Southampton vs Newcastle United - Saturday 9th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

There is something I the fact that the whole team look terrified.

It's been said before but it takes a special mentality to survive at Newcastle, one city club etc.

this all got far worse when Ashley bought the club; we weren't a s*** scared club when SBR was managing us - hell, even our s*** stain team under Souness, Roeder and Big Sam pre Ashley had more bottle than these f***ing cowards.

Because even in those average days the club still had identity.

Draw i reckon, 2-2 or something. Our defence wont keep them out, so we need goals. Cisse & Mitrovic as people keep mentioning, get them occupying a different CB & get crosses in. Let townsend run at the fullback & have Dejong/Wijnaldum/whoever there for any cutbacks. Gotta go attacking at this point.

Just scrolled through.

Gutted to see Mick hasn't been in here saying how confident he is that we'll get three points like he did before the sunderland and Norwich games.

I'm saying nothing until at least we have an idea of who is fit to play, if Taylor and Anita are starting again we've got no chance.

Just scrolled through.

Gutted to see Mick hasn't been in here saying how confident he is that we'll get three points like he did before the sunderland and Norwich games.

I'm saying nothing until at least we have an idea of who is fit to play, if Taylor and Anita are starting again we've got no chance.

It has to be Sissoko at left back. Forget the defensive side of things - running on to the ball on the overlap, arriving late etc. all play to his strengths because he doesn't have time to think about it too much. He is such an attacking threat there that the opposition have to sit back a bit on that side. Norwich were having a field day against Anita but were much less of a threat down that side once Sissoko moved back behind Perez.

Well the stars really are aligning for us aren't they :lol:

The referee on Saturday? Robert Madley.

If the name confuses you, I'll provide a few hints.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6701283.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Sunderland-vs-Newcastle.jpg

NUFC v mackems (League 15/16) - Referee: Robert Madley. Absolutely awful in his first Toon game this season and frankly not up to the task. The 30 year-old took charge of his first Premier League game in April 2013 (sending three off) and this was his 25th top-flight appointment.

Adding insult to injury, the vastly experienced Mike Dean was the fourth official and tasked with defending the indefensible when McClaren, Coloccini et al kicked off.

Madley's dreadful display continues on from an incredible performance in our Carling Cup tie against Blackburn Rovers four years ago, which was at least partly reprised in January, when Southampton were the visitors to Gallowgate for a Premier League game.

NUFC v Blackburn (Carling Cup 11/12) - Referee: Robert Madley (West Yorkshire). First NUFC game and hopefully his last....truly Madley weakly....

NUFC v Southampton (League 14/15) - Referee: Robert Madley. Another poor showing from a referee who ignored the late penalty pleas and seemed only too keen to award decisions against the home side - something that wasn't a huge surprise given  his ham-fisted approach in the Capital One Cup tie at Palace earlier in the season.

The Yorkshire-based whistler has been in the Premier League pool since April 2013 but this was his first non-cup game involving Newcastle.

He has had control of three NUFC games and has been absolutely diabolical in all of them. In fact, I'd go as far as saying he has been awful in every game he has referred in this division. Absolutely shocker of a ref, how on Earth he is still allowed to be in charge of these games is unreal.

Below are three most recent news articles about him, I could go on and on and on as he makes mistakes in every single game he manages.

Graham Poll: Three excellent calls by the linesman but the referee should have awarded a penalty to Manchester City

John Stones and Romelu Lukaku had efforts rightly ruled out for offside

Ramiro Funes Mori opened the scoring despite Lukaku being offside

Ref Robert Madley missed Navas being tripped by Mirallas in the box

A controversial penalty scored by Cesc Fabregas denied West Ham a first win at Chelsea in 14 years' date=' and a place in the top four.[/quote']

SWANSEA City will hope for no more run-ins with Robert Madley when the West Yorkshire official takes charge of their trip to Arsenal next week.

Swansea have previous with Madley, who has infuriated both Michael Laudrup and Garry Monk in the past – and left Alan Curtis feeling hard done by at Manchester City in December.