Newcastle United vs Swansea City - Saturday 16th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

Shelvey has done nothing to justify his starting place. I'm reasonably happy that he's not starting because he rarely does enough.

Remind me what Colback offers?

He's as awful defensively as Shelvey and doesn't offer any creativity, which when he's interested, as he would be today, Shelvey does.

He really isn't as bad defensively. Not even near. He doesn't run like a maniac up the field and leave a massive space in midfield about 15 times a game for a start

I honestly think a lot of people think they're watching a lazy player in Sissoko when they're actually just watching a rubbish one.

Watching both in all honesty.

But still less lazy and rubbish than most of the alternatives.

Shelvey has done nothing to justify his starting place. I'm reasonably happy that he's not starting because he rarely does enough.

He's as awful defensively as Shelvey and doesn't offer any creativity, which when he's interested, as he would be today, Shelvey does.

He really isn't as bad defensively. Not even near. He doesn't run like a maniac up the field and leave a massive space in midfield about 15 times a game for a start

He also doesn't win a tackle, like Shelvey doesn't. If anything, Colback gives away more free kicks in dangerous positions.

Here's hoping im proved wrong but I think its a major mistake.

He also doesn't win a tackle, like Shelvey doesn't. If anything, Colback gives away more free kicks in dangerous positions.

He didn't win many but more than Shelvey, he's also quicker than Shelvey. Shelvey gives away bad free kicks as well like, although not as many

Guest Montezuma0

I'll tell you in 10 minutes whether we will win.

If the coward and the invisible man play, we have no chance.

Who are they?

Sadly applies to about 3/4 of our first team squad.

Haha that's what I thought. Having difficulty narrowing it down here!

Dropping Shelvey was good. Dropping Mitro, keeping Gini and Sissoko is so awful.

Mitro is a good option to bring on, i love the player but he's not the most mobile.. if he's not gonna have someone playing alongside to run off his knock downs he's effectively redundant.

He will at least stick to his position and I've seen him put in some last minute blocks to stop shots going in. If we'd had that against Norwich they wouldn't have scored two of their goals. Colback is shit but I think Rafa is just going for people who will put in some effort today.

It's not the team I would have picked: I'd have been tempted to start with all of De Jong, Perez, and Mitrovic, and I'd have liked Anita in the middle, though there isn't another obvious option at right back. Mitrovic versus Cisse is such a difficult decision at this point, because Mitrovic offers so much more in terms of his all-round play, but I can see why - given his experience and his movement in the box - you might fancy Cisse to make the most of scraps and come up with decisive finishes. It's another game where we look short of composure and intelligence in the attack, but at least dropping Shelvey feels like the right call, as we've been hopelessly weak in the midfield since his arrival.

The match thread is going to be awful viewing for the first 45 mins. There's no doubt in my mind Swansea will be playing by far the better football. I'm just hoping we can stay in it for the first hour then go for it in the last half hour.