Newcastle United vs Swansea City - Saturday 16th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

I'll back Rafa obviously, but I just can't understand how Sissoko of all people survives the cull.  Shelvey has been poor, but not as poor as Sissoko or Wijnaldum, same goes for Perez and Mitrovic.

I'm prepared to trust Rafa. If it means we grind out a win then so be it. We aren't outscoring teams so may as well try and shut up shop and grind out a result. Not saying it will work, but had to try something new. Not a fan of cisse up top but I guess the plan is to provide him with service.

Can't even be mad at Colback inclusion as no one showed more while he was out.

Might as well go ultra defensive in there as Rafa seems to have done.

Seems in the forward areas he's just gone for the most athletic players who might then produce something out of nothing.

I can see what his thinking is.

Well with 0 defenders on the bench at least all the subs will be positive.

Unless we bring on Aarons at leftback.

That's all well and good until you actually need a defender. I know we can reshuffle and don't have many options (if any) but still a dangerous game to play.

It really doesn't matter about the team selection at this point tbh. They're all varying degrees of wank anyway. I trust the manager.

Plus he's made changes to improve us in every match so far.

For the first time in my life I'm going to support the mackems today, I'm going to hide away in my bedroom because I don't want anybody to see me.  We had better win to make that feel better.

I just switched it on and Norwich nearly scored from a corner and I was about to celebrate. :lol:

Reallyt weird this like I know it's better if Sunderland win but somehow I still don't want them to.

Well with 0 defenders on the bench at least all the subs will be positive.

Unless we bring on Aarons at leftback.

That's all well and good until you actually need a defender. I know we can reshuffle and don't have many options (if any) but still a dangerous game to play.

Cue injury to Lascelles/Dummett or Mbemba in first 10 mins...

Hope im proved wrong but that team looks awful. Dont have much hope in them getting us the result we need.

Not having a go too much as hes still getting to know the players and its ultimately the players job to perform but its not worked the last 2 weeks and that lineup doesnt inspire confidence.

I'll back Rafa obviously, but I just can't understand how Sissoko of all people survives the cull.  Shelvey has been poor, but not as poor as Sissoko or Wijnaldum, same goes for Perez and Mitrovic.

Probably not as bad as them on the face of it but it's more his fault that we are so poor defensively than it is theirs and obviously Rafa is trying to focus on the defensive side of things today

Despite what you'll want with Sissoko being dropped or not he's still our only outlet on counter and pace on the wings.

But him being capable of it doesn't matter when he never provides it anymore and instead just stops our attacks.

Sorry like. That is fucking nuts making that sack of shite captain. Sorry Rafa - I'm out.

If it means he tries harder, is it not worth it? Nobody in the squad deserves it for their good performances, might as well try something different.

Hopefully with Tiote alongside him Colback can drop his sit-ridiculously-deep-and-only-pass-it-5-yards-sideways act and get forward a bit. Wijnaldum should be better off further forward but I worry that he won't see much of the ball with Cisse up top, who cannot lead the line to save his life.

Despite what you'll want with Sissoko being dropped or not he's still our only outlet on counter and pace on the wings.

But him being capable of it doesn't matter when he never provides it anymore and instead just stops our attacks.

Well for everyone's sake I hope he proves everyone wrong and is MOTM.

Sorry like. That is fucking nuts making that sack of shite captain. Sorry Rafa - I'm out.

If it means he tries harder, is it not worth it? Nobody in the squad deserves it for their good performances, might as well try something different.

Aye like dropping the mercenary cunt.

It really doesn't matter about the team selection at this point tbh. They're all varying degrees of w*** anyway. I trust the manager.

Plus he's made changes to improve us in every match so far.

Aye, got to trust Rafa on this one.

Sissoko and Gini have been poor but I can see why he's sticking with them, especially at home. Captaincy might give Moussa a bit of a boost too