Championship Planning

Tiresias

Surely  it would severely affect attendances if all games were televised for all clubs not just ours

You blackout the local areas if a certain % of tickets haven't been sold. Not 100% sure how it works in the US but it's something like that at least.

It's actually frowned upon here to blackout home games because match-day costs are expensive and with the way the economy was moving last 5+ years - some people simply can't afford getting to the games.

Perhaps they should get people to go to the games by pricing tickets reasonably and making the matchday experience enjoyable? Y'know, rather than enforcing archaic television laws that persecute everyone outside of the city.

Given the choice of even £20 a ticket or it being easily available on an NFL pass style system, it's likely a lot of people will choose the latter.

Fully on board with persecuting those outside the city. There's always highlights.

If you must, you can just black it out for locals and rake in the funds for those outside the city. But nahhhh, let's just restrict it for everyone and fuck over people who have legitimate reasons for not being able to attend.

All Premier League games will be watchable. Only Championship games that are on Sky (potentially a few more if we're lucky).

There's still no reason that someone in London shouldn't be allowed to pay to watch a Newcastle game if they so desire. There's no reason that someone in Newcastle shouldn't be allowed imo. Incentivise people to go to the games rather than just punishing those who can't. If the excuse is lower league football, then stagger the kick offs between the leagues, rather than just staggering Premier League games to maximise SKY time.

It's only a matter of time anyway.

The latter suggestion would ruin Soccer Saturday and the 3pm accumulator.

You're right though, it will happen and in all likelihood have a negative effect on the grassroots game. The population of Essex will be able to catch their Man U games though.

I want it to happen but I can see the argument about attendances as well. I have definitely not gone to a couple of games when they've been on TV, so it does happen. Slightly biased since it costs £120 to get a train up for the game.

We'll be paying £42 (well £43!) for our visit to Hillsborough - outrageous! Trust us to go down when they cap away ticket prices in the top flight!

Disgraceful isn't it. Hillsborough one of the stadiums have been looking forward to going to as well.

Semtex is basically saying what I have been saying for ages. Premier league games should be on a different day to lower league and non-league teams. Having Premier League games Sunday is the solution then having time between lower league clubs and local non-league clubs playing so that it's possible for people to see their non-league sides as well as their league sides.

Make so that Premier League clubs have to sell out before games can be on TV, but all games can be on TV if they all sell out. Then lower league teams who arn't picked for TV can sell online broadcasts of their game to fans (but make it so that it's just as cheap if not cheaper to attend home games).

what players do you hope will leave us this summer?

Personally i hope this what is being considered.

1 keeper - can´t decide who?

Janmaat. If Gamez, Anita and mbabu can do the job. (undecided)

Sissoko. Gives us money to rebuild and he does not want to be here.

De Jong (injury prone and can´t see him fit into the system...we have alternatives.

Tiote (undecided)

Gouffran - poor

Riviere - poor

Can't really see Tiote being here too beyond next month, but if he does go we will be weaker unless we buy a proper replacement. I haven't seen much of Saivet, but he couldn't get in the team ahead of Tiote in the run in to last season so can't really count him as one we can rely on to do the job.