Championship Planning

Tiresias

really didnt know where to post this so will may be post it in the gallowgate flags thread also.

just needs to be said that we really need our fans to show a bit of humility this season. i'm gonna start taking my kids to away matches.

we really show ourselves up with the "shit ground, shit fans" and your support is fucking shit" chants. absolutley hate them and they need to stamped out. peple shouldnt join in and we need to sing over them to drown them out.

hate it.

really didnt know where to post this so will may be post it in the gallowgate flags thread also.

just needs to be said that we really need our fans to show a bit of huomility this season. i'm gonna start taking my kids to away matches.

we really show ourselves up with the "shit ground, shit fans" and your support is fucking shit" chants. absolutley hate them and they need to stamped out. peple shouldnt join in and we need to sing over them to drown them out.

hate it.

There are much bigger problems with our away fans than that tedious crap, as annoying as it is. We have a bunch of very young lads that get so pissed on the bus down they are in no state before kick off and seem to want to spend most of their time acting like wankers. A fair few of them on other things as well.

A 17 year old at Liverpool away last year got arrested for possession of class A's with intent to supply ffs.

www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-fan-tried-sell-11605891

Guest chopey

Looks like Hanley could be coming so I reckon a good left back and a replacement for Sissy and Wini and we are ready for Fulham.

Looks like Hanley could be coming so I reckon a good left back and a replacement for Sissy and Wini and we are ready for Fulham.

Reckon we need another striker as well.

Good article and a reality check for the majority who seem to think we are going to walk it like the last time. I hope we do, but there are huge holes in the present squad and lots of players still with us that stunk up the Premier League last season, namely Elliott, Janmatt, Anita, Colback, Tiote, Dummet, Mbemba, Perez, Mitro. The others are either gone, going, or didn't play enough to know how good or not they might be.

Good article and a reality check for the majority who seem to think we are going to walk it like the last time. I hope we do, but there are huge holes in the present squad and lots of players still with us that stunk up the Premier League last season, namely Elliott, Janmatt, Anita, Colback, Tiote, Dummet, Mbemba, Perez, Mitro. The others are either gone, going, or didn't play enough to know how good or not they might be.

Aside from Colback, none of the players you quoted "stunk up the Premier League". Elliott had a pretty good season, in reality. Janmaat was not as effective as in his first season but was still a serviceable, if flawed, right back. Anita was useful at full back and average to below average in midfield. Tiote actually had one of his better years. Dummett was fine defensively but poor going forward. Perez had a difficult second season but looked useful in parts, overmatched in others. Mitrovic had what was completely to be expected for a 21 year old in his first season in English football, albeit he missed too many sitters. With the chances he had, he should have scored 15 goals.

Colback was unfettered, flame-tipped garbage.

I certainly don't expect us to walk the league but I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't secure automatic promotion.

Absolutely sick of this 'championship is a competitive league' bollocks. Burnley finished the season 23 unbeaten and they are a remarkably average squad.

We should absolutely dominate the league with the manager and squad we have and there's no harm at all expecting that to be the case.

My concern is we're losing the players who would be head and shoulders over everyone in this league. Townsend, Wijnaldum, Sissoko...

We're still by far the best side in the league, but taking Townsend & Gini alone out is probably around 40 goals in what they'd bring in goals and assists. Ritchie should restore a chunk, but I think selling Wijnaldum is a far bigger thing than people are saying, regardless of the fee, non performances away, etc.

My concern is we're losing the players who would be head and shoulders over everyone in this league. Townsend, Wijnaldum, Sissoko...

We're still by far the best side in the league, but taking Townsend & Gini alone out is probably around 40 goals in what they'd bring in goals and assists. Ritchie should restore a chunk, but I think selling Wijnaldum is a far bigger thing than people are saying, regardless of the fee, non performances away, etc.

I like to focus on the positives, we have brought in Ritchie who was the leagues best player two seasons ago so he should be head and shoulders above, and unlike the other three, motivated.

Similarly with Gayle who doesn't have the track record in this division, but should be the best striker.

So we'll replace two Cunts with two quality players, and lost Townsend.

Thing is, Townsend had a clause, so out of our hands. Wijnaldum and Sissoko clearly don't want to stay, so IMO, its arguably better to try and move them on for the maximum fee which can be reinvested, than force them to stay and potentially get sub-par performances if/when you play them... (see Coloccini).

I'm not saying give them away, but I don't see the point keeping players who aren't prepared to buy into the 'project' and see the bigger picture, that this could be an exciting season, and (hopefully) just the one in a lower league.

We aren't finished bringing players in.  I think once Gini and Siss are both gone we may take stock For a few weeks, clearly we are going to bring in another midfielder and striker at some point.  We have until the 31st August aswell and I can see someone coming in deep into the window. 

LB, creative midielder, striker. the very least we still need.

who is out there that we could realistically attract to fill these positions now that funds are in place.

are the likes of will hughes good enough. not really seen much of him.

We aren't finished bringing players in.  I think once Gini and Siss are both gone we may take stock For a few weeks, clearly we are going to bring in another midfielder and striker at some point.  We have until the 31st August aswell and I can see someone coming in deep into the window. 

We are in a great position at this point. Our squad is probably already good enough to get promoted, with the money from the sale of Wijnaldum and inevitably Sissoko, we can probably spend a fraction of that to fill the gaps with good enough replacements, then keep the real big money for next season when we go up.

How are you lot feeling about this season?

No matter how it pans out, SURELY SURELY both our clubs must have a good chance of consistently winning football matches.

Fucking hell, imagine that.

It's like what Victorians must have felt like the first time they saw a train. When the credits roll on the Channel 5 coverage on a Saturday night, I'll be sat here watching, staring at the screen, tears rolling down my cheeks as Mrs Brummie frantically shouts "what's wrong, what's wrong?" - "We've just beaten Burton Albion and Brentford inside seven days, can't you even try to understand my dreams???"

It'll be unreal. I know we've both been shit for years now, but really, surely, surely we can dream of maybe, say, three wins in a row? Or (in our case) more than four home wins a season?

If Championship goalscoring pedigree/experience is what is needed, given that Scottish is the new French, and his lass is canny looking (yet to be established, but desirable recruitment criteria) what about Ross McCormack? Scored 116 goals (Cardiff, Leeds, Fulham) in around 300 appearances. He's 30 and seems to have peaked goalscoring wise in 2013-14 (28 goals for Leeds and Fans and Players player of the year), but has also been Fulham POTY for the last two seasons.

Nah. We seem to also be signing players that will get us up but also do a job in a Premier League squad. If there's an Andre Gray knocking about who's the right age then fair enough, but wouldn't want us spending the sort of money he'd cost on him.