Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumour is fanciful at best but given our current squad he'd be the best player we have.

Except for the long periods of time where he will be injured.disinterested/too busy dancing.

Rumour is fanciful at best but given our current squad he'd be the best player we have.

You'd like to think nearly all of our signings in the summer will be better than those in our current squad like

Massively unrealistic on so many levels. :lol:

interested on what sort of striker you think rafa would be aiming for then, he's got kind of a history of getting 'big' strikers (torres, higuain) in at clubs to some degree as he quite clearly understands the importance of that role in his system

Liverpool and Napoli are two of the biggest clubs in the world though. Its not unrealistic for clubs of their stature to sign world class players. If we signed a world class player most outside of our club would be calling that player all sorts for doing so.

We have to go for the "could become world class in a few years" bracket imo.

Liverpool and Napoli are two of the biggest clubs in the world though. Its not unrealistic for clubs of their stature to sign world class players. If we signed a world class player most outside of our club would be calling that player all sorts for doing so.

We have to go for the "could become world class in a few years" bracket imo.

i wasn't suggesting we should or would go for the calibre of those two named, just that rafa has previous

i'm tempted to agree with you on the bit in bold but i don't see why sturridge would be such a ridiculous idea personally if rafa wanted him

Apparently we want Sigurdsson from Swansea for £15m according to The Sun.

This is exactly the kind of signing we should be making if we go up. I'd even pay the Sissoko money for Sigurdsson.

Would love that.

Apparently we want Sigurdsson from Swansea for £15m according to The Sun.

Same paper:

Barcelona are considering a shock move for former Newcastle flop Florian Thauvin, currently on loan at Marseille.