Championship Planning

Tiresias

Despite all this rubbish about it being such a hard league to get out of I think it's still generally a poor standard. I look at Burnleys players and if they can win that league there's no reason why we can't.

People that keep pointing out these apparently shit players the promoted clubs have are missing the fact that they play for better TEAMS than the competition. Surely this season above all shows the value of being greater than the sum of your parts. We need to rebuild a fucking team or we won't be able to compete.

People that keep pointing out these apparently s*** players the promoted clubs have are missing the fact that they play for better TEAMS than the competition. Surely this season above all shows the value of being greater than the sum of your parts. We need to rebuild a f***ing team or we won't be able to compete.

Depends what you mean by compete. Sheff Wed cobbled a team together last summer and went from bottom half to the play offs. I've watched a bit of the Championship this season and it won't take much to at least finish top 6. It was an awful division last time we were there and I don't think it's any better now. Even Rotherham were tearing the league up for a 6-8 week spell when they brought Warnock in.

I think that there are a few players that if we keep hold of we can do really well in the Championship especially if we have Rafa as coach. The players we must try to keep whatever the circumstances knowing they will be the best players in the division are:

Townsend

Lascelles

Krul

Mbemba

Dummett

Perez (probably the most difficult given interest)

Aarons

Mbabu

The next list of players I think can also be great for us in the right circumstances:

Mitrovic

De Jong

Anita (as a RB)

Tiote

Armstrong

Darlow

Next we have a bunch of players who can support the rest of the squad adequately:

Elliott

Colback

Haidara

Every other senior player represents the poison at this club and must be removed.

Guest chopey

Mbabu and Haidara can't get fit now how will they cope playing every 4 days next season

Mbabu and Haidara can't get fit now how will they cope playing every 4 days next season

You'd hope a new regime and a proper fitness & recovery programme would get to the bottom of some of this stuff.

We won't be able to shift much of these imo... only those with International pedigree will be easy to leave

Krul (injury permitting)

Janmaat

Tiotr

Wijnaldum

Sissoko

Perez

Townsend

Shelvey (perhaps)

The rest? Hard to shift on those wages. Who will have been impressed by Mbemba this season? Or Mitro?

We won't be able to shift much of these imo... only those with International pedigree will be easy to leave

Krul (injury permitting)

Janmaat

Tiotr

Wijnaldum

Sissoko

Perez

Townsend

Shelvey (perhaps)

The rest? Hard to shift on those wages. Who will have been impressed by Mbemba this season? Or Mitro?

It happens, Spurs were impressed enough to pay £10m for Bassong when he was worse than Titfuck Bumble.

Guest chopey

What will be the difference in money for us next season in the championship compared to this season in the premiership ?

Krul (injury permitting)

Janmaat

Tiotr

Wijnaldum

Sissoko

Perez

Townsend

Shelvey (perhaps)

It happens, Spurs were impressed enough to pay £10m for Bassong when he was worse than Titfuck Bumble.

We'll see.  I don't see anyone in the PL coming in for him.

Defence is already sorted imo. Anita (RB) Mbemba and Lascelles (CB's) and Dummett (LB). With Haïdara and Mbabu covering with a couple of players to bring in.

Gk can't be any of the three, they're all good enough for the Championship, plus Woodman.

Midfield depends on who goes, i actually think Townsend will stay so it'll be, Townsend, Colback, Saviet, Aarons and Shelvey staying, so this area needs complete rebuilding.

Strikers, i think De Jong might stay actually, so De Jong, Armstrong, Mitro and Perez. Add a goalscorer to them, that's ok imo.

If and buts and not going to happen, but it's how i'd go.

I think there will be a lot of interest in Mbemba and Lascelles given how they have played recently. More so Lascelles because his attitude is what you want,young,English, not moaned when not selected and come in and done a job when needed and popped a few goals in.

Just prepare ourselves for Colo & Taylor down there.....

Think someone comes in for Perez

Of all the players i think are staying he is the one that might go, along with maybe Mitro back to Anderlecht on loan imo.

i wonder if this will be a strategy for the club now you've mentioned it actually, loan a few out who they want to retain in the hope we get back up in a year

I think there will be a lot of interest in Mbemba and Lascelles given how they have played recently. More so Lascelles because his attitude is what you want,young,English, not moaned when not selected and come in and done a job when needed and popped a few goals in.

Just prepare ourselves for Colo & Taylor down there.....

Same partnership as the season we got relegated last time.  8-9 seasons ago.  Said it before, but that is fucking ridiculous, I doubt there is any professional club in the world that would/could start the same CB partnership they had 8 years ago. Only at fucking Newcastle. Both shite players as well

Of all the players i think are staying he is the one that might go, along with maybe Mitro back to Anderlecht on loan imo.

i wonder if this will be a strategy for the club now you've mentioned it actually, loan a few out who they want to retain in the hope we get back up in a year

Could be, it's a sensible thing to do if you think the players you're loaning are still good enough. That's the debate though, Mitro and Wini especially, are they good enough in the long run.

Could be, it's a sensible thing to do if you think the players you're loaning are still good enough. That's the debate though, Mitro and Wini especially, are they good enough in the long run.

What?

Wijnaldum is a coward and need to leave. 

Currently the Championship is Mitro's level. No idea what his level is in the long run.

We'd be crazy to loan Mitro out like. We need to see what he can do week in week out in the Championship. If he still cant finish for shit then sell him, if he starts banging them in then it could be the making of him for when we're promoted.