The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Just said on the news that Southampton have qualified for the Europa League. If Man Utd avoid defeat against Bournemouth, doesn't that rely on them also winning the FA Cup?

Doesn't Man City winning the league cup mean an extra Europa league spot goes to the league? Or did that rule change?

Just said on the news that Southampton have qualified for the Europa League. If Man Utd avoid defeat against Bournemouth, doesn't that rely on them also winning the FA Cup?

6th place does it I think as Man City won the League Cup. (2 places in the league, 1 in the FA Cup).

West Ham need Man Utd to win the FA Cup to qualify for the Europa..

Guest neesy111

6th is Europa League.

6th is Europa League.

Not normally, I forgot about City winning the League Cup.

I thought this year was the first year that you didn't get Europa if you lose the Fa Cup Final to a team who has already qualified?

So Palace cant get Europe, which is why West Ham have qualified in 6th.

Edit - or did I make this up? As nobody seems to think West Ham have qualified

I thought this year was the first year that you didn't get Europa if you lose the Fa Cup Final to a team who has already qualified?

Villa lost last year's final, they aren't in Europe. Palace have to win it to get in. If Man Utd win it opens up Europa to 7th.

Villa lost last year's final, they aren't in Europe. Palace have to win it to get in. If Man Utd win it opens up Europa to 7th.

That makes much more sense, ta.