Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I've said it a few times over the last few weeks, but although Ashley is clearly the main issue here, Rafa is dealing with this horribly in public.

He knows how much the supporters interest in our club hinge on him and his morale, and displaying this negativity constantly in public is massively undermining the start to the season.

If Rafa tries to pacify everyone and ignore his morals to suck up to "Mike" then he just turns into Pardew

No ones asking him to do any of those things. Personally I'd be content with him just outwardly getting on with his job and keeping the negativity behind closed doors, rather than dragging the fans and players morale down in public.

Obviously that doesn't solve the main issue, but Rafa (as much as I love him and the hope he represents) is clearly making a mess of the start of the season, both on the pitch and off it. I don't see how that's even in debate.

The point is if he doesn't say he's unhappy etc then people will assume it's him who's not bringing in players or bringing in the wrong ones. How this has got past anyone I'll never know, especially when we hated one manager for half a decade for sucking up to Ashley and other managers have been treated badly from him behind closed doors.

I should be amazed that some supporters blame Rafa over this, but I'm not. Sad times. They are getting the NUFC they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is dumbfounding. But hey ho. As long as they can go to the match on a Saturday and drink 10 pints in Sam Jacks crack on :thup:

I look forward to it in League 1

I should be amazed that some supporters blame Rafa over this, but I'm not. Sad times. They are getting the NUFC they deserve.

It really is dumbfounding. But hey ho. As long as they can go to the match on a Saturday and drink 10 pints in Sam Jacks crack on :thup:

I'd imagine the Gallowgate will do everything they can to convince Rafa to stay today, while getting slagged off with nonsensical shot like this on the internet.

Guest The Little Waster

I've said it a few times over the last few weeks, but although Ashley is clearly the main issue here, Rafa is dealing with this horribly in public.

He knows how much the supporters interest in our club hinge on him and his morale, and displaying this negativity constantly in public is massively undermining the start to the season.

If Rafa tries to pacify everyone and ignore his morals to suck up to "Mike" then he just turns into Pardew

No ones asking him to do any of those things. Personally I'd be content with him just outwardly getting on with his job and keeping the negativity behind closed doors, rather than dragging the fans and players morale down in public.

Obviously that doesn't solve the main issue, but Rafa (as much as I love him and the hope he represents) is clearly making a mess of the start of the season, both on the pitch and off it. I don't see how that's even in debate.

The point is if he doesn't say he's unhappy etc then people will assume it's him who's not bringing in players or bringing in the wrong ones. <b>How this has got past anyone I'll never know</b>, especially when we hated one manager for half a decade for sucking up to Ashley and other managers have been treated badly from him behind closed doors.

I'm not thick. I know why he's said the things he has over the summer. I just disagree with the sheer amount of negativity he is peddling. Surely he could have said 3 or 4 weeks ago that "we're working on a tight budget and have to do the best we can with that budget... maybe it wasn't what I hoped for, but we need to keep working".

But instead, every 4 or 5 days we have new quotes. You can not tell me that it hasn't affected the team?

So effectivley you want Rafa to just suck it up and keep quoet ... No manager worthy of the name would do that ... A managers only power is to cajole complain and hint that he would walk if not given the resiurces he asked for and was promised ... Its standard operating procedure and for previous historical examples see Keegan , Cloughie etc

No one's "blaming Rafa for this"... everyone knows where the problem lies. But you can't say he's handled the situation well, surely?

Perhaps not. But many seemingly are taking Ashley's side (mainly not on here, but on twitter, fb etc).

Yes, he might not have handled it well. But as a supporter, it shows us all transparency as to what is going on. I remember the fury with what happened to Keegan - but we were all left in the cold until he walked.

At least with this, it gives supporters a chance to keep him and for them to point the finger at the man that has unequivocally manipulated this situation.

I'd imagine the Gallowgate will do everything they can to convince Rafa to stay today, while getting slagged off with nonsensical shot like this on the internet.

Touched a nerve, have I?

Rafa clearly expected to have money to spend in January and more than he has been given this summer, and in both instances for us to move for his targets quickly and get them sorted.

It's that aspect of the situation that justifies his quotes in the press, it's bloody obvious that the goalposts have been moved behind the scenes, again.

Rafa clearly expected to have money to spend in January and more than he has been given this summer, and in both instances for us to move for his targets quickly and get them sorted.

It's that aspect of the situation that justifies his quotes in the press, it's bloody obvious that the goalposts have been moved behind the scenes, again.

"The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United."

"The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United."

Can't believe it keeps needing to be quoted. People are thick as fuck. Ashley is a proven liar. He, and his minions, are the only ones to blame here.

<b>It's that aspect of the situation that justifies his quotes in the press, it's bloody obvious that the goalposts have been moved behind the scenes, again.</b>

One or two quotes were necessary to bring it to the surface. I'm not sure what constant, weekly negative soundbites are achieving at all.

What do you want him to do? Ignore the questions in his press conferences that he is obliged to attend and just sit there in silence? Someone of his standing and credibility isn't going to just smile and say everything is fine when it isn't and not saying anything at all would be an every bigger press story and circus.

<b>It's that aspect of the situation that justifies his quotes in the press, it's bloody obvious that the goalposts have been moved behind the scenes, again.</b>

One or two quotes were necessary to bring it to the surface. I'm not sure what constant, weekly negative soundbites are achieving at all.

One or two quotes allows Ashley to get off lightly and continue doing what he's doing without feeling the need to do an interview with Sky Sports on the eve of the season in an effort to deflect flak.

Rafa has clearly been trying to pressure them into keeping up their side of the bargain and it hasn't worked, because Rafa has the best interests of the club at heart and they don't give a shit.

I've no issue with him employing whatever tactics he likes to get what was promised, this idea that he needs to just sit there and be quiet is bizarre. Part of the appeal with Benitez when he joined was that he wouldn't stand for any of their shit.

What do you want him to do? Ignore the questions in his press conferences that he is obliged to attend and just sit there in silence? Someone of his standing and credibility isn't going to just smile and say everything is fine when it isn't and not saying anything at all would be an every bigger press story and circus.

The only reason he is constantly getting asked questions is because he has fed them with so many quotes, surely?

Well, no. It's because of many things including the fact the the squad is shit, we've hardly signed any quality, the transfer window is still open and Mike Ashley did a stupid interview on Sky Sports.

It just feels so negative now. Ashley and his bunch of merry c***s are the only ones to blame for this s***. Expecting to survive on a shoestring budget is his f***ing way.

A shoestring does a very acceptable job of keeping the shoe in the place you want it to be.

Phew. There'll be absolute hell on if Rafa leaves like.

Sure wouldn't want to be in Ashley's shoes at the next home game when the fans pay him to fill his ground, buy his overpriced beer, sing songs about him and possibly even indulge in some mild grumbling before leaving early to beat the traffic. Watch your back Mike!

Fuck off blaming the fans, man. It's Mike, not the supporters. Remember when Pardew blamed the fans? It's a cunt's trick.

Most wrongly blaming the fans are subscribers of SKY which funds Mike far far more than any turnstile.

2 games into the season and already the internet turns on fellow fans, a good percentage of whom have been going for decades. Love owt like this.

I gave up going 3 years ago because I couldn't stomach putting a single penny more in Mike Ashley's pocket. If everyone else had done the same, he'd be a distant memory.

An absolute martyr.

Keep doing what you're doing mate, cling on to Mike. He'll change. He's promised.

If nobody turned up to games Mike would still be here collecting the huge amounts of TV money. Money which dwarves the gate receipts. "Distant memory" :lol: He's a money man and cares not one bit about the fans.

Your opinion, I disagree. Keep stuffing your money into his pockets. See how much it helps.

I'm not :pow:

I'm just sticking up for the distasteful slagging off of the common man suffering a rich man's lies.

Just keep ignoring the SKY thing, though.

The sky thing is a strawman really though. As other fans of other clubs are going to keep buying sky, casual fans etc. A lot of newcastle fans giving up sky isn't going to affect him even remotely. Sky won't lose money. They don't agree PL deals for rights based on our fans. They would not like an empty SJP tho as for advertisers it taints the brand

We're talking about the money from sky being more important to Mike than gate receipts. Not the running of sky itself. Even if the ground was empty the only people it would hurt would be the fans. Sky money would still keep coming, regardless.

Don't get me wrong, an empty ground would look awesome...but slagging off the fans is just not right. It's distasteful and playing out the rich man's rhetoric.

I know but I'm saying it wouldn't, he would demonstrably lose money. Thats a fact. Full ground plus sky money or not full ground plus sky money. He will be losing money. Then concessions lose money, sponsors don't want to know. Sky doesn't want to show our games, How dog shit company gets less exposure and looks worse.

Blaming the fans isn't the issue i'm on about really, I do not agree that an empty ground only hurts us

Correct.

I don't know how anyone can blame someone for not producing the desired results when not being given the tools they need and have asked for to do the job.

Mind blowing how anyone can blame Rafa here.

It feels like we have negative quotes before every game. It's no wonder the players play like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Rafa is right, but I think it's time he saved it for when he leaves.

He'll have signed an NDA which will last at least a year.

a quote from 'RAWK' about Carragher's recent comments:

Its the same snide s**** Carra has been peddling for years in is column for the mail. Rafa causes problems at clubs because he calls out the shithouses in suits who work at boardroom level

and this is worth reading too.

Rafa, like he did at Liverpool, can wrap a player up with a low transfer fee and wages, take it to the board/owner and they fcuk it up.

THIS is what pisses Rafa off.

Rafa NEVER asked for more budget money. he only was told this is what you can spend without player sales--get on with it. Then he does get on with it, finds and makes deals, then the board/owners don't sanction the deal.

Carra and others need to get on with it themselves. The transfer window is still open. Why expect a manager to stop looking for transfers just because the League started. A bit precious from pundits. They love the Jim White transfer window slams shut but then tell a manager to forget about transfers when the window is still open.

Has Carra told Jurgen ( and the other 18 League managers)  the same? No double standard there then isn't there?