Southampton vs Newcastle United - Saturday 9th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Fucks sake, this is our next game? Ugh.

Is there any fixture that wouldn't get this reaction? :lol:

If we were home to NUFC, they're shocking on the road. Even then I'm not sure.

I don't think it'll be a thrashing, it'll be another cruel 1 goal defeat where we gain so much false hope that we may get something.

A win here (I know, I know...) COULD be the catalyst for a turn-around, especially with Swansea at home next and the mackems and Norwich playing each other.

Effectively, we could (:idiot2:) go into the home game against Man City less than 3 points away from the two above us.

In a season where Marc Albrighton gets a Premier League winners medal, strange things can happen and we could get a win here.

These aren't invincible like some people seem to think. I don't think we'll win but it isn't impossible if Rafa puts out a team with Cisse, Mitro and Perez to shock them from the off - it also needs some passion from the whole team.

It won't happen like, but god I really hope it does.

There is something I the fact that the whole team look terrified.

It's been said before but it takes a special mentality to survive at Newcastle, one city club etc.

We would have to be 4-0 up going into the final minute of extra time against a team who have had 3 players sent off for me to be confident of hanging on for a draw

This is Southampton away, we'd still manage to lose in that scenario on Saturday. Le Tiss would probably be making a comeback from the bench to make it happen as well

There is something I the fact that the whole team look terrified.

It's been said before but it takes a special mentality to survive at Newcastle, one city club etc.

this all got far worse when Ashley bought the club; we weren't a shit scared club when SBR was managing us - hell, even our shit stain team under Souness, Roeder and Big Sam pre Ashley had more bottle than these fucking cowards.

So many games look winable but we don't show up for 60 minutes, it's not beyond the realms of possibility to get something here but our bunch of cowards don't perform until we go a goal down and the pressure is eased as we're expected to lose from there.

I don't see us losing heavily like some are predicting, but the sad truth is that our team just isn't good enough to get a result here, unless we get incredibly lucky and decisions go massively in our favour.

We really are not good enough, even when our players put in the effort, to stay up. We are now 6 points from safety, but norwich have a better GD by six, so it's basically a 7 point gap from safely. We simply wont get enough points to stay up, even if norwich crumble. I'm not sure I can even see us getting 7 points in TOTAL from our remaining games, let alone the 10/11 we will need at a minimum if norwich have a shocker. We managed to get a total of 1 point from 2 games against s*nderland and norwich, where the hell will 7 points come from in our remaining games. And we would need 7 only if norwich literally get no points at all from their remaining fixtures.

I'll go with 1-0 to the saints.