to reshow our support for Rafa, belief in him & the side its now.

I agree but the it isn't necessarily about support based on whether things are going well or not. For me it's about backing my own and rafas principles

I have no clue how i feel about boycotting or just going out there and supporting the team so we don't get relegated again or something like that...I don't want to deal with relegation again if Mike Ashley will continue to sit on the club. I've tried to look at every angle of a new investor coming in and I'm convinced there's no real answer there, it's all about Mike Ashley shutting the fuck up and getting the fuck out.

All I know is that nothing changes here until Mike Ashley is gone. Hopefully that happens before Rafa gets fed up and walks away from our club.

People are 100% entitled to discuss whatever they want on here as long as it doesn't descend into outright name-calling and abuse, but it's pretty depressing to see us turning on one another yet again, only months after Rafa's commitment to stay with backing from Ashley (yeah, I know) united virtually every single fan of this club. We were on the up, and only one person is responsible for destroying that momentum through his lies.

Lots of people want to go to games no matter what because they feel the club is theirs, not any one owner's and that's perfectly understandable. Personally I think an empty SJP would send a huge, indelible message given the unprecedented and continuing explosion of the Premier League but it's patently absolutely impossible. Even in our darkest days it couldn't be effectively organised and agreed upon. Ashley knows this and exploits it.

Mike Ashley is an utter c*** and doesn't have a f***ing clue what he's sitting on here. He still doesn't get it even with someone like Benitez as manager and everyone behind him, and he never ever has. We won't be able to move on until he sells, dies or somehow does something he's never done before and inexplicably starts understanding football.

:clap:

:clap:

Exactly. Well put Dave.

I gave up my season ticket over 5 years ago now, was damn hard at first but I still think it is one of the only ways we can have a massive influence on getting rid, or making it clear to the despicable twat that he is not wanted and we won't tolerate it anymore.

I understand those who can't or won't give up (well those who do it out of a sense of loyalty and not mass stupidity or ignorance) but hate to see us all turning on each other...again.

Only one winner when that happens.

The sense of despair this time is bigger due simply to Rafa.

He gave us a fleeting glimpse of hope again, of what we could become. The fact that has been destroyed by the cretinous cunt who owns us must surely be the nail in many more peoples coffins, in respect to keep ploughing money to him I can only hope.

When the inevitable happens I hope a torrent of hate, abuse and vilification is aimed at Ashley et al...

I have no clue how i feel about boycotting or just going out there and supporting the team so we don't get relegated again or something like that...I don't want to deal with relegation again if Mike Ashley will continue to sit on the club. I've tried to look at every angle of a new investor coming in and I'm convinced there's no real answer there, it's all about Mike Ashley shutting the f*** up and getting the f*** out.

All I know is that nothing changes here until Mike Ashley is gone. Hopefully that happens before Rafa gets fed up and walks away from our club.

The one thing I'm becoming convinced of is he won't sell us just because we've gone down and stayed down. I think he'd prefer to let the club rot away than sell us at a loss, which he would need to if we were in the Championship or lower.

I think our best, and maybe only, chance of getting rid of him is to stay in the Premier League and hope someone really rich decides to make a go of it.

I disagree - it's the times when he has seen the risk to his investment from relegation that has HAS allowed investment.

It's because he lets it worry him. Bouncing back up twice is almost the worst thing we could have done. If we'd stayed down in 2009 he'd be gone by now.

I disagree - it's the times when he has seen the risk to his investment from relegation that has HAS allowed investment.

It's because he lets it worry him. Bouncing back up twice is almost the worst thing we could have done. If we'd stayed down in 2009 he'd be gone by now.

Yeah, he's invested to get us in the Premier League or keep us there when desperate because he wants the PL money, the exposure, the free advertising. He's in a different place now than he was in 2009 and I just find it unlikely he'd sell us at a loss. I think the only way you can think he would is if you believe this is all out of incompetence. I think there's a lot of that but there's also a level of vindictiveness and spite.

I think his only exit path is to profit massively from a sale, otherwise we'll drift along aimlessly for the foreseeable future.

Garth Crooks takes on it:

If the Newcastle owner isn't going to support Rafa Benitez's ambitions, what's Rafa Benitez doing there? He's one of the best managers in the world at one of the the biggest clubs in the world in Newcastle. Not since Kevin Keegan has there been anything at Newcastle United and Rafa can bring that, Sir Bobby Robson tinkered with it, but Keegan was sensational and Rafa can do that for them. If the owner is not going to support Rafa then Rafa should buzz off.

If the Newcastle owner isn't going to support Rafa Benitez's ambitions, what's Rafa Benitez doing there? He's one of the best managers in the world at one of the the biggest clubs in the world in Newcastle. Not since Kevin Keegan has there been anything at Newcastle United and Rafa can bring that, Sir Bobby Robson tinkered with it, but Keegan was sensational and Rafa can do that for them. If the owner is not going to support Rafa then Rafa should buzz off.

At least someone seems to get it in the media.

Merson and McInally on Soccer Saturday are saying the same now, that Rafa's too good for this shit show basically.