Championship Planning

Tiresias

We won't get huge fees for many of our players so talk of 8m for Krul etc. is stupid talk.

I would try and keep Cisse as I think he would knock in 20 + goals in the championship easily.

And if we get promoted, ditch him.

Talking of promotion, it won't be easy even with Rafa.

Don't agree with that. He is absolutely awful these days. He doesn't hit the ball cleanly anymore when he shoots. He's finished.

Guest neesy111

We won't get huge fees for many of our players so talk of 8m for Krul etc. is stupid talk.

I would try and keep Cisse as I think he would knock in 20 + goals in the championship easily.

We will get fees for our players.  We some how got 8m for bassong the last time we went down.  Think about it.

We will get fees for our players.  We some how got 8m for passing the last time we went down.  Think about it.

Not bad for a pass!

Things can start happening now, this is what I suspect will take place:

Going:

Krul - we won't sell for anything less than 7million though and wouldn't be surprised if we got 10 for him.

Sissoko - Part of me thinks he'll stay but there is bound to be a PL team or someone from Italy or Germany, that come in for him, we'll set a 20 million price tag but probably accept half of that.

Tiote - Chinese team will come in for him, we'll accept 4 million or thereabouts

Cisse - Another that will go to some foreign shore, teams play a premium for forwards and despite his real worth we'll get about 3 - 4 million for him.

Saylor - Sent out to pasture unless he accepts a huge pay cut or a pay as your play type contract, I think the Southampton game gave Rafa enough information on his abilities.

Janmaat - I wouldn't mind keeping him but he's not going to want to lower himself to championship football, he's going and has enough good rep out there to still command a fee the club will accept, 5 million plus.

Loan out:

Gini - He's not going to play in the Championship. We'll look for more money than other clubs will be prepared to pay and we won't want to keep an obviously unhappy player around. So we'll do what QPR did with us, with Remy and loan him out to a PL team.

Townsend - Way too good for the championship, I don't buy the 8 million release clause thing, don't think even we are that dumb to do that. If goes to the Euros and plays like he has for us since he joined, then the interest level will be extremely high. We'll not want to cash in on him but see a one year loan as the best compromise in the situation, we'll get a decent loan fee and not have to pay his high salary.

Thauvin - No one will pay what we paid for him, no one will match his salary, can't see him being prepared to take a significant pay cut so early into his contract. But he won't want to play in the championship and there is enough interest in him for other clubs to want to take a low risk chance via a loan.

De Jong - Don't think any club will take a chance on him and his injury record, we'll want to move him on so the only way that will happen is through a loan deal, probabaly back to his dutch roots.

That's a lot of outgoings ! Considering we already lost Marveaux and Obertan, and we saw this season from their performance that there is very little in reserve.

There'll be some money coming in from sales and loan fees, we'll need to augment our squad with a number of loans from PL clubs. We'll also need to fill the obvious openings with suitable replacements, our returning loanees offer little to hope outside of Armstong.

Big job for Rafa, but the good news is we have players who are going to thrive at that level and won't jump ship unless they are pushed, if we can build a squad around the likes of these players then I am confident we'll be very competitive next season, with the best manager in the division no reason why we should expect to bounce straight back up:

Darlow (think he can bloom into a top GK, if not I hope we go to young Freddie and not to Elliot, who I see as anothing more than an average at best back up)

Laschelles (Got the physical attributes to be awesome, just needs top class coaching, could not ask for better than the manager we now have)

Mbemba (you can say the exact same things about him as you can for Laschelles, those 2 together could be a huge part of our future)

Anita (could easily be the best RB in the division next season, hopefully they work on him in that role and not as a midfielder)

Colback (yes I know, but it's championship level, and I for one thought he looked a lot improved in those final few games)

Arrons (needs to be given a run in the team at LW, lets see what we have here)

Perez (needs to pick up his game a bit though, even at that level)

Mitrovic (He'll tear that league apart, if he can stay on the field)

Armstong (still unsure about his physical presence, needs to assert himself more, needs to be given the opportunities, hopefully the season at Coventry have help to give him the confidence to do what he has been doing throughout the levels in his young career)

Shelvey (if Rafa can work with him, get him to play to the level he is obviously capable of, he could light up that division)

Guest Howaythetoon

We will get fees for our players.  We some how got 8m for bassong the last time we went down.  Think about it.

One name... Harry Redknapp!

Plenty of decent players to pick up in the Championship and around though.

Ideally I would like us to dump Colo, Saylor, Tiote, Riviere, Cisse, Thauvin and if we have to cash in on Krul, Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Janmaat to build I don't mind. Would like to keep the rest though.

I know this will probably have Ronaldo foaming at the mouth, but if Tiote was happy to stay, I'd really like him here next season. The only reason I want him gone is if he doesn't want to be here. Our few matches where we got results and performances last season were generally when he was in the side. Him and Abeid were the only two midfielders we had a year ago that could physically impose themselves on the opposition.

Ideally I would like us to dump Colo, Saylor, Tiote, Riviere, Cisse, Thauvin and if we have to cash in on Krul, Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Janmaat to build I don't mind. Would like to keep the rest though.

I know this will probably have Ronaldo foaming at the mouth, but if Tiote was happy to stay, I'd really like him here next season. The only reason I want him gone is if he doesn't want to be here. Our few matches where we got results and performances last season were generally when he was in the side. Him and Abeid were the only two midfielders we had a year ago that could physically impose themselves on the opposition.

Depends who we are looking at bringing in. He can be very effective with a manager not asking him to attack and try rockstar passes, instead keeping it simple breaking play up and protecting the back four. Given his age and the fact he wanted out I would have no problem cashing in now. I am sure Rafa would get the best out of him if he stays though. Probably better options to bring in though.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tiote is a quality player when in the mood. He's a passionate guy, but by all accounts has been fucked around a bit by the club and he along with others were not happy at the treatment of Jonas.

Depends who we are looking at bringing in. He can be very effective with a manager not asking him to attack and try rockstar passes, instead keeping it simple breaking play up and protecting the back four. Given his age and the fact he wanted out I would have no problem cashing in now. I am sure Rafa would get the best out of him if he stays though. Probably better options to bring in though.

We've signed a few 'better options' in the last couple of years, like Anita, Colback and Saivet and they didn't turn out to be better after all.

I know this will probably have Ronaldo foaming at the mouth, but if Tiote was happy to stay, I'd really like him here next season.

What a stupid suggestion, fuck you. You fucking dumb, stupid, idiot. You dumb, stupid, weak, pathetic, white...uh, guilt. White guilt, milquetoast piece of human garbage.

One thing that will be useful next season is that we can finally try out more of our youth squad to see what they are made of. In the Premier League it would always be a massive risk, but it will now be less of one.

How long as Tiote left on his contract?  If a Chinese or Middle Eastern club come in with a big contract, he will be gone as it will be his last opportunity for a big contract.

Up until now Rafa has had to make do with the players already there and so it is not just a case of keeping all the best players but making sure the players are right for the way he wants to play.  That could lead to one or two surprising departures.

It wouldn't be a bad thing if we could loan out one or two in the hope of them returning if we are promoted but you could then argue that if they not up for the fight next season, then is it fair for them to come back the year after and walk into the team when others have grafted in their absence to get us back up.

I think the priority is a couple of strikers.  Although we started to score more towards the end of the season, if Gini leaves then that is a significant number of goals lost.

We clearly need a Bellamy type player added to the team and I expect Rafa to make 3/4 transfers in this summer with the rest depending on outgoings.

We already have nearly 4 spaces to play with Obertan/Marv/Thauvin and Cabella.