Championship Planning

Tiresias

Darlow

Anita Lascelles Mbemba Dummett

Townsend Shelvey Colback Aarons

Mitro  *goalscorer*

If we started with that, I'd be happy.

I know we've got Rafa but nobody should be happy if Colback is starting CM for us, he's absolute fucking pony

I dislike colback but he's contributed something under Rafa honestly, a lot more than Shelvey anyways.

It will be 4231 I expect too.

Why not Armstrong up front next season? If he blasted 20 in League 1 in his debut season, wouldn't the natural progression be to then play in the Championship?

Why not Armstrong up front next season? If he blasted 20 in League 1 in his debut season, wouldn't the natural progression be to then play in the Championship?

I'd like him and Mitro to stay on with Perez plus someone who will guarantee goals at Championship level and play the role Benitez requires. That's your 4 striking options for the season, a good blend of age and styles.

Darlow

Mitro  *goalscorer*

I know we've got Rafa but nobody should be happy if Colback is starting CM for us, he's absolute fucking pony

I dislike colback but he's contributed something under Rafa honestly, a lot more than Shelvey anyways.

I'd can both of them but yeah, I'll grudgingly admit that Colback looked better after a few games with Rafa

Darlow

Mitro  *goalscorer*

I'd can both of them but yeah, I'll grudgingly admit that Colback looked better after a few games with Rafa

Djimi Traore won a Champions League medal because of Rafa, he was still shit and even though we'll be in the Championship, i'd rather see the rest of Colback the same colour as his head, on fire basically.

Darlow

Mitro  *goalscorer*

Djimi Traore won a Champions League medal becasue of Rafa, he was still shit and even though we'll be in the Championship i'd rather see rest of Colback the same colour as his head, on fire basically.

Not advocating his selection don't get me wrong.

I'd love us to sign two new central midfielders at least personally.

I don't have a strong view on most of the players staying or going to be honest. With a few exceptions, for me, everyone has a 'pass' in the new Rafa era. Exceptions for me are all non-playing high earners, plus Cisse and Coloccini. The "C's" because to a lot of people it was obvious preseason that they were done, but we couldn't get rid/they're set on collecting what they can. If we had replaced them with hungry comparable wage earners in their prime, I suspect we would have collected enough points to stay-up. Sometimes small differences have a profound impact. If anyone else doesn't want to be here, then I don't want them; regardless of their (recently hidden) talent or potential. Basically don't give a fuck about anyone who doesn't give a fuck about us.

Darlow

Mitro  *goalscorer*

Djimi Traore won a Champions League medal becasue of Rafa, he was still shit and even though we'll be in the Championship i'd rather see rest of Colback the same colour as his head, on fire basically.

Not advocating his selection don't get me wrong.

I'd love us to sign two new central midfielders at least personally.

Agreed, and i think we will.

Giuseppe Rossi might be worth a punt. He's done as a top-level striker but would probably do a decent enough job in the Championship. Would also be a good player to have around for Perez's development.

He is, however, frequently quadrospazzed.

Giuseppe Rossi might be worth a punt. He's done as a top-level striker but would probably do a decent enough job in the Championship. Would also be a good player to have around for Perez's development.

Wasn't he considered one of the best up and coming strikers until he got injured a few years back?

Wasn't he considered one of the best up and coming strikers until he got injured a few years back?

Fantastic player; such a shame he's been plagued by a serious knee injury for the vast majority of his career; reminds me a bit if Robbie Fowler his style

I'm sure he has fond memories of us. He'll retire to MLS soon enough with the other washed ups soon enough.

At 29 he'd be a great addition for someone in the league, assuming he's back to full health.

Looking back at the stats from last time it strikes me how a number of players shared responsibility for goals. Harewood got 5 in 9, Lovenkrands got 13 in 19.

We also had loads of randoms I completely forgot about like Fitz Hall