Leicester City v Newcastle United - Monday 14th March 2016

Figures 1-0 Football

Sissoko will play.

Rafa will make him work anarl.

There is a chance he will see him similar to ramires being deployed at Chelsea on wing to help full back. Difference this time is that we have Janmaat bombing forward and our left backs are best staying back. I can see him loving Mitro, Perez and Anita as they at least try and work hard.

The key will be hunting in packs, not holding on to ball too long and getting centre midfield right.

I'm just looking forward to seeing us as team with a game plan again. Don't expect everything to work straight away but I do at least think we'll be able to see what he's trying to do, which doesn't seem a lot to ask but which will be a huge novelty for us.

I think workrate on it's own is overrated, it's when it's allied with a proper strategy that it can be most effective, players are much more likely to run that extra yard if they know there's a clear and defined reason for it and hopefully our players will buy into Rafa's methods right from the start.

With Rafa, the chosen personnel will be less relevant than previous managers. He picks game teams rather than a bunch of players. It'll take a few games for him to get it as good as it can be, but I trust he will.

It's so amazing having trust in a manager, for a change.

:thup:

I think in this game we'll see what a thin line there is between success and failure. I don't think we'll win it, but I reckon we'll see our players walk on to the pitch with their heads high and chests out. They'll be as eager as the fans for Monday night to come. This is all assuming they're professionals who love the game of football.

I don't know if we're deluded, have suffered for too long, or what it is, but it just feels like something special is about to happen.

If he can stop the heads dropping if/when a goal goes in against, that'll be a big step forward already.

That was half the battle with the squad under McClaren... as soon as they conceded, the heads dropped.

Still think a win would be a big ask, but think a point could be very achievable.

If he can stop the heads dropping if/when a goal goes in against, that'll be a big step forward already.

That was half the battle with the squad under McClaren... as soon as they conceded, the heads dropped.

Still think a win would be a big ask, but think a point could be very achievable.

I agree with that, it's going to be interesting to see how we react if we go behind, although I wouldn't mind not finding out for a few weeks.

Does anyone know if Mahrez is injured? I know he was supposed to be a doubt, if he doesn't play I think we've got a great chance.

Leicester remind me of us when Robert and Bellamy joined.

They rely heavily on him and Vardy and look a different team  with either of them 2 missing or not playing well.

Liecester fans giving it the big 'I am' on their forums, calling us deluded, saying Benitez is over rated and this is going to be a comfortable win.

Aye, fuck them.

The majority of them probably supported Man U until January. Fucking Midlands man, freaks.

Rafa being here for a few days won't change us that much, but it could see us get a surprise win from the whole bounce of euphoria and excitement it's bringing.

Even if we lose that's fine, it's not a game we are expected to win at all. I think Dave mentioned it, I want Rafa to see all our weaknesses so he can ensure changes are made so we win the derby, then truly kick on after that.

Liecester fans giving it the big 'I am' on their forums, calling us deluded, saying Benitez is over rated and this is going to be a comfortable win.

Aye, f*** them.

Their fans are horrible and I've never had any time for them, I hope we take something off them and I hope they don't win the league.

Rafa being here for a few days won't change us that much, but it could see us get a surprise win from the whole bounce of euphoria and excitement it's bringing.

Even if we lose that's fine, it's not a game we are expected to win at all. I think Dave mentioned it, I want Rafa to see all our weaknesses so he can ensure changes are made so we win the derby, then truly kick on after that.

I think that's sensible, it might take a game or two before these players can actually learn to play the Rafa system, it will be a lot different to what they have been used to.  Have to bear in mind they done us 3-0 at our place so let's keep things in perspective. If we can stay compact and not leave any space for Mahrez and Vardy to run into we'll have won half the battle.

I think that's sensible, it might take a game or two before these players can actually learn to play the Rafa system, it will be a lot different to what they have been used to.  Have to bear in mind they done us 3-0 at our place so let's keep things in perspective. If we can stay compact and not leave any space for Mahrez and Vardy to run into we'll have won half the battle.

Yup, to be honest most of us expect nowt from this, so long as we see a significant improvement ill be happy.

Obviously a point or more and I'll be delighted.

They are top of the table for a reason, however like others they've had a 'purple' season and everything has gone well for them including some lucky wins.

We will be on a high,  just need to not concede early doors and stifle them.

Maybe a bit too early for Benitez, but it'll be better I'm sure. 

Just usual anti Newcastle rhetoric.

It's boring for NUFC fans - does he think anyone else is really interested in his whining drivel?

It's not our fault he got demoted and is morphing into Jimmy Hill, being eased slowly out of the picture.

He's backed us for the drop, surprise.