The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Admire his honesty but I'm not sure I want players coming out and basically calling the referee shit. He made a mistake, everyone should suck it up.

Agree. Sounds like it's the first decision to go against him in his career, and considering he plays for Chelsea, it's probably not too far from the truth either.

Weird how Swansea went 5 at the back today and West Ham did too against Man City a few weeks back, both failing miserably. We did it at Stoke and got pumped under Pardew. Van Gaal didn't have much success with it lwith Man Utd Has any manager had much success with it in the Prem?

Think Martinez did it a few times with Wigan which won them a few games but most of the time it  seems that teams don't really have a clue what they're doing in this division when it's implemented

On principle more defenders seems a terrible idea to me. It's control of the midfield where games are won and lost, protecting the defence should be the priority.

Most often it - in Italy/Holland at least this is often not the case. Although it's 3-5-2 rather than 5-3-2 but I guess it's the latter when under pressure.

Wide players (Janmaat) are more midfielder than pure FB. Wide CB, need to be able to function as fullbacks defending in wide areas. At least 1 needs to be really good on the ball too.

Admire his honesty but I'm not sure I want players coming out and basically calling the referee s***. He made a mistake, everyone should suck it up.

Guessing his place is most at risk with their two deadline day buys? He's probably just seen his career at the top end of the league go by him.