The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Dermot Gallagher says it wasn't handball ffs.

Wasn't deliberate, was it?

but he clearly gained a major advantage from it, does he score the goal without the hand ball?

But thats not the law. In my opinion it should be though, removes all doubt about the current interpretations

but he clearly gained a major advantage from it, does he score the goal without the hand ball?

But thats not the law. In my opinion it should be though, removes all doubt about the current interpretations

Yes. And perhaps more importantly, it means that you can't score a goal with your hand like that :lol:.

But surely wether it's deliberate or not is only relevant in deciding if the player should be punished?  It wasnt going in until it hit his hand and you can't score with your hand, so how can it be considered ok as a goal just because he didn't mean it?

Yes. And perhaps more importantly, it means that you can't score a goal with your hand like that :lol:.

Impartiality at its best, I'm sure.

:lol:

Wether it's deliberate or not is surely only relevant in deciding if the player should be punished or not.  But as far as wether it should be a goal or not, it wasnt going in until it hit his hand and you can't score with your hand, so it shouldn't be a goal.

It's not handball unless it's deliberate. The referee doesn't need to blow his whistle unless he believes the player deliberately handballs it. You can score with your hand, provided you didn't mean to.

Impartiality at its best, I'm sure.

:lol:

Only the best impartiality here :lol:.

My view would be that goals shouldn't count if they are helped by a hand, deliberate or not and it should be a penalty if a goal is stopped by a hand deliberate or not. Think Neymar had one in the CL Final a few years ago disallowed because it touched his hand accidentally

My view would be that goals shouldn't count if they are helped by a hand, deliberate or not and it should be a penalty if a goal is stopped by a hand deliberate or not. Think Neymar had one in the CL Final a few years ago disallowed because it touched his hand accidentally

There are plenty of laws that should be fixed.