Championship Planning

Tiresias

Going to start thinking / planning my trip to see a match at SJP this upcoming season when this is officially confirmed and the schedule is released.

You should go to an away match. There are few finer sites on planet Earth than Blackburn on a crisp winters day.

Going to start thinking / planning my trip to see a match at SJP this upcoming season when this is officially confirmed and the schedule is released.

You should go to an away match. There are few finer sites on planet Earth than Blackburn on a crisp winters day.

The Fernhurst party tent is England at its best.

Horrific flashbacks to Blackburn on Boxing Day 2004 where it was alright in Newcastle when I set off then snowy in Blackburn so I was freezing and also starving, so of course they ran out of hot food. :anguish:

:lol: I've only ever been to Leicester, London, Liverpool and Blackpool. Hoping I can erase the memory of walking along that pier and seeing some horses or donkeys shitting all over the beach. However, I highly doubt I'll ever be able to do that.

Apparently Perez will miss the first two months of the new season because of a temporarily deaf ear after Mitrovic called to tell him that Benitez is staying.

Guest chopey

Championship planning: win lots of matches 4-1 and 6-0.

WTF if we concede a goal next season I'm chucking my season ticket straight in Rafa's face.

Gaston Ramirez released by Southampton. Both my mate who's a Boro ST holder and some guy I heard on the Guardian podcast both used the phrase "far too good for the Championship" about him towards the end of the season.

Don't know if Boro are going to take him permanently but worth a look if not, depending on who stays.

Gaston Ramirez released by Southampton. Both my mate who's a Boro ST holder and some guy I heard on the Guardian podcast both used the phrase "far too good for the Championship" about him towards the end of the season.

Don't know if Boro are going to take him permanently but worth a look if not, depending on who stays.

Last thing we need is someone who plays in the 10 like even if they are good.

Guest neesy111

He was their best player last 1/4 of the season.

Plenty of decent players to pick up in the Championship and around though.

Ideally I would like us to dump Colo, Saylor, Tiote, Riviere, Cisse, Thauvin and if we have to cash in on Krul, Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Janmaat to build I don't mind. Would like to keep the rest though.

That said I am not convinced Anita will be useful in the championship strength wise. I like him but I don't know if he can really offer us what we need. Think Shelvey would rock the championship but also it worries me Rafa didn't really use him, can't see that changing unless he sees a new role for him and wants to spend the summer changing him. Also so much depends on fitness and keeping players healthy - If we can't improve then the likes of Dejong, Mbabu, Aarons, and Haidara are useless to us. I think they could all offer us something. 

Would like us to try and get Dembele from Fulham although there is a bunch of interest in him from Premier league teams. Rather him than McCormack, although the latter would bring us goals and could play behind Mitro.

We need an experienced hand upfront that will get us goals. A striker pool of a new player with Mitro, Perez, Armstrong and Toney should be more than strong enough.

Midfield needs reinforcing both centrally and out wide, two new CB's a RB either to replace or back up Janmaat is important too. Keeper is the only area we don't need to reinforce.

Guest Howaythetoon

We won't get huge fees for many of our players so talk of 8m for Krul etc. is stupid talk.

I would try and keep Cisse as I think he would knock in 20 + goals in the championship easily.

And if we get promoted, ditch him.

Talking of promotion, it won't be easy even with Rafa.