Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Phew. There'll be absolute hell on if Rafa leaves like.

Sure wouldn't want to be in Ashley's shoes at the next home game when the fans pay him to fill his ground, buy his overpriced beer, sing songs about him and possibly even indulge in some mild grumbling before leaving early to beat the traffic. Watch your back Mike!

f*** off blaming the fans, man. It's Mike, not the supporters. Remember when Pardew blamed the fans? It's a c***'s trick.

Most wrongly blaming the fans are subscribers of SKY which funds Mike far far more than any turnstile.

2 games into the season and already the internet turns on fellow fans, a good percentage of whom have been going for decades. Love owt like this.

I gave up going 3 years ago because I couldn't stomach putting a single penny more in Mike Ashley's pocket. If everyone else had done the same, he'd be a distant memory.

An absolute martyr.

Keep doing what you're doing mate, cling on to Mike. He'll change. He's promised.

If nobody turned up to games Mike would still be here collecting the huge amounts of TV money. Money which dwarves the gate receipts. "Distant memory" :lol: He's a money man and cares not one bit about the fans.

Your opinion, I disagree. Keep stuffing your money into his pockets. See how much it helps.

Emily Davison - Threw herself infront of the King's horse.

Rosa Parks - refused to give up her seat for a white man

Wullie - watches the matches on Sky instead

Snide streams actually. Fight the power.

:lol:

Not having a go here whatsoever Wullie, but what are your thoughts on the "never give up on supporting your club, he is one man" Keegan quote?

Nice sentiment, doesn't work in reality. He's the most ruthless of businessmen, and allowing sentiment to cloud judgement is what he thrives on, why he bought Newcastle, because he knows the supporters will fill his pockets come hell or high water.

:thup: Everyone has their own opinions, we may disagree with them or whatever but ultimately, the vast majority are on this forum because we love Newcastle United, and united is what the entire fanbase is going to have to be tomorrow to show how much Rafa means to us, or to be able to drive that fat cockney cunt out of the club if Rafa leaves. Maybe I'm getting naivety getting the better of me but I reckon the fans will be more united in a protest and/or organising protests against Ashley if it happens. I know I will, no idea why anyone else shouldn't either; I've only known an Ashley owned-NUFC and I'll fight as much as I can for change. If I can recognise that, why can't at least 25,000 others?

Sure wouldn't want to be in Ashley's shoes at the next home game when the fans pay him to fill his ground, buy his overpriced beer, sing songs about him and possibly even indulge in some mild grumbling before leaving early to beat the traffic. Watch your back Mike!

Fuck off blaming the fans, man. It's Mike, not the supporters. Remember when Pardew blamed the fans? It's a cunt's trick.

Most wrongly blaming the fans are subscribers of SKY which funds Mike far far more than any turnstile.

2 games into the season and already the internet turns on fellow fans, a good percentage of whom have been going for decades. Love owt like this.

I gave up going 3 years ago because I couldn't stomach putting a single penny more in Mike Ashley's pocket. If everyone else had done the same, he'd be a distant memory.

An absolute martyr.

Keep doing what you're doing mate, cling on to Mike. He'll change. He's promised.

If nobody turned up to games Mike would still be here collecting the huge amounts of TV money. Money which dwarves the gate receipts. "Distant memory" :lol: He's a money man and cares not one bit about the fans.

Your opinion, I disagree. Keep stuffing your money into his pockets. See how much it helps.

I'm not :pow:

I'm just sticking up for the distasteful slagging off of the common man suffering a rich man's lies.

Just keep ignoring the SKY thing, though.

The sky thing is a strawman really though. As other fans of other clubs are going to keep buying sky, casual fans etc. A lot of newcastle fans giving up sky isn't going to affect him even remotely. Sky won't lose money. They don't agree PL deals for rights based on our fans. They would not like an empty SJP tho as for advertisers it taints the brand

We're talking about the money from sky being more important to Mike than gate receipts. Not the running of sky itself. Even if the ground was empty the only people it would hurt would be the fans. Sky money would still keep coming, regardless.

Don't get me wrong, an empty ground would look awesome...but slagging off the fans is just not right. It's distasteful and playing out the rich man's rhetoric.

It's not just gate receipts. I don't think we'd have got out of the Championship with an empty ground for a start. Fans staying away instills a terrible negativity round the place, and that's what the club needs long-term. Tough love. It needs to get to a point where he says "this isn't going to improve and it's too much hassle for no gain so I'm out".

Fuck off blaming the fans, man. It's Mike, not the supporters. Remember when Pardew blamed the fans? It's a cunt's trick.

An absolute martyr.

I'm not :pow:

I'm just sticking up for the distasteful slagging off of the common man suffering a rich man's lies.

Just keep ignoring the SKY thing, though.

The sky thing is a strawman really though. As other fans of other clubs are going to keep buying sky, casual fans etc. A lot of newcastle fans giving up sky isn't going to affect him even remotely. Sky won't lose money. They don't agree PL deals for rights based on our fans. They would not like an empty SJP tho as for advertisers it taints the brand

We're talking about the money from sky being more important to Mike than gate receipts. Not the running of sky itself. Even if the ground was empty the only people it would hurt would be the fans. Sky money would still keep coming, regardless.

Don't get me wrong, an empty ground would look awesome...but slagging off the fans is just not right. It's distasteful and playing out the rich man's rhetoric.

He also has a fucking massive Sports Direct store on Northumberland Street like :lol:

He pretty much rid into town like fucking Papa Lazarou, taking people wives 'n that.

If Rafa goes then season ticket holders should start a class action lawsuit. We were promised to be competitive in some form and to back Rafa when we bought season tickets. Rafa leaving is a clear indication that this did not happen and therefor we have been sold a service that was not as described.

Ashley's agenda:

1. Keep club in Premier League by spending the least possible to advertise tat emporium for free.

2. Troll fans by destroying icons, history of club, future potential and dangle a bit of hope in front of them before purposefully sabotaging it for the lolz.

I'm not even sure if it's necessarily in that order but he is 100% trolling us and enjoying it.

Sky and fans of some other clubs also particularly enjoy agenda point 2 because 'stupid jawdees' once dared to challenge for the title.

What an absolute shitshow.

Ashley's agenda:

1. Keep club in Premier League by spending the least possible to advertise tat emporium for free.

2. Troll fans by destroying icons, history of club, future potential and dangle a bit of hope in front of them before purposefully sabotaging it for the lolz.

I'm not even sure if it's necessarily in that order but he is 100% trolling us and enjoying it.

Sky and fans of some other clubs also particularly enjoy agenda point 2 because 'stupid jawdees' once dared to challenge for the title.

What an absolute shitshow.

Absolutely this.

Full quote isn't as bad.

“I am signing the players that I can, not the players that I want. It doesn’t mean that I don’t like the players that I have, because I do.”

Who is he talking about though? Joselu? Merino?

His fourth or fifth choice squad players not his first or second choice first team players. Could see this coming weeks ago in fact let's be honest it's been heading this way since the January transfer window.

Guest firetotheworks

Nothing us bedwetters didn't know already tbh. It's been clear for a while that he's off.

It's just a personal thing, but when it happens, if the fans aren't completely behind Ashley Out and willing to do what it takes to get that loathsome scumbag out of our club, I hope I'll be able to just let it all go and put my heart into something else, because the club won't just be a the zombie it is now, it'll be dead.

Nothing us bedwetters didn't know already tbh. It's been clear for a while that he's off.

It's just a personal thing, but when it happens, if the fans aren't completely behind Ashley Out and willing to do what it takes to get that loathsome scumbag out of our club, I hope I'll be able to just let it all go and put my heart into something else, because the club won't just be a the zombie it is now, it'll be dead.

Absolutely this.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38]

Jesus wept. STILL? Even now, fans paying for us to be fucked over aren't vindicating him fucking us over?

We're doomed precisely because no one wants to do a thing. Those fans are fucking complicit, there's no other way to describe it, fuck them.

Guest firetotheworks

An absolute martyr.

Mate you gave up 7 years into his tenure and you're cracking on like you're Che Guevara. Everyone has their own reasons for doing what they do, I'll never criticise any fan for going or packing it in.

Good for you, you do you. We have completely different ideas of what it is to be a fan, you obviously think there's more nobility in watching the club die than walking away in an attempt to save it.

Guest firetotheworks

An absolute martyr.

If nobody turned up to games Mike would still be here collecting the huge amounts of TV money. Money which dwarves the gate receipts. "Distant memory" [emoji38] He's a money man and cares not one bit about the fans.

Okay, so that being the case, why not just not go and not give him your money if it'll make no difference regardless?

Why all the pessimism tonight? The quotes don't look THAT bad, certainly not quitting quotes.

Those quotes are eerily reminiscent of Keegan's random post-match interview at some point during his second tenure here when he suddenly seemed very despondent and talked about how without money noone can challenge for anything. Stark contrast to all the positivity coming from him in every interview when he first returned and prior to that moment, when he was constantly talking about the potential of the club/city/etc.

At the time I thought Keegan was prematurely throwing the towel in because he couldn't spend his way to a trophy challenge immediately, especially since at the time he gave the brief interview there was no real hint of anything being wrong. Looking back it's obvious that that was probably the moment had realized what Ashley and his cronies were up to.

Guest firetotheworks

f*** off blaming the fans, man. It's Mike, not the supporters. Remember when Pardew blamed the fans? It's a c***'s trick.

An absolute martyr.

If nobody turned up to games Mike would still be here collecting the huge amounts of TV money. Money which dwarves the gate receipts. "Distant memory" [emoji38] He's a money man and cares not one bit about the fans.

[emoji38]

Not having a go here whatsoever Wullie, but what are your thoughts on the "never give up on supporting your club, he is one man" Keegan quote?

Nice sentiment, doesn't work in reality. He's the most ruthless of businessmen, and allowing sentiment to cloud judgement is what he thrives on, why he bought Newcastle, because he knows the supporters will fill his pockets come hell or high water.

It also completely depends on your interpretation of supporting the club. As far as I'm concerned the best thing any supporter could do is not go to matches if/when Rafa goes. People have far too simple a view of what it is to be a fan imo. For me it's not about enduring shit and wearing it as a badge of honour, it's about doing what's within your power as a fan to help the club as much as possible. To repeat, as far as I'm concerned, the best thing anyone could do under Ashley is to stop going to matches. People can obviously think differently, but to me it's as clear as anything.

Guest firetotheworks

Hope you he stays just to stuff it to the "I told you so" lot wanting their little victory tbh.

Fuh.king hell. :anguish:

An absolute martyr.

[emoji38]

It also completely depends on your interpretation of supporting the club. As far as I'm concerned the best thing any supporter could do is not go to matches if/when Rafa goes. People have far too simple a view of what it is to be a fan imo. For me it's not about enduring s*** and wearing it as a badge of honour, it's about doing what's within your power as a fan to help the club as much as possible. To repeat, as far as I'm concerned, the best thing anyone could do under Ashley is to stop going to matches. People can obviously think differently, but to me it's as clear as anything.

The bold is what I'm going to try my best to do should it come to that. It'd be hard for me personally, I posted a few weeks back in the Bystanders thread why it would be.

Guest firetotheworks

An absolute martyr.

Okay, so that being the case, why not just not go and not give him your money if it'll make no difference regardless?

Because it clearly means a lot to a lot of fans to actually go to the games regardless of the turd running the club. Is it that hard to get [emoji38] [/KIstylecondescendinghumour]

I'm not advocating anything...just defending the fans from the 'do nowt, winge loads' high-horse brigade constantly putting energy into the wrong area.

Who says we're doing nowt? [emoji38]

I completely understand people going to matches, I'm saying that your 'it'll make no difference therefore going to matches is the only choice' point doesn't hold any weight precisely because of the bit about it making no difference. If it'll make no difference, take a stand on principle.