Championship Planning

Tiresias

Depends on our squad and what we bring in

A year for a few to bed in like mitro, possibly wijnaldum plus a year for some young English players to find there fit and excel. It's more about building that psyche and culture that you see in clubs that come up. Shedding the money grabbers and making sure we are also picking up players that can blossom in the premier league when we go up is the goal. 

As we saw last season and to lesser extents other years having a team that works together and has the hunger  can outweigh the mega bucks.

We've seen the same in the Euros for that matter. Teams like Wales and Italy aren't individually as highly valued as England or Belgium's squads, but both have looked far more cohesive as a team.

I think we need another striker. Whilst with what we've got, a very experienced addition may seem most obvious, just considered that with money coming in and the attraction of  Rafa we may be able to pick-up a future star from Spain. Someone like Inaki Williams would fit the Rafa brief, but guess it depends how much he rates Perez, Rivière and Mitrovic as well as Toney and Armstrong. God, scratch that, we do need an older head!

I think we need another striker. Whilst with what we've got, a very experienced addition may seem most obvious, just considered that with money coming in and the attraction of  Rafa we may be able to pick-up a future star from Spain. Someone like Inaki Williams would fit the Rafa brief, but guess it depends how much he rates Perez, Rivière and Mitrovic as well as Toney and Armstrong. God, scratch that, we do need an older head!

Come on. Inaki Williams will have have 100x better offers, including staying put.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02684/yoann-gouffran_a_2684108b.jpg

Come on. Inaki Williams will have have 100x better offers, including staying put.

Exactly :lol:

Fair enough. Extended my Dennis Wise stylee research, and his stock has risen, more than I was aware, in the last season. He would be ideal for Rafa's style though. Winger who should be a striker, Henry/Torres type; quicker than Bale, apparently.

Going somewhere where he is the main man, would be good for the lad IMHO. But would be a stretch, even for Senor Benitez to sell a season in the English second tier.

Can't see another striker coming in, we're bursting with them. We might benefit from someone more experienced but I almost think it's better to see if the likes of Mitro sink or swim. We're not going to get a better chance to really get him an extended run in games we should be dominating.

Can't see another striker coming in, we're bursting with them. We might benefit from someone more experienced but I almost think it's better to see if the likes of Mitro sink or swim. We're not going to get a better chance to really get him an extended run in games we should be dominating.

Yep. :thup:

My order of preference would be CM, winger, left back and center back. Think we have enough forwards really.

Ayoze Perez, Emmanuel Riviere, Adam Armstrong, Ivan Toney, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Dwight Gayle and young players like Callum Roberts, Alex Gilliead and Tom Heardman are the forwards in the squad. Of them Ivan Toney, Callum Roberts, Alex Gilliead and Tom Heardman will either be loaned out or play in the under 21s. There's been talk of possibly loaning out Adam Armstrong too. That leaves us with Ayoze Perez, Emmanuel Riviere, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Dwight Gayle. I'm sure NUFC will be looking to offload Riviere. We could do with another experienced striker. We've got a lot of games to play and we simply must get promoted. I can't see Rafa being happy to see in Mitro sinks or swims. If he 'sinks' we'd mainly be relying on Gayle.

Ayoze Perez, Emmanuel Riviere, Adam Armstrong, Ivan Toney, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Dwight Gayle and young players like Callum Roberts, Alex Gilliead and Tom Heardman are the forwards in the squad. Of them Ivan Toney, Callum Roberts, Alex Gilliead and Tom Heardman will either be loaned out or play in the under 21s. There's been talk of possibly loaning out Adam Armstrong too. That leaves us with Ayoze Perez, Emmanuel Riviere, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Dwight Gayle. I'm sure NUFC will be looking to offload Riviere. We could do with another experienced striker. We've got a lot of games to play and we simply must get promoted. I can't see Rafa being happy to see in Mitro sinks or swims. If he 'sinks' we'd mainly be relying on Gayle.

Siem de Jong?

I wasnt even joking with Gouffran.  He's listed as a striker now on the club website when he's been as midfielder previous.  He was a striker for Bordeaux before Pardew got his hands on him and got double figures for them in his last two seasons there.

I mean, we all know he's been shite, but you never know :lol:

If we're leaving nothing to chance, then we need to go out and get a proven goalscorer. It's vital we get up first time around. Gayle's only scored a handful at this level, and Mitro and Perez are yet to prove they can hit double figures. Perez and Mitro both look more comfortable laying it off as opposed to finishing moves. Yes, it's a lower level and you'd expect them to do better, but we need to learn lessons from last season and if we're pinning our hopes on those three and Armstrong, we're taking a risk.

Gamez

Anita

Janmaat

Mbabu (or at LB)

Not bad for a Championship side having these players competing for the RB position :lol:

Maybe Janmaat will leave but i'm not too sure about it. I think he will do better this season.

It's looking quite clear that Sterry is being seriously considered for first-team football this season, so you can add him, too.

We're looking okay for numbers in the full-back department. Dummett, Haidara and Mbabu for the left. Gamez, Anita, Sterry and Mbabu for the right.