Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No meltdown for me, but just a little disappointing. I think we're unlikely to finish top now, and I think we'll need some good luck with injuries and suspensions to stay in the top 2. And lets hope Rafa agrees with this strategy somewhat. :undecided:

No meltdown for me, but just a little disappointing. I think we're unlikely to finish top now, and I think we'll need some good luck with injuries and suspensions to stay in the top 2. And lets hope Rafa agrees with this strategy somewhat. :undecided:

Spot on. Thought we'd either strengthen the squad or make preparation for the PL. Done neither.

:thup: Be mildly disappointing if we don't get Townsend OWA THE LINE. Don't think we'll have any issues staying in the top two though. At least we shouldn't, the squad remains the strongest in the league.

Its like we never learn.  Why gamble with promotion? - considering the money at state £20 mil on a couple of decent players to gives us that push is money well spent.

Penny-wise, pound-foolish - Ashley has always been the same the cheap twat.

Its like we never learn.  Why gamble with promotion? - considering the money at state £20 mil on a couple of decent players to gives us that push is money well spent.

Penny-wise, pound-foolish - Ashley has always been the same the cheap t***.

It's like a cruel joke - he gets a World Class manager and then cuts the funds forcing him to walk.  Keegan all over again.

Do you actually think we're gambling on promotion like?

We've got more than enough to see us win it, in my opinion. Apart from a couple of games at the end of December, start of January, it's been plain sailing.

Did you see the games when Shelvey was banned? 

We've got more than enough to see us win it, in my opinion. Apart from a couple of games at the end of December, start of January, it's been plain sailing.

Yes, I did, thanks. They're the ones I was talking about. However, they also coincided with us losing Diame and Atsu, which is unlikely to happen again at the same time.

:thup:

Yes, I did, thanks. They're the ones I was talking about. However, they also coincided with us losing Diame and Atsu, which is unlikely to happen again at the same time.

Actually, no they didn't. Not the games we lost in that period, anyway.

We'll go up, but if you can get Townsend for £13m because of a release clause, why wouldn't you go for it? It's strengthening the squad for next season apart from anything else.

Newcastle not strengthening is a gamble - people say we have the strongest squad but i disagree.  Strongest 1st 11 yes but when players like Sammi are on the bench it's clear we lack strength in depth.

We need to get promoted this season or Rafa is off - he'll not do another season in the Championship.

Newcastle not strengthening is a gamble - people say we have the strongest squad but i disagree.  Strongest 1st 11 yes but when players like Sammi are on the bench it's clear we lack strength in depth.

We need to get promoted this season or Rafa is off - he'll not do another season in the Championship.

Neither will some of our players. Massive gamble here, Ashley loves doing absolutely fuck all in a transfer window if he can get away with it. Utter bastard of a man.

Wouldn't call Villa a rival at this stage. They're 22 points behind us with 19 games left. They'd have to do better than us by 22 points from the 57 available. Not going to happen.

There's still 3 hours or so to go. Be nice to bring a couple in but don't think we will suffer too much if we don't.

Hugely disappointing window, if it as appears to be the case, closes without us adding to the squad. Look back at our last two promotions and the signing of players during the season, 92/93 (when no transfer windows) Lee, Cole and Sellars were key to us going up. Routledge and Williamson the last time helped us pull away. Would we have gone up without those signings back then ? Probably, but the secured it, I just don't see why we haven't done so again this year. We are only one injury to Shelvey away from being a downright average team in this league, as we showed during his ban.

Wouldn't call Villa a rival at this stage. They're 22 points behind us with 19 games left. They'd have to do better than us by 22 points from the 57 available. Not going to happen.

There's still 3 hours or so to go. Be nice to bring a couple in but don't think we will suffer too much if we don't.

If they sneak into the playoffs and we drop into 3rd or so, they are very much a rival and Bruce has a stellar record in the playoffs, I wouldn't back us, especially if any game goes to a penalty shootout because we seem incapable of scoring in those.

<b>There's still 3 hours or so to go. Be nice to bring a couple in</b> but don't think we will suffer too much if we don't.

We did sod all in 30.5 days but might bring a couple in with a 3 hour window to do so  :lol:

Now Ashley's revealed his true colours I doubt he'll hang around next season anyway.

question wasn't really about villa ffs, they're the only team i know to have blown some cash and a team we still have to play of course...

so of our rivals then have brighton, reading or whoever else done anything of note i've missed because injuries and suspensions will hit them as well as us don't forget