Championship Planning

Tiresias

If we can keep hold of Rafa, Mbemba, Perez and Mitro (extremely optimistic, I know) I'll be happy, not arsed about anyone else. Mbemba has been fucking wank but I think this is down to a lack of confidence rather than ability.

I think Mbemba could still look okay alongside a big commanding centre half. I'm still not convinced that Lascelles is the man who could do it, but in the championship he should be fine.

This all basically hinges on Rafa - if he somehow in someway stays on, we'll fucking wreck the championship and hopefully clean out the stench of the prior years. If not, good lord...we're doomed for quite a long time.

It really all hinges on Ashley and Charnley, if they can persuade Rafa to stay (teee hee) with guarantees of him being allowed to tody the whole club up from top to bottom then I think a promotion can be had at the first attempt.

The most likely outcome is Rafa will be off, Ashley will let the club drift and Charnley is totally useless.  We'll end up with another scrap heap manager or some knacker promoted from with in.

Ashley has burnt all his bridges and has lost all of the good will.

I can see the club drifting on a downwards spiral. 

It really all hinges on Ashley and Charnley, if they can persuade Rafa to stay (teee hee) with guarantees of him being allowed to tody the whole club up from top to bottom then I think a promotion can be had at the first attempt.

The most likely outcome is Rafa will be off, Ashley will let the club drift and Charnley is totally useless.  We'll end up with another scrap heap manager or some knacker promoted from with in.

He's made himself look an absolute fool after his comments at the end of last season, the press will have a field day when it happens, his words "the blame stops at my door".

He's made himself look an absolute fool after his comments at the end of last season, the press will have a field day when it happens, his words "the blame stops at my door".

Aye he made those comments but then he has released his latest interview absolving himself of all blame, apparently you have to align the sun, the moon and the stars to be successful...

It has nothing to do with hiring garbage like Denis Wise, Joe Kinnear x2, Colin Calderwood, Alan Pardew, Derek Llambias and promoting a pleb like Charnley.

Not forgetting all garbage players that have been picked up from internet searches.

Yeah its pure magic how teams are successful.

I'll be amazed if Charnley keeps his job if we go down considering it's his administration that has seen us spend £80m on a team that's getting relegated.

the press will say he spent 80m and got Rafa in what more do the deluded geordies want.

the press will say he spent 80m and got Rafa in what more do the deluded geordies want.

Tbf lazy journalism will probably point to the players, partially correctly, for under performing, but miss the glaringly obvious cause of performance and indeed buying such lightweights in the first place.

I can't see Ashley sacking Charnley.

He can just give him his old job back. Licking stamps or whatever it was he did previously.

He needs to be fed to the pigs.

I think its a given that Ashley will sack Charnley and probably Carr. Just cant see him accepting their failings as apparently the board is the only thing he has control of

They've cost him £150m. I'd be flabbergasted if they didn't lose their jobs.

With Rafa in albeit too late, this could be our last chance to go forwards as a club since the KK days.  The relegation fight that we are in has been builfing for 5 years.  If we go down, and I fear we will, then the chances of coming back up immediately will not be good.  I fear that we could go the same way as Leeds under Ken Bates.  Our fans do not deserve that but Ashley and co do.  I have followed this club from being a 5 year old to now when I am 72.  The feeling and the fear that I will never live to see my club performing as they should just destroys me. My brother who is nearly 80 rang me at 8.45am today just to talk about the fear of relegation and where we might end.  Couldn't sleep because of the anxiety.    THANK YOU MR ASHLEY

With Rafa in albeit too late, this could be our last chance to go forwards as a club since the KK days.  The relegation fight that we are in has been builfing for 5 years.  If we go down, and I fear we will, then the chances of coming back up immediately will not be good.  I fear that we could go the same way as Leeds under Ken Bates.  Our fans do not deserve that but Ashley and co do.  I have followed this club from being a 5 year old to now when I am 72.  The feeling and the fear that I will never live to see my club performing as they should just destroys me. My brother who is nearly 80 rang me at 8.45am today just to talk about the fear of relegation and where we might end.  Couldn't sleep because of the anxiety.    THANK YOU MR ASHLEY

Whatever happens at least you can say you've seen us win a few FA Cups and the Fairs Cup! I'm 38 and there's a good chance I'll never see NUFC win anything in my lifetime.

Aye he made those comments but then he has released his latest interview absolving himself of all blame, apparently you have to align the sun, the moon and the stars to be successful...

It has nothing to do with hiring garbage like Denis Wise, Joe Kinnear x2, Colin Calderwood, Alan Pardew, Derek Llambias and promoting a pleb like Charnley.

Not forgetting all garbage players that have been picked up from internet searches.

Yeah its pure magic how teams are successful.

:lol:

Well put.

His interview said 'we will not be in this situation again'.

He was right, last season we had a chance to save ourselves in the last game...

I think its a given that Ashley will sack Charnley and probably Carr. Just cant see him accepting their failings as apparently the board is the only thing he has control of

Inevitable Dekka will be back next season.

And this is my fear

Inevitable Dekka will be back next season.

And this is my fear

He must be a footballing mastermind from Ashley's perspective. Fuck it, in comparison to Charnley, he's fucking Beckenbauer.

Which channel (if any) shows Championship games in the US? I was loving my NBC Sports package with every match :(

good question. I think BeIN Sports has it these days..1 match a week or so :(