Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/03/16 - post match reaction from p.44

BlueStar

Leicester came so close to scoring that they scored.

They scored a offside goal, of course nowt matters other than 1-0 though, might as well bring McClaren back eh? :lol:

Wasnt actually offside according to some ref on Sky (Dermot Gallagher I think)

Really?, what was his reasoning for that then?, Vardy has different rules applied to him than the rest of the league, only his left foot needs to be onside?

Because Taylor made a "deliberate" movement to the ball and basically flicked it on to Vardy, it's a "2nd phase", therefore onside

Sissoko seemed to cronenberg our two best chances. First half pulling Mitro to the ground and second half failing to cut a ball back 5 yards. Should have been 2 goals then.

Aye, but his lack of composure gives me Shivers, it's like his teammates just aren't on his Scanners. As always, lots of Eastern Promises followed by a Crash. I do like him but I can see why plenty of others wish he would go out of eXistenZ.

:lol: POTY

They scored a offside goal, of course nowt matters other than 1-0 though, might as well bring McClaren back eh? :lol:

Hmm, it's a close one.

http://i.imgur.com/QbTLzvy.png

Taking into account the perspective here, it's likely Lascelles' upper body is just about in line with Vardy.

Sissoko seemed to cronenberg our two best chances. First half pulling Mitro to the ground and second half failing to cut a ball back 5 yards. Should have been 2 goals then.

Aye, but his lack of composure gives me Shivers, it's like his teammates just aren't on his Scanners. As always, lots of Eastern Promises followed by a Crash. I do like him but I can see why plenty of others wish he would go out of eXistenZ.

:lol: What am I not getting here?

Hmm, it's a close one.

Taking into account the perspective here, it's likely Lascelles' upper body is just about in line with Vardy.

If I'm not mistaken their argument for it not being offside is the ball bouncing off Colback before reaching Okazaki, which is bullshit as Vardy as still offside for the ball played to him. Okazaki was never offside.

Hmm, it's a close one.

They did the 'line' graphic during the broadcast and Vardy is definitely offside. No great shame on the linesman for missing it but he was definitely just off.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: What am I not getting here?

David Cronenberg.

Huge improvement. He will see what we are up against now. Thought even though our shape was far, far better, some of the players intensity was shit. Leicester were pretty poor tonight, their nerves were showing. I am concerned our players aren't wanting this enough as we should have got a point.

Huge improvement. He will see what we are up against now. Thought even though our shape was far, far better, some of the players intensity was s***. Leicester were pretty poor tonight, their nerves were showing. I am concerned our players aren't wanting this enough as we should have got a point.

I thought that our players were up for it, they still don't have loads of confidence and we'll need goals for them to get a lift.

Offside or not you cannot really complain like, it was a tough call.

The linesman's looking right across the line and their's not a chance he can see any of our players on the other side of Vardy.  Tough call or not its offside and I guarantee its given offside against us.

Hmm, it's a close one.

Because Taylor made a "deliberate" movement to the ball and basically flicked it on to Vardy, it's a "2nd phase", therefore onside

:thup:

Huge improvement. He will see what we are up against now. Thought even though our shape was far, far better, some of the players intensity was s***. Leicester were pretty poor tonight, their nerves were showing. I am concerned our players aren't wanting this enough as we should have got a point.

I thought that our players were up for it, they still don't have loads of confidence and we'll need goals for them to get a lift.

Hmm I thought so first half Mick, but second half I just thought nah, at this urgency, no chance. It is probably mainly nerves like you say.

Whilst I suppose a bit of an improvement overall, we've played better at times this year. We seemed extremely nervous and we showed no urgency until the second half. I was hoping for a bit of a more spirited, determined performance from the start given the new manager. Suppose we did get that second half, albeit with an obvious lack of quality. What scared me is our complete lack of understanding. Where anyone else would be. Who would run where. If there would be cover... It's like we have no experience at all from the season behind us. There's so much work to do. Benitez has to come up with a plan and quick and get that drilled in with no uncertainty from anyone, we've got to drastically cut back on mistakes made. We ended up making that game scrappy which ended up playing to our advantage a little, despite losing but that has to stop. We have to be so much more accurate from now on in otherwise we're toast.

I have faith. I do. For f***s sake we should be winning a 3 team league out of us, Sunderland and Norwich with 27 points up for grabs. Especially with a manager like Benitez in charge. Ive just got a slight worry that the players are too far gone. There were times tonight where people weren't chasing back. First game with a new manager! Away at top of the league, nothing to lose. I'm disappointed that we werent 100 miles an hour for 90 minutes tonight. Even if it was just for tonight. I was hoping for more aggression, anger, belief... It was all just too nervous. If improved.

:thup:

That is probably a fair assessment of it all.