Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fingers crossed we can get a striker in incase anything happens to Murphy while Gayle is out.

I don't think there's any chance we're even looking for a striker. How could we attract a striker to make four when we only use one?

Counting strikers we've already got four. Gayle, Mitrovic, Murphy and Perez. Then you've got Gouffran whose scored and won a penalty in the only game he's started up front this season and Diame who's scoring goals playing off the striker.

Not fantastic options at the top level maybe, but I doubt any other championship side has anything comparable so yeah I agree, we won't be bringing in a striker. Next season is a different matter altogether.

Not sure why you two even responded. He was clearly just taking a stab at Mitrovic.

It's fairly obvious we are saving our money for next summer in order to strengthen the side for life back in the EPL.  Mccarthy and townsend are examples of players who have demonstrated they can cut it in the EPL so the club are happy to bring them in this January provided they are available for a reasonable fee.  Judging by the round of Everton rejecting £16m it doesn't look like we will be able to agree a reasonable fee.  If so Everton can keep him.  He will prob run his contract down and go for free in a couple of years.  It's sheer greed.  £16m for a player who can't get in the first team.  We may just have dodged a bullet if we miss out.p

McCarthy cost Everton something like £15m at the time didn't he? I thought he was over-priced then, but considering the transfer fees these days it's not surprising they are holding out. I doubt they are going to sell for much less.

It's fairly obvious we are saving our money for next summer in order to strengthen the side for life back in the EPL.  Mccarthy and townsend are examples of players who have demonstrated they can cut it in the EPL so the club are happy to bring them in this January provided they are available for a reasonable fee.  Judging by the round of Everton rejecting £16m it doesn't look like we will be able to agree a reasonable fee.  If so Everton can keep him.  He will prob run his contract down and go for free in a couple of years.  It's sheer greed.  £16m for a player who can't get in the first team.  We may just have dodged a bullet if we miss out.p

even in a season fees have shot up, get used to it.it will take zillions to get anywhere near the top 6, or do a Leicester

McCarthy cost £13m 3.5years ago before the transfer market massively inflated. Any competent Premier League player is going to cost a minimum of £15m now. Just look at the daft money Palace are spending on mediocre players.

McCarthy has actually played very well this season since getting his fitness back too. Previous two seasons he was pretty poor and we'd have probably snapped your hand off for £16m. Especially pre-takeover.

I suspect £20m would get it done if McCarthy wants to leave. Otherwise, I think Koeman would be happy to keep him in the midfield rotation regardless of the sums offered.

Premier League prices are crazy but the only solution is to buy from elsewhere.

McCarthy cost £13m 3.5years ago before the transfer market massively inflated. Any competent Premier League player is going to cost a minimum of £15m now. Just look at the daft money Palace are spending on mediocre players.

McCarthy has actually played very well this season since getting his fitness back too. Previous two seasons he was pretty poor and we'd have probably snapped your hand off for £16m. Especially pre-takeover.

I suspect £20m would get it done if McCarthy wants to leave. Otherwise, I think Koeman would be happy to keep him in the midfield rotation regardless of the sums offered.

I know prices are crazy like but I can't agree that any competent Premier League player has to cost a minimum of £15m.  But aye like you say prices are very inflated and the only way to avoid it is to buy from abroad.

I know prices are crazy like but I can't agree that any competent Premier League player has to cost a minimum of £15m.  But aye like you say prices are very inflated and the only way to avoid it is to buy from abroad.

the thing is 1878 is basically saying you'd have to pay the same money for mccarthy as they've just paid for schneiderlin who they presumably think is a better player :lol:

it's a sellers market for the PL mind, i get that, it's just stupid really