Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty disappointing to have no players in heading towards Brentford. Poor effort from the club.

Especially when it's been so blatantly obviously recently how much the difference between us and the crap of the division is predicated on a few standout players.

Hold on, are we serious now?

That we wouldn't be near the top two positions without Gayle and Shelvey? Yes, I am. You'd have to be a mong of epic proportions not to see how reliant we are on those two to win football matches.

Before you start with your guff, I'm well aware most sides wouldn't be the same without their best two players, but in this divison they probably didn't make a £32m profit in the last transfer window. We need to be getting stuff done and soon.

Pretty disappointing to have no players in heading towards Brentford. Poor effort from the club.

Especially when it's been so blatantly obviously recently how much the difference between us and the crap of the division is predicated on a few standout players.

Hold on, are we serious now?

That we wouldn't be near the top two positions without Gayle and Shelvey? Yes, I am. You'd have to be a mong of epic proportions not to see how reliant we are on those two to win football matches.

Before you start with your guff, I'm well aware most sides wouldn't be the same without their best two players, but in this divison they probably didn't make a £32m profit in the last transfer window. We need to be getting stuff done and soon.

I hope that this is way off the mark , but if this goes on much longer it smacks of an Ashley- type gamble of the gap between us & third being enough

It's gonna be hard to get the right players in January, this really should have been sorted in summer. I do think with Shelvey back after the Brentford game that we need to focus on getting the right players in rather than rushing to get anyone. There are plenty cloggers who've played years in the Prem but might not shine at this level - look at Colback.

Saying that, we've known the squad was short on creativity from the moment the window closed, so the fact nothing has happened suggests we've either failed in our attempts or are hoping we can pick up what's available as players move at the end of the window. Plenty time in the window left but looking at our current form, I'm not sure the current squad would finish 2nd, especially considering we've been quite lucky with injuries (by our usual standards). This window will make or break the season as recent form without Shelvey has shown.

Surely Everton are going to have to listen to offers on McCarthy if Morgan Schneiderlin signs.

Would definitely be happy with Ince and McCarthy.

McCarthy mentioned by Douglas with Callum Wilson again this morning.

Mccarthy would be a poor signing, would provide zero creativity and offers nothing but giving free kicks away.  Everton fans are pretty desperate to get rid which should tell you everythig. Obviously he is better than Colback but if we are judging a player by that then we could pretty much sign anyone.

No one is saying everything is bad. The fact is, though, our league position - which looks fairly precarious - is built on great away form. And it's pretty obvious that without Shelvey our away approach is basically nullified because we've got no one in there to orchestrate the transition game. In other words it's all a big house of cards next to an open window at the moment and with our resources and the absolutely necessity of promotion this season, that's not really the position the club should be in.

We're still after Callum Wilson according to the Chronicle, but Bournemouth want in excess of £20M.

To be entirely expected. He's had injury troubles but is still their number one striker (plus the whole 'is English' thing). They're not gonna let him go cheap.

No one's saying everything's bad... that's like my saying it's mental how complacent everyone is.

It's difficult to judge what sort of position we're actually in because the only time our squad's been tested it has come up short. Our recent run without Shelvey is not some sort of unfortunate coincidence. We're at the halfway point and hold a slender lead over the playoff sides. During that time we've been fortunate with injuries and we lose 2 of our only 'creative' players for quite a while. Of course there's a lot riding on this transfer window.

Mccarthy would be a poor signing, would provide zero creativity and offers nothing but giving free kicks away.  Everton fans are pretty desperate to get rid which should tell you everythig. Obviously he is better than Colback but if we are judging a player by that then we could pretty much sign anyone.

McCarthy would be a fantastic signing from our current position.