Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sigurdsson wouldn't actually surprise me, he's one of those players who is too good for the likes of Swansea but not good enough for those above say Everton.

Exactly the type of player i could see Rafa getting to sign for us assuming Ashley doesn't fuck him about.

Not the right fit for Rafa, the club 'model' or the player. Not a lot of point in discussing it.

I'd argue when he's actually healthy he is the right for Rafa tbh, but i suppose that's the point as he never is.

sturridge getting on the end of shelvey passes :sweetjesus:

look at us still believing (rightly) that spending £15m on a quality player will be beyond us :lol:

that's where we are, christ

Wijnaldum cost similar to that, spending money isn't exactly out of the norm since TV money came in. Problem is we usually spend it on the basis because of selling a player or we just waste what amounts Ashley does allow on players we don't need thus still having a s*** squad.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a couple of players for big money and completely ignore the rest of the squad because Ashley doesn't consider it necessary and wonder why we are struggling in January tbh.

be interesting to see what they give rafa after letting mcclaren spunk £80m and relegate us

1532287.gif

That's what his wife must see when he is on top.

Steve McDonkeycock then

look at us still believing (rightly) that spending £15m on a quality player will be beyond us :lol:

that's where we are, christ

Wijnaldum cost similar to that, spending money isn't exactly out of the norm since TV money came in. Problem is we usually spend it on the basis because of selling a player or we just waste what amounts Ashley does allow on players we don't need thus still having a s*** squad.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a couple of players for big money and completely ignore the rest of the squad because Ashley doesn't consider it necessary and wonder why we are struggling in January tbh.

Wijnaldum wasn't 28 though, I think that is going to be the biggest obstacle for us spending big money on a player. Our policy of signing 25 and under is going to rule a lot of good players out unless the fee is very low. Shame because Sigurdsson is exactly the type of player we need to make Rafa's formation work.

Liverpool and Napoli are two of the biggest clubs in the world though. Its not unrealistic for clubs of their stature to sign world class players. If we signed a world class player most outside of our club would be calling that player all sorts for doing so.

We have to go for the "could become world class in a few years" bracket imo.

At best.

Liverpool and Napoli are two of the biggest clubs in the world though. Its not unrealistic for clubs of their stature to sign world class players. If we signed a world class player most outside of our club would be calling that player all sorts for doing so.

We have to go for the "could become world class in a few years" bracket imo.

Napoli are well known but they're hardly a massive club like.

Guest neesy111

More of an iconic club thanks to Maradona. Probably bigger than NUFC like...

See this is where it's so subjective about what a big/successful club means etc.

For example, Leicester city have won 2 league cups and 1 league title in the last 20 years.  We may have better support, but Leicester have been a million times more successful than us in that time despite being below us in the table for 80/95% (don't know the exact stats) of that period.

See this is where it's so subjective about what a big/successful club means etc.

For example, Leicester city have won 2 league cups and 1 league title in the last 20 years.  We may have better support, but Leicester have been a million times more successful than us in that time despite being below us in the table for 80/95% (don't know the exact stats) of that period.

You can look at clubs like Luton and Watford and they too have won trophies in the past 30 years...we have been the UK's biggest underperformers EVER when you consider crowd sizes and financial turnover.

You can look at clubs like Luton and Watford and they too have won trophies in the past 30 years...we have been the UK's biggest underperformers EVER when you consider crowd sizes and financial turnover.

Watford? Coventry City have but Watford have never won a major domestic trophy.

I like to keep is simple and think only about the size of the fanbase, average home attendance when looking at the subjective question of how 'big' a club is. In the Leicester comparison above, I'd say we're a much bigger club. They've been more successful.